U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,164,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Dallas
4) Clippers
5) Celtics
6) Lakers
7) Knicks
8) Spurs
9) Magic
10) Grizzlies
Let me do a few changes here...Perfect!

1) Thunder
2) Heat
3) Dallas
4) Bulls
5) Celtics
6) Lakers
7) Knicks
8) Spurs
9) Magic
10) Grizzlies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Wow, I know they looked bad last night, but not having the Bulls in the top 10 is pretty crazy.
that was a mistake I'd say the bulls are 3 or 4 and everybody gets bumped one.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,655,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter21 View Post
They nearly beat the Heat in Miami without Paul Pierce. I'm not a fan of the Celtics, but they should never be counted out or taken lightly. They're a tough-minded veteran team who really just focus on the playoffs. I'm not saying they're going to win the title (they're not), but they definitely deserve a league top 10 spot.
They were losing the entire game. They made a late game run, but didn't have the guns to win. I mean the Bobcats almost beat the Heat too, should they be top 5? On top of that they just got blown out last night in New Orleans (without Eric Gordon, their best player). If they were deeper they would be able to handle this condensed schedule better but without depth in their front court they are going to struggle. Can you imagine what would happen to their front court if Garnett got hurt? At least in the past few years they have had people behind him. I think Ainge made some dumb decision by not only trading Perkins, but also their two rookie bigs (Harangody and Erden).

Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I will underestimate them. They played a good game and beat the Bulls, they deserve credit, but this team won't catch a whiff of an NBA title any time soon.
Never said NBA title. They are not considered a dominant team and can be very inconsistent but also can beat any team out there when they are on their game. Knicks and Bulls both were victims this past week. They are a playoff caliber team and can surprise people but I don't see them making it to a championship soon. If we can change out D. Wright with a better player to start, then our starting 5 looks alot better. currently M.Ellis, S.Curry, D.Lee, A.Biedrins, D. Wright. Definitely not a shabby group.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:10 PM

52,015 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
I think the Knicks will surprise a lot of people in defense this year. Not only because of Chandler, but the team in general.
3 games in and they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league so far.

Shocker.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I think Orlando is like 21-4 in their last 25 games against the Hawks.
They played each other 10 times last season.

The Hawks won 7 of them.

I have no idea what league you've been watching.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Thats because Hawks lost some offense in Jamal crawford which HE killed Orlando last year. Hawks are still garbage.
Crawford has been on 5 different NBA teams in the past 6 years for a reason.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:14 PM

1,742 posts, read 5,003,812 times
1 Chicago
2 OKC
3 Dallas
4 LAL
5 Miami
6 San Antonio
7 Boston
8 LAC
9 Memphis
10 NY

Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 AM

167 posts, read 233,925 times
The Lakers are still a top 5 team.

Kobe is still an elite scorer and is the healthiest he's been in a while (even with the injured finger).

Kobe/Gasol is still the best guard/big man duo, Gasol/Bynum being the best F/C combo. It has the potential to be even better with Dwight Howard (Jim Buss has already stated that he won't give up both Gasol and Bynum for Howard).

The bench is much deeper than last year. Metta World Peace has embraced his role off the bench and could win the Sixth Man of the Year Award if he continues playing the way he has. McRoberts and Barnes provide hustle and scrapiness. Murphy and Kapono can stretch the floor. Blake is playing with much more confidence under the new system.

Mike Brown's defensive-minded, in-your-face approach is a stark departure from Phil Jackson's coaching style.

Sorry, but the Lakers are still the Lakers. They will never suck.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM

10,428 posts, read 12,433,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They played each other 10 times last season.

The Hawks won 7 of them.

I have no idea what league you've been watching.
I did not include last playoff series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball