U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The rockets point of view is to get pau and dalembert to make a pour mans pau/Bynum combo. I say terrible trade for the rockets.
Yeah, that is a risky way of building a team...how do they know Dalembert will sign with them, and second, when did Dalembert get a rep for being such a game changer?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,898,256 times
A writer on another site said this which i find interesting.

Kinda makes sense. The NBA doesn't want to foot the bill for New Orleans forever, but they also don't want to lose the franchise.

They weren't having much luck finding a buyer for the Hornets with Chris Paul.. The crap they were getting back(Scola, Martin, Dragic, Odom)? Not a single marketable player in the bunch. And none of them exactly have great contracts.

You have to look at it from the NBA's perspective. What's more appealing to buyers? Older, maybe above average at best players or younger guys that are marketable?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
JL

Anyone also noticed that the Hornets got those players back and weren't sending any of their own out? It seems to me like they would've been way over the luxury tax with this, so maybe the NBA owners don't want to pay the hefty bill for the Hornets all the while trying to sell the team which would look bad to prospective buyers.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,948,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
A writer on another site said this which i find interesting.

Kinda makes sense. The NBA doesn't want to foot the bill for New Orleans forever, but they also don't want to lose the franchise.

They weren't having much luck finding a buyer for the Hornets with Chris Paul.. The crap they were getting back(Scola, Martin, Dragic, Odom)? Not a single marketable player in the bunch. And none of them exactly have great contracts.

You have to look at it from the NBA's perspective. What's more appealing to buyers? Older, maybe above average at best players or younger guys that are marketable?
You have to look at what players give you the best chance to win in near future...

The givens: Paul walks end of contract and West should be signed by another team (potentially Indiana). In other words, #1 and #2 gone.

Back to the "crap"...
Scola - solid backup PF
Martin - good scorer
Dragic - solid PG
Odom - still running very well.
2012 First Round Pick (NY i.e. so-so team) - should come out to around #14-15... i.e. decent draft stock.

vs

Nothing.

All signs point to the "crap"

Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,207,205 times
Well if it's a mater of trading Paul for a marketable player then the Knicks where rumored to be offering amare.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 PM
JL

Chris Paul says he won't report to Hornet's training camp and will file suit against the NBA for blocking this trade. Also, the NBA Union might fight this in court if need be...just a swell way to get the NBA season started!! Yoohoo!!

Lamar Odom reportedly crying in interview earlier....lol

Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,074 times
I guess Odom had got used to that Hollywood lifestyle, eh?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,207,205 times
Well odom has the real beef, I mean his loving media ***** wife isn't about to move to NO with him. Now with the trade vetoed, now he is stuck with the fat kardashian sister!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,761,976 times
Yes, the nba owners blocking this deal through Stern makes a lot of sense.

The nba ownere now own the Hornets, and by trading Paul, the Hornets would stand to lose fan support. There are now over 10,000 season tickets sold in New Orleans, and the trade of Paul could bring some cancellations and an uproar.

If anybody on this thread would own a business, he would expect his general manager to consult with him on any decision that could cause financial harm.

Until somebody steps up and buys the Hornets, the nba owners who currently own and run the franchise have the veto right and the authority over the direction the franchise takes.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM

491 posts, read 1,333,593 times
Stern just killed this deal cause some of the owners complained about the deal, this deal is now dead, no?
There's a conflict of interest with the NBA owning the Hornets.
At the moment, I don't see what the teams violated in the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or