U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM

52,055 posts, read 41,862,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
what a joke. dwight howard aka i cant shoot free throws aka if they foul me in a close game in the 4th my team will lose number 2?
i hate kobe more than jews and palestinians hate each other but he's top 3 in the league im not hearing anything else
Howard is the best defensive player in the league. On the offensive end he cann single handedly generate double digits a night just on FT's and offensive rebounds without a single play put through him. He is without any doubt, the best center in the NBA. period.

Kobe takes 5 shots more a night than any other player in the league. His FG% is dismal, he doesn't involve his bigmen and then blames everyone around him. On top of that, if you watched the OKC series, 4 games in he was shooting something like 25% in the 4th quarter including 2 games he flat out shot them out of the game. (Remember his 2 of 10 night in the 4th where they went from up 8 to a loss in the last 7 minutes or so?)

Kobe has aged and hasn't adjusted his game. Basically, he's gone Iverson and a player shooting that much, that badly isn't going in my top 10.

That's not to say he couldn't play at a top 5 level, it's that he refuses to at this stage of his career. He hasn't learned to adjust to his aging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:18 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Howard is the best defensive player in the league. On the offensive end he cann single handedly generate double digits a night just on FT's and offensive rebounds without a single play put through him. He is without any doubt, the best center in the NBA. period.

Kobe takes 5 shots more a night than any other player in the league. His FG% is dismal, he doesn't involve his bigmen and then blames everyone around him. On top of that, if you watched the OKC series, 4 games in he was shooting something like 25% in the 4th quarter including 2 games he flat out shot them out of the game. (Remember his 2 of 10 night in the 4th where they went from up 8 to a loss in the last 7 minutes or so?)

Kobe has aged and hasn't adjusted his game. Basically, he's gone Iverson and a player shooting that much, that badly isn't going in my top 10.

That's not to say he couldn't play at a top 5 level, it's that he refuses to at this stage of his career. He hasn't learned to adjust to his aging.
stopped reading at "the best center in the nba"
compared to who... compared to andrew bogut.. compared to kendrick perkins. saying dwight howard is the best center is like saying ginobili is 'without any doubt the best argentinian player in the league'.. compared to what other argentinians. dwight's 'effectiveness' disappears in late game situations when the game is close.
then comparing kobe to iverson.. lol smh.. hasnt adjusted his game? lol log off for 1 week. his fg % is like 2 percentage points below his career average. he is in his 17th year in the league scoring 30 a game.

but please tell me how much more you'd rather have dwight in the game with the ball than kobe during crunch time.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 PM

52,055 posts, read 41,862,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
stopped reading at "the best center in the nba"
compared to who... compared to andrew bogut.. compared to kendrick perkins. saying dwight howard is the best center is like saying ginobili is 'without any doubt the best argentinian player in the league'.. compared to what other argentinians. dwight's 'effectiveness' disappears in late game situations when the game is close.
then comparing kobe to iverson.. lol smh.. hasnt adjusted his game? lol log off for 1 week. his fg % is like 2 percentage points below his career average. he is in his 17th year in the league scoring 30 a game.

but please tell me how much more you'd rather have dwight in the game with the ball than kobe during crunch time.
You watch the thunder series? Please please post up Kobe's crunch time statistics.

By game please. 4th quarter stats....go for it bro.

swear to god, lakers have more becky fans that show up around the playoffs and still think derek fisher plays for them......and Kobe is still 29.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,892,729 times
1. sure, point out the thunder series and ignore dwight howards non existent clutch play his entire career
2. "i hate kobe more than jews and palestinians hate each other " is what i said in my first post.
3. what the hell is a 'becky fan'... who talks like that lol smh
4. not wasting another minute typing to you but more importantly i will not sit here arguing in favor of kobe bryant. i feel like i need to take a shower after what i've done. i may never forgive myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball