U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 AM
 
51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Reputation: 32422

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so you have the 4-8 (with the 7th easiest schedule to date) celtics at 5 and the 9-4 (with the 8th hardest sos to date) spurs not even on the list?

1. thunder
2. heat
3. bulls
4. spurs
5. lakers
6. clippers
7. hawks
8. magic
9. mavs
10. portland
This would be roughly my list except for the Mavs being more like 4th and shift the spurs down a little bit. The rest would be quibbling over 1 pt. here or there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This would be roughly my list except for the Mavs being more like 4th and shift the spurs down a little bit. The rest would be quibbling over 1 pt. here or there.
i think the spurs are getting discredited a bit. i take this list as a reg season list to which i say, spur won 61 games last year with the only players leaving being mcdyess and hill really. splitter is performing well past what dyess did, and leonard is already as good as hill defensively and his offense is coming along nicely.

the mavs on the other hand just plain suck! HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,424 posts, read 12,427,921 times
Reputation: 4857
Right now
1.Oklahoma City
2.Philadelphia
3.Chicago
4.Orlando
5.Indiana
6.LA Clippers
7.Atlanta
8.San Antonio
9.Utah
10.Miami

At the end of the regular season:
1.Miami
2.Oklahoma City
3.Chicago
4.LA Clippers
5.Orlando
6.LA Lakers
7.Dallas

8.Portland
9.Philadelphia
10.New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Reputation: 1982
wow you have the clippers over the spurs even after the spurs destroyed them by 25 with no spurs playing more then 27 minutes? spurs shot 56% to the 38% of the clippers?

and philly? they have the easiest schedule in the entire league and thats not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM
 
51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Reputation: 32422
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i think the spurs are getting discredited a bit. i take this list as a reg season list to which i say, spur won 61 games last year with the only players leaving being mcdyess and hill really. splitter is performing well past what dyess did, and leonard is already as good as hill defensively and his offense is coming along nicely.

the mavs on the other hand just plain suck! HA!
I'm factoring in both the Spurs injuries....and the ones they are going to have.

Seriously, the Spurs are a team I really like but they just can't ever get healthy at the same time anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm factoring in both the Spurs injuries....and the ones they are going to have.

Seriously, the Spurs are a team I really like but they just can't ever get healthy at the same time anymore.
i have to say i think manu going down at this time of the year, him getting an extended break (he played ball all summer like parker did) is a blessing in disguise. i dont expect my spurs to win a ring, and looking at it that way i would rather tank the season and get that #1 pick like we do every 15-18 years. unfortunately there is not a robinson/duncan caliber player in the draft next year so i guess we will have to wait another year.

i will venture to say that had manu not broken his arm in the last game of the season the spurs had a very good shot at winning it all last year. if dallas did it, the spurs should have been able to as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,471 posts, read 12,317,065 times
Reputation: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so you have the 4-8 (with the 7th easiest schedule to date) celtics at 5 and the 9-4 (with the 8th hardest sos to date) spurs not even on the list?

1. thunder
2. heat
3. bulls
4. spurs
5. lakers
6. clippers
7. hawks
8. magic
9. mavs
10. portland
The Spirs going to fade just like the Lakers at the end of the Season...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The Spirs going to fade just like the Lakers at the end of the Season...
yeah everyone always says that, and yet the spurs always end up in the mix. plus their will be getting their go to guy back in another 6 weeks, and their back up PG in about 6-7 weeks. both of those guys will be well rested while most of the league will be dog tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Reputation: 1982
We need to relook at this. How close where we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
 
51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Reputation: 32422
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
We need to relook at this. How close where we.
Well, we were in the east, it's going to be Bulls vs Heat for the next 2-3+ years.

However, in the west, the Spurs have really proven strong and the Mavs lost a lot of guys.+3

The Lakers are obviously a lot tougher thean early in the year too.

I personally rank:

1-4 Heat, Bulls, Thunder, Spurs (tied)
5 Lakers
6 Mavs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top