U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,916,968 times

Advertisements

I know its early but I do not foresee a strong finish by the Celtics. Playing without Paul Pierce is proof, and a glaring hole, that we need another scorer. If we do not pick up another scorer, I see 7th or 8th seed for the playoffs.

Danny Ainge needs to start working deals...

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Rondo has surprisingly picked up the scoring slack in Pierce's absence: 22 ppg on 55% shooting. Pierce will still obviously be needed for the long haul, and while they are still very dangerous, I think their last year as a legit contender was 2010( when they went to the finals). I still think trading away Perkins was beyond bone-headed. He's not a big numbers guy, but he provided some major interior muscle, toughness, post defense. Garnett's offense is mainly relegated to shooting long jumpers now, and Jermaine Oneal...well he's a corpse out there.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Celtics made their mark and now have aged. It's probably about time for a rebuild.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:07 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
It sure looks like the Celtics are on a freefall right now, but it is early and they are not fully healthy. I for one though, will enjoy if they do slide as I really cannot stand KG, Rondo and Pierce (notice I left our Ray, as come on, who couldnt like him and his game?). The celtics put together the rigged super team before it became cool to do so, and it seems they inspired other teams.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
It sure looks like the Celtics are on a freefall right now, but it is early and they are not fully healthy. I for one though, will enjoy if they do slide as I really cannot stand KG, Rondo and Pierce (notice I left our Ray, as come on, who couldnt like him and his game?). The celtics put together the rigged super team before it became cool to do so, and it seems they inspired other teams.
....and they did it with an incredibly lopsided kevin garnett gift trade by McHale.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
....and they did it with an incredibly lopsided kevin garnett gift trade by McHale.
Yeah that was why I not so subtly used the word "rigged"

Frankly, that incident has always bothered me way more than the LBJ to Miami thing.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:59 AM

167 posts, read 233,851 times
The Celdicks are fading quickly. They're a solid 4th seed in my mind.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:11 AM

Ha Ha funny.

You have big ballz coming over to this thread and talking crap. Your Lakers will have a bad year. Kobe is looking old and slow and his moves are obvious. I see an early round exit and a huge applause from the east coast. Here is a huge piece of humble pie. I will love watching the Lakers eat it. Enjoy!

Wait!...I know...you're a life long Clipper fan...Yeah right, homer! Even then, the Clappers will barely pass the Lakers, so there's no hope in Lost Angeles.

Regarding the Celtics. Last night, they did look pretty good, even though it was against Detroit. I will agree with your 4th seed prediction.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 AM

167 posts, read 233,851 times
How do you figure the Lakers will have a bad year?

Kobe himself has said that he hasn't felt this good in years, health-wise.

Our frontcourt is still a mismatch for the league. The supposed best frontcourt in basketball (Knicks) got their asses spanked the other night... and that was without Bynum. What we lost in Odom we gained in McRoberts (6'10") and Murphy (6'11").

Team chemistry is stronger than ever under Mike Brown because the players see how hard he works, which in turn motivates them to play with the same sort of passion and intensity.

And if that weren't enough, we're in the driver's seat when it comes to the Dwight Howard sweepstakes.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 AM

Your joking with the McChicken and Murphy help. C'mon! If so, forfeit the season now.

Kobe is done. He looks old. Teams have caught up to him. Lakers will make it through the season reasonably strong but when the playoffs start, thats it!. Nothing more than the second round, at the most.

If the Lakers want a successful season, Dwight Howard is a must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball