Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,041,227 times

Advertisements

^^^Not a bad list, although Im not sold on either LA team, yet. Id put Dallas probably 4th/5th which you have.
Great ceremony today, Miami looked good. I dont mind if the Mavs dont repeat, because of how sweet last season was. I do not like the Heat though and hope someone else spoils their repeat year. What should be title 2 of 9 was it....Hopefully in the conference; Chicago or NY maybe even Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 05:40 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,627,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
For this year, I'd say the top 10 teams are:

1) Heat
2) Bulls
3) Dallas
4) Thunder
5) Celtics
6) Knicks
7) Magic
8) Clippers
9) Hawks
10) Lakers

I'm not even sure about the Lakers at this point. They did nothing to improve and may only be a 50-50 team this year. Denver or Spurs deserve the 10 spot more, but I can't count Kobe out.
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Dallas
4) Clippers
5) Celtics
6) Lakers
7) Knicks
8) Spurs
9) Magic
10) Grizzlies

Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,913,773 times
Quote:
For this year, I'd say the top 10 teams are:

1) Heat
2) Bulls
3) Dallas
4) Thunder
5) Celtics
6) Knicks
7) Magic
8) Clippers
9) Hawks
10) Lakers

I'm not even sure about the Lakers at this point. They did nothing to improve and may only be a 50-50 team this year. Denver or Spurs deserve the 10 spot more, but I can't count Kobe out.
The Celtics do not deserve a top 5 spot. Their bench is awful. And the Magic are not very good at all. They will be lucky to make the playoffs in my opinion.

Here goes my top 10

1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Bulls
4) Mavericks
5) Clippers
6) Spurs
7) Pacers (YES! The Pacers!!)
8) Trail Blazers
9) Lakers
10) Knicks

I also think the Grizzlies might be up there as well, but I can't see them having a better record than the Lakers though. Should be interesting.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:48 AM

650 posts, read 1,805,558 times
After seeing the Lakers play in their first 2 games, they look very unimpressive. I don't see them being a top 10 team anymore. Mavs too, not playing like champions so far.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,011,648 times
Quote:
After seeing the Lakers play in their first 2 games, they look very unimpressive. I don't see them being a top 10 team anymore. Mavs too, not playing like champions so far.
i think this is a jump to conclusion. this is like me crowning the spurs as champs because they beat the griz last night.

mavs have been known to start slow, they just changed a large part of their roster and the short camp/preseason has effected a lot of teams. plus word is dirk is not playing 100% healthy.

wait, am i defending the mavs? scratch everything i just typed.
remember the mavs started 0-4 and went on to win 67 games a couple yrs ago.

as for the lakers, they are playing without their starting center, they have had some roster changes and are working on learning a new system with their new coach who isnt "triangular" so to speak. i expect they will be in the pack, not at the head of the pack, and might not be ahead of the other LA team but they are not falling out of the playoff race for sure.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:23 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,442,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Dallas
4) Clippers
5) Celtics
6) Lakers
7) Knicks
8) Spurs
9) Magic
10) Grizzlies
Wow, I know they looked bad last night, but not having the Bulls in the top 10 is pretty crazy.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 AM

417 posts, read 363,839 times
Not going to make picks until a couple weeks into this season, a lot of these teams haven't had a chance to play together and still need to figure out a few things. And to the guy who didn't have the Bulls in their top ten, you be crazy bro.

As much as I dislike the Heat and especially Lebron and their cracked out looking coach, that trio looked sick on Christmas day.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,078,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Wow, I know they looked bad last night, but not having the Bulls in the top 10 is pretty crazy.
Never underestimate my Warriors. They look solid on paper but we never know who will show up each night. When they are on their game, they can hang in there with anyone. The Bulls saw that last night.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,442,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Never underestimate my Warriors. They look solid on paper but we never know who will show up each night. When they are on their game, they can hang in there with anyone. The Bulls saw that last night.
I will underestimate them. They played a good game and beat the Bulls, they deserve credit, but this team won't catch a whiff of an NBA title any time soon.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM

174 posts, read 468,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
The Celtics do not deserve a top 5 spot. Their bench is awful. And the Magic are not very good at all. They will be lucky to make the playoffs in my opinion.
They nearly beat the Heat in Miami without Paul Pierce. I'm not a fan of the Celtics, but they should never be counted out or taken lightly. They're a tough-minded veteran team who really just focus on the playoffs. I'm not saying they're going to win the title (they're not), but they definitely deserve a league top 10 spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball