U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,423,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He's had some big games lately, the Dallas game was not one of them.
strictly hate... Smh

Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,935,848 times
Bynum is clearly the 2nd best center this year, but again, i won't judge a player based on one season. I have to see quite a few more seasons to judge his entire body of work. He has to stay healthy though. What will really be interesting to see is how he develops and plays if Kobe retires in a couple of years and Pau is gone.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM

52,295 posts, read 42,074,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
strictly hate... Smh
You are calling a 9-24 performance against a soft in the middle dallas team hate? An elite center shooting under 40% against Bredan Heywood?

Sweet. The regulars here will certainly take note of such a brilliant post and treat you accordingly.

I raised a number of fact based points, you chose to address NONE of them. Great analytics.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I raised a number of fact based points, you chose to address NONE of them. Great analytics.
I have addressed anything? that's rich... YOU have not addressed anything I said.

You never addressed how Bynum is ranked 20 spots higher in the clutch than Howard... but yet YOU say he's not clutch!

You say Howard is better... I agree and I never said Bynum was better!

You never addressed how Bynum has almost the EXACT same stat line as Howard, but you said wait til the season is over to see if his numbers still match up. And THEY DO!!!

And yet you are the one focusing on facts... with that mumbo jumbo talk. you talk all around the a**hole to get to the elbow. I'm not bringing up anything else except the original statement... Just address my original statement that you refuted and stop focusing on ONE game... surely you can analize things better than that. MathGuy Why is that so difficult?

"The Lakers do not need Howard because Bynum gives them the same things"

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-17-2012 at 07:57 AM..

Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,234,002 times
howards numbers today
20.9 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 2.1 bpg, 1.5 spg, 3.2 to in 38.3 mpg shooting 57.3%

bynums stats as of today
18.6 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.9 bpg, .4 spg, 2.6 to in 35.6 mpg shooting 55.8%

bynum is "close" but howard is easily better. bynum may pass him but not for a few more years if ever.

then you can look at their last meeting head to head on jan 20th. howard went for 21 points, 23 rebounds to bynums 10 points 12 rebounds and bynum got pulled for foul trouble. he had a decent game for 21 minutes but howard sent him to school head to head. bynum has had some ok rebounding games but has only scored 15+ on howard once, and howard has only scored 15 or less on bynum twice.

head to head bynum cant hardly stay on the court, and only with the help of pau does he get his decent rebounding numbers. so while their seasonal numbers are somewhat close their games are not, howard is IMO far and away better.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Reading and Comprehension must be difficult for you guys... I challenge you all to find a post where I said Bynum was better than Howard?

*waiting*

Incidently... when did 1 basket and 2 Rebounds become far and away better? It's better... but far and away is laughable

Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Reading and Comprehension must be difficult for you guys... I challenge you all to find a post where I said Bynum was better than Howard?

*waiting*

Incidently... when did 1 basket and 2 Rebounds become far and away better? It's better... but far and away is laughable
so let me see are you the pot or the kettle?

go back, re read my post. you will see that i metion (more then once) that their numbers are close. i even went so far as to say bynum may pass howard in a few years. but i also pointed out their head to head matchups in which case it is not even close. howard is FAR AND AWAY better. head to head bynum is averaging 8.9 and 6.6 to howards 20.5 and 13.3. not even close.

so once again while their stats on the year are fairly close, IMO, howard is STILL far and away better.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so let me see are you the pot or the kettle?

go back, re read my post. you will see that i metion (more then once) that their numbers are close. i even went so far as to say bynum may pass howard in a few years. but i also pointed out their head to head matchups in which case it is not even close. howard is FAR AND AWAY better. head to head bynum is averaging 8.9 and 6.6 to howards 20.5 and 13.3. not even close.

so once again while their stats on the year are fairly close, IMO, howard is STILL far and away better.

But why are you are even debating who is better? That was never brought up... That's my point. So who cares what their head to head battle stats are? seriously who are you bringing that up to?

You all are debating about who is better but I never brought that up. I just said Howard was not needed by the Lakers when the difference in Bynum/Howard stats are 2 pts and 2 rebounds.... that's neglibible. And Bynum plays with a ball hog and another all-star 7 ft. So they make up the neglible difference. Thus Howard is not needed.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The Lakers are NOT trading Bynum... He gives you the same thing Howard does and has more of an upside if he's healthy. That's a big if, but they don't need Howard and they wont make a play for him.

The Lakers only concern is who will replace Kobe... I know its a long shot but if a superstar doesnt emerge out of the draft for them I see them going after Durant when his contract up...
sure looks like your saying bynum is better when healthy. what exactly is that "upside" he has more of when he is healthy?

bottom line is bynum doesnt give the same thing as howard and he is healthy. his numbers are close BUT he doesnt shoot at as high a %, he doesnt rebound as well (2 rebounds is HUGE), and he doesnt defend anywhere near as well.

the lakers would be foolish to NOT trade bynum for howard, and orlando would be stupid TO trade howard for bynum. obviously its not happening this year but there is always next year.

and the fact you even implied that the thunder would let durants contract expire without resigning him shows me a whole lot.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
sure looks like your saying bynum is better when healthy. what exactly is that "upside" he has more of when he is healthy?
"looks like" im saying he is better... GTFOH. If I was saying he is better I would have said it!

And if you don't know what "upside" is then you don't need to be discussing sports.

Quote:
bottom line is bynum doesnt give the same thing as howard and he is healthy. his numbers are close BUT he doesnt shoot at as high a %, he doesnt rebound as well (2 rebounds is HUGE), and he doesnt defend anywhere near as well.
2 rebounds is not HUGE. You are "stretching" to try to make your point. You are arguing for the sake of arguing now. 1 basket and 2 rebounds... that's what you are arguing about buddy.

Quote:
and the fact you even implied that the thunder would let durants contract expire without resigning him shows me a whole lot.
Do you know what a joke is? The should have given you a clue. but i forgot you cannot read and comprehend because when you read, things "look" different than the words actually read.

Look its obvious you carry one thread to the next... and have taken issue on every thread because I called you on another. This is nothing but healthy conversation. if you cant separate your emotion and make valid and lucid points then maybe you should not debate things... cause obviously you carry things over and have put a cape on to come save the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or