U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times

Advertisements

Lmao! 2 rebounds isn't huge? Well considering Tim Duncan, arguably the greatest pf in history, never averaged 14+ rebounds, that 2 rebounds is huge. I mean if 2 rebounds was no big deal then why isn't Bynum averaging 14+ himself?

What upside are you speaking of that Bynum has over Howard? The only upside I see is he is 2 yrs younger. Then again he has had what 3 knee surgeries? That can't be good for his upside. Bottom line is, Bynum outside of his age had no upside over Howard anywhere. Oh wait he shoots free throws better.

I expect Bynum has reached pretty close to his max potential, he might get a bit higher on ppg but I don't see him averaging any more of any other stat line in his career.

And if you think I'm here arguing this conversation because you think you got me on some other thread, well you would be mistaken. I'm here arguing this conversation because your premis that the lakers would not be better with Howard (as implied in your "the lakers don't need Howard") post is just silly.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,004,300 times
Anyone have stats for Bynum when he's not playing with Pau?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM

52,015 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Anyone have stats for Bynum when he's not playing with Pau?
Pau hasn't missed many games so whatever is left is going to be so small that it would be impossible to draw conclusions from it.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lmao! 2 rebounds isn't huge? Well considering Tim Duncan, arguably the greatest pf in history, never averaged 14+ rebounds, that 2 rebounds is huge. I mean if 2 rebounds was no big deal then why isn't Bynum averaging 14+ himself?.
Try to keep up:

The Lakers shoot .458 as a team. The Magic shoot .443 as a team.

Each team has taken about 5K shots. That's 2290 going in for the Lakers to 2215 for the Orlando. That means that there is about 1 extra rebound a game more available to Howard. So Howard only gets 1 more than that extra available rebound.

And that's suppose to be HUGE!!! you are joke... That 2+ rebounds stat is neglible and relative to the team they play on. It means absolutely nothing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'm here arguing this conversation because your premis that the lakers would not be better with Howard (as implied in your "the lakers don't need Howard") post is just silly.
Again reading comprehension 101... Tell me where in the sentence below does it say the Lakers would not be better with Howard? Please tell me...

"The Lakers do not need Howard because Bynum gives you the same things"

Stop playing Skip Bayless and stop adding your twisted insight to my words. Just read and comprehend what I write.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,818 times
This is off topic and begining to annoy me. I'm closing this thread, open a Bynum vs Howard debate thread if you want to take it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or