Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 06:24 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Considering how Bynum has asserted himself offensively in Kobe's absence, we'll see if Kobe rests his body and lets Bynum do the heavy lifting, or if he chucks the last few games of the season to hang onto the scoring title. Frankly, the scoring title should mean more to Durant than Kobe right now. After 16 seasons, 5 titles, and his place firmly entrenched in history, one last scoring title isn't going to enhance his legacy in any way, particularly if it's at the team's expense.
I'm not concerned either way about a scoring title....I don't see it impacting things.

The real question would be in a playoff series where Bynum has a big match-up advantage.....does Kobe play 2nd fiddle?

I don't know and I'm not going to guess because Kobe is a proven champion. I guess he deserves the assumption that he will do what is best of the team IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, looks like Odom is indicated as a team option (is this an error?) and that leaves them enough $$$ to sign BOTH terry and dwight.

I'm not even remotely a Dallas fan, I really don't care, but they ahve enough room to sign Dwight and re-sign terry. IMO.
Hoops hype is a solid source BUT those bottom line numbers do not show everything. That salary total doesn't show anything other then the black colored salaries. So if it is any other color it's not included (this write and azubuke and si on). Lamar has about 2 mil guaranteed off his next years money. If the mavs waive/release him them they have to eat that 2+ mil. Terry is going to demand close to 10 mil I'm guessing so as I said the mavs are not as flexible as they look. They will also only have 8 contracts so they will have about 15 mil to sign 5 players plus a midlevel exception to sign another just to get to league minimum.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Yeah and some of these fans who run away when their teams are not doing well are not true sports fans.

What happened to all of those Nuggets fans from a few years ago who disappeared completely when the Nuggets lost against the Lakers in the WCF?

I am very disappointed in the Lakers in how they let the Mavs sweep them and now they are still not looking good but I just enjoy watching basketball.
It's part of the cycle though and clearly you aren't the bandwagoner that we reference.

It's not even a knock on LA, it's really a badge of honor in that bandwagoners just naturally glom onto champions. You cannot stop it, you cannot do anything about it.

LA has had a truly *epic* decade give or take and I tip my hat to them.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Hoops hype is a solid source BUT those bottom line numbers do not show everything. That salary total doesn't show anything other then the black colored salaries. So if it is any other color it's not included (this write and azubuke and si on). Lamar has about 2 mil guaranteed off his next years money. If the mavs waive/release him them they have to eat that 2+ mil. Terry is going to demand close to 10 mil I'm guessing so as I said the mavs are not as flexible as they look. They will also only have 8 contracts so they will have about 15 mil to sign 5 players plus a midlevel exception to sign another just to get to league minimum.
Damnit Rigas.

Now I have to go find more people to rep so I can rep you again.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Damnit Rigas.

Now I have to go find more people to rep so I can rep you again.
Man I have not been able to rep you and a couple others for months now!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM

Dwade dislocated a finger tonight. Sad part he was holding onto someone trying to slow them down so fouling someone (no call of course).

No time table but non shooting hand.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Well I wasn't expecting the Bulls to win AND the Heat to lose tonight, but it happened. Bulls are as good as locked in now. I dont know if they have the tie breaker but IF they do, its already clinched. Even if they are not in possession of the tiebreaker, the ONLY thing that needs to happen is the bulls need to win 1 of the next 2, or heat heat lose 1 of their next three.

I'm VERY happy the Bulls get the 1 seed. Philly, while they have beat the bulls recently, do not scare me very much. I am hoping that is the matchup over the knicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Dwade dislocated a finger tonight. Sad part he was holding onto someone trying to slow them down so fouling someone (no call of course).

No time table but non shooting hand.
I wish he would have dislocated his face.

Last edited by Orangeish; 04-21-2012 at 10:04 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Quote:
I mentioned that only out of the irony of the people touting his 22pt games as proof of how good he is.

I even mentioned that in my post.

Seriously. WTH?
I usually read the basketball forum everyday, and I don't remember anybody saying that Sessions is great though. He's a good player, that's all I'm saying. I don't think he's great, I don't think he's a future hall of famer. However, it's not only about Sessions. There seems to be people who think the Lakers are a "bad" team, when they're not. I've already clarified that I believe the Spurs are the best team in the West, and maybe in the whole league for that matter. I just think the Lakers are about right where I expected them to be.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well I wasn't expecting the Bulls to win AND the Heat to lose tonight, but it happened. Bulls are as good as locked in now. I dont know if they have the tie breaker but IF they do, its already clinched. Even if they are not in possession of the tiebreaker, the ONLY thing that needs to happen is the bulls need to win 1 of the next 2, or heat heat lose 1 of their next three.

I'm VERY happy the Bulls get the 1 seed. Philly, while they have beat the bulls recently, do not scare me very much. I am hoping that is the matchup over the knicks.

I wish he would have dislocated his face.
Right now Chicago holds the tie breaker via a better conference record, they are up by 1game. If Chicago loses 1 and mIami wins their last 2 then it moves on to win % vs playoff teams in their conference.

(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Conference won-lost percentage
(4) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(6) Net Points, all games
x-Clinched Playoff Berth | o-Eliminated from Playoffs contention | e-Clinched Eastern Conference | w-Clinched Western Conference
nw-Clinched Northwest Division | p-Clinched Pacific Conference | sw-Clinched Southwest Division | a-Clinched Atlantic Division
c-Clinched Central Conference | se-Clinched Southeast Conference
*-Games remaining vs.Teams Over/Under .500

( this is why I say play all teams 3 times. It would eliminate this whole list and simplify the whole system.)

Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I usually read the basketball forum everyday, and I don't remember anybody saying that Sessions is great though. He's a good player, that's all I'm saying. I don't think he's great, I don't think he's a future hall of famer. However, it's not only about Sessions. There seems to be people who think the Lakers are a "bad" team, when they're not. I've already clarified that I believe the Spurs are the best team in the West, and maybe in the whole league for that matter. I just think the Lakers are about right where I expected them to be.
I don't think sessions is starting quality guard personally. I think he is a very good backup. I think playing with Kobe/pau/Bynum has made him look better then he is.

I also don't think the lakers are as good as they are billed. Their "big3" are about as good as anyone but as a team they are not good. The starters play way to much. I just think they need more to ever again be a contender.

All this said, I'm hoping the lakers win today. That win would all but lock the top 4-5 seeds in the west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball