U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

52,015 posts, read 41,844,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
James did not "carry" that team. He got alot of help from Allen, Anderson, and Mario. I will say Bosh and Wade definitely did not live up to the Big 3 hype. Also, the Heat pretty much got to the Western Conference finals with little work needed compared to any team coming out of the West.

The one thing Kobe isn't is "soft". Kobe is the anti-Lebron. He's a true leader but not a good teammate. Lebron has become a leader and is a great teammate.

Either way, it took James 8 years and his 3rd Finals trip to get the ring. And I'm saying it now, the Heat aren't making it to the Finals. Four years in a row, that ain't happening. James will get one more ring with a different team and that will be it.
Just re-read the first post of the thread. There were some pretty harsh statements about a guy that just months later would be finals MVP.

I just think the "soft" label gets thrown around too easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 02:33 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,447,137 times
This thread is nearly two years ago. WTF is your point exactly? James learned alot from losing to the Mavs as I already stated when you decided to bump this thread.

So if you want to make a new point, go ahead. If you want to continue being redundant, enjoy yourself.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 AM

52,015 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Quote:
This thread is nearly two years ago. WTF is your point exactly? James learned alot from losing to the Mavs as I already stated when you decided to bump this thread.

So if you want to make a new point, go ahead. If you want to continue being redundant, enjoy yourself.
The point is historical perspective as everyone keeps throwing the "soft" label around at various players.

We will have to disagree on just how much of the loss to the Mavs was lebron being "soft" and how much was Bosh playing terribly and the mavs hitting 3's like layups that series.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:

I think it highlights how absurd some of your points and predictions are. I think it's excellent that he bumped this threads. Lots of people make absurd arguments when they don't like a player some of these are examples of this.

Quote:

James should and could drive to the basket on damn near every possession yet he settles for 3's and jumpers.
Like this one.

Quote:
I think Lebron James is the most overrated player of our generation. He is completely void under pressure minus one game against the Magic THREE years ago and a few games against the Pistions FOUR years ago. You can not depend on either player at the end of the game.
And this one

Quote:
IMO, they both need an aggressive leader who can ball to be the leader and they are the supplementary player. James has Wade.
And this one too.

Quote:
When James signed with the Heat, he pretty much admitted he doesn't/can't lead a team on his own. I think Howard falls under that mindset as well.
And this one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The point is historical perspective as everyone keeps throwing the "soft" label around at various players.

We will have to disagree on just how much of the loss to the Mavs was lebron being "soft" and how much was Bosh playing terribly and the mavs hitting 3's like layups that series.
I think of bumping these threads will people rip a player therby making them look very foolish as kind of a public service.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,442,522 times
James has never been a soft player ... that statement is a joke on it's face and that has only been proven over recent years .... regardless of delusional arguments from desparate OPs

Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,246,731 times
The idea that the Heat would be Wade's team, and that Lebron was going to Miami to be Wade's sidekick was extremely common at the time. People were making comments like that constantly on InsideHoops.

It was nearly as ridiculous then as it is now, since even 3 years ago Wade was nowhere near the player Lebron was.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,553,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
The idea that the Heat would be Wade's team, and that Lebron was going to Miami to be Wade's sidekick was extremely common at the time. People were making comments like that constantly on InsideHoops.

It was nearly as ridiculous then as it is now, since even 3 years ago Wade was nowhere near the player Lebron was.
Pound-for-pound, Wade is BETTER than Lebron. Wade is a winner.

This league has turned into Lebron James-promotion machine. IMO, the Heat is not LeBron's team, it is Wade and Lebron's team.

About being soft, at one time Lebron was considered soft. I don't see the point in reviving this thread just to gloat because Lebron has now won two titles B2B. Howard may not be soft. He's just not that intelligent, has no creativity, has a very limited game, and is overrated.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 07-10-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,246,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Pound-for-pound, Wade is BETTER than Lebron.
Pound for pound, Earl Boykins is better than Larry Bird. I guess. I'm not sure exactly how to calculate that statistic.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Pound-for-pound, Wade is BETTER than Lebron. Wade is a winner.
Wade is not even close? Did you watch the series this year? Or last year for that matter? Or any basketball in the last 2 years?

Last edited by jdm2008; 07-11-2013 at 03:30 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,553,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Wade is not even close? Did you watch the series this year? Or last year for that matter? Or any basketball in the last 2 years?
You're insulting me personally simply because I gave an opinion that you don't agree with (or don't understand). I wonder why?

Ordinarily I would answer, but in this case, it's not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball