Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I have eat some crow regarding Rondo. Guy has been a beast this year, and deserves a lot of credit. It is not the only reason the Celtics are hot suddenly - it helps that Garnett and Pierce have been playing better since the AS break. But Rondo has been consistent and really, really good all year.
He still has his ocassional "playground moments" which I feel is one of his weaknesses. He has the tendency to get a little silly at certain parts of the game and make horse play type of shots which is no place for a NBA game.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He still has his ocassional "playground moments" which I feel is one of his weaknesses. He has the tendency to get a little silly at certain parts of the game and make horse play type of shots which is no place for a NBA game.
yeah, he has holes in his game, but I am on record as saying he could be a liability for the Cs, which is laughable at this point.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
yeah, he has holes in his game, but I am on record as saying he could be a liability for the Cs, which is laughable at this point.
If he continues to work on developing a jumpshot then I think he becomes unstoppable because he will no longer be a PG who can only drive and dish out to the open man. Players will then have to respect his outside game which will strengthen his assists and buckets around the basket.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
I have been a rondo advocate for a couple of years. He has holes, but there are not many PGs I would take over him. If im looking for a real pass 1st PG then I'm
Not sure I take anyone over him. Rose and Westbrook are good scorers and decent passers but nobody defends as well. None of them rebound as well, and I'm not sure anyone except maybe Nash and Paul passes as good or better. He is likely going the road of jkidd. Pass, rebound but not a great shooter. It took 15 seasons before Kidd really developed a reliable outside shot.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:10 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
If the Celtics can keep playing like they have, I think they could be legit contenders to win the championship.
I wouldn't go quite that far, but they're certainly a team you'd want to avoid, particularly in the earlier rounds. I think they match up better with Miami than they do with Chicago, specifically because they're at opposite ends of the spectrum in rebounding prowess, and the Bulls coach's familiarity with Boston can't be overlooked either.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 PM

On the topic of Rondo, he's one of those players whose impact can't be measured in point totals or stats. He puts his imprint on every game in a variety of ways; I saw the Kidd comparison and I think it's a fitting one. Not a dominant scorer and no one will confuse him for being a shooter, but is a walking triple double threat every night.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I wouldn't go quite that far, but they're certainly a team you'd want to avoid, particularly in the earlier rounds. I think they match up better with Miami than they do with Chicago, specifically because they're at opposite ends of the spectrum in rebounding prowess, and the Bulls coach's familiarity with Boston can't be overlooked either.
The point he is trying to make is based on their record since the All-Star Break and the way they have been winning on the road is not a team you want to take lightly in the postseason.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
The point he is trying to make is based on their record since the All-Star Break and the way they have been winning on the road is not a team you want to take lightly in the postseason.
I comprehended his point fine. Obviously Boston is a team you don't want to face in the playoffs, and I believe I said as much. They're more of a wild card, similar to LA.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I comprehended his point fine. Obviously Boston is a team you don't want to face in the playoffs, and I believe I said as much. They're more of a wild card, similar to LA.
I don't think many will be that shocked if the Celtics made the Finals since KG is playing like 2004 again along with the already clutch Pierce and speedy Rondo and sharp shooting Ray Allen.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I don't think many will be that shocked if the Celtics made the Finals since KG is playing like 2004 again along with the already clutch Pierce and speedy Rondo and sharp shooting Ray Allen.
Shocked, no. Surprised, yes. KG is playing well, but like 2004? LOL.......Pass me whatever you're joking, bro. 2004 KG was probably one of the top 5 across the board dominant seasons in the last decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball