Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 09:26 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Mainly his minutes are down.

My guess is that he either has some sort of nagging injury or (more likely) he came into the season out of shape and that's causing Thib to go to his deep bench and cut Noah's minutes.

I'm not freaking out at this point, it's good for Asik's and Gibsons development and trade value if it comes down to it.

Also, seems like Boozer is playing better which I was hoping for since he had the injury early last year and also was coming into a new situation.
Noah is plagued by getting into foul trouble early in the game which is a big reason is minutes are down. It's especially maddening becuase they are usually dumb, avoidable fouls, at least to the viewer. His hyped up energy level might actually be hurting him as he seems to play out of control sometimes. Add in the fact that Asik is playing great when he comes in, Noah doesn't get back onto the floor at the end of the game.

Boozer, not last night, but in general has been playing much better. It's still annoying though to have a big 4 that is a better spot up shooter than the traditional bruiser. Though one could argue that with Rose's penetration abilities, it might be better to have less bodies in the lane.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Sixers/Knicks tonight

Cant believe I am this excited for a early regular season NBA game

Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Sixers/Knicks tonight

Cant believe I am this excited for a early regular season NBA game
Philly looks good, but I would still be surprised to see them out of the first round.

Weirdly, I think it looks likely that the same 8 teams in the East will make the post season in the east this year, with the 3-8 seeds switching around a bit. Way to early to say that with any certainty, but I'm throwing it out there.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Philly looks good, but I would still be surprised to see them out of the first round.

Weirdly, I think it looks likely that the same 8 teams in the East will make the post season in the east this year, with the 3-8 seeds switching around a bit. Way to early to say that with any certainty, but I'm throwing it out there.
I don't know.

Miami, chicago, Atlanta....

I could see the 76ers being the 4th or 5th seed and advancing. They'd have to beat an Orlando or maybe Boston level team which is doable.

For what it's worth the the 76ers have had a soft schedule so far BUT they've been clobbering teams. We shall see.....

Last edited by Mathguy; 01-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Forgot about Boston

Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't know.

Miami, chicago, Atlanta....

I could see the 76ers being the 4th or 5th seed and advancing. They'd have to beat an Orlando or maybe Boston level team which is doable.

For what it's worth the the 76ers have had a soft schedule so far BUT they've been clobbering teams. We shall see.....
Agreed, if they can get the 5th (mayyybe 6th) seed or higher they have a great chance. I just figured they would be in the 7th/8th range with the Pacers and have to face off vs the Bulls or Heat first round.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Agreed, if they can get the 5th (mayyybe 6th) seed or higher they have a great chance. I just figured they would be in the 7th/8th range with the Pacers and have to face off vs the Bulls or Heat first round.
Yeah 7th and 8th seed are FUBAR lol.

Who knows, could come down to a game here or there as to whom is say 5th or 7th etc.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Any rookies anybody has been real impressed with? I'm liking the picks the Cavs made in Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson, Kyrie looks to have top tier point guard capabilites and TT will be a quality big man in the league for many years. Brandon Knight for the Pistons has looked pretty good, he's a good 3 shooter for sure. Kawhi Leonard for the Spurs, under the radar like a lot of thier first round picks he has a very solid game already. Ricky Rubio has the potential to be one of the greatest passers of all time, and he's had a decent offensive game to. Gotta say I'm impressed with him. Kemba Walker for the Bobcats, also has been very solid at guard. Norris Cole has proved to be a good piece for Miami so far. Those have been the most impressive to me.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Clips-Heat was interesting game tonight--LAC won in OT. Miami was horrible from the charity stripe all night, and was pretty bad from the field at the end of regulation and in OT.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 AM

167 posts, read 268,779 times
LOLbron does it again! He even missed from point-blank range. Unbelievable.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Clips-Heat was interesting game tonight--LAC won in OT. Miami was horrible from the charity stripe all night, and was pretty bad from the field at the end of regulation and in OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
LOLbron does it again! He even missed from point-blank range. Unbelievable.
Yeah, I went to bed for the OT, but I couldn't believe LeBron had had TWO chances at the foul line to win the game and couldn't get it done. I'm not shocked at all they ended up losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball