U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,834,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then how can you make this claim if you don't know the specifics?

They actually did introduce some more measures to introduce parity around the league. The CBA can be found on wikipedia and they outline things.

It's really not the leagues fault that the T-wolves are arguably one of the bottom 4-5 run franchises in the league. (McHale....sigh) It's like the Vikings only with a round ball instead.
As I understand, he instroduced some sort of "franchise player" tag or something to that affect, amirite?

Also, did not stop Chris Paul from leaving and still Howard wanting to leave. He even just the other day said he still wants out of Orlando. Stern did nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM

52,097 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
As I understand, he instroduced some sort of "franchise player" tag or something to that affect, amirite?

Also, did not stop Chris Paul from leaving and still Howard wanting to leave. He even just the other day said he still wants out of Orlando. Stern did nothing.
Here is the new CBA roughly, they got stricter about the soft cap plus some other things. The bottom line is you cannot force a player to stay somewhere they are unhappy.

I see your Chris Paul, Lebron etc. and raise you a Kobe, Dirk, Rose, Pierce and so forth.

I really don't know how you can hate on the NBA over this when baseball (hello! The Yankees?!!?!?!) is every bit as bad or worse and even football has A LOT of movement except for the very very best quarterbacks.

NBA salary cap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. I'd mention Hockey but I don't get ESPN 6 so I can't watch it. (Little humor there)

Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,073,614 times
Quote:
We aren't going to just GIVE our all star starter and franchise player away. There are going to be significant players coming our way. And a lot of Love jerseys burned as well. Truly a SHAME there seems to be very little loyalty from these spoiled rich athletes anymore. Makes me sick. Really almost makes me want to turn away from these sports' at times entirely.

At least there is parity in the NHL. At least we can count on that.
Why should kevin love have any loyalty towards the timberwolves? He was drafted there, he didn't choose to player there. Maybe he hates the city maybe he hates the cold. I don't see any moral obligation for love to stay with the wolves.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 AM

Update: Rumor is that the T-wolves are making him an offer but sketchy on whether they are offering him the max.

Basically, seeing as how long it's taking the Twolves obviously have some concerns about offering him the max OR something else is going on?

Hmmmmm.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 AM

21,375 posts, read 21,948,539 times
Wolves are right to wait this one out. Last night he could have suffered a career ending injury against the Rockets. He could get hit by a bus walking over to the arena today to sign his contract. Has that Rooski satelite crashed to earth yet? It's best to wait these things out until the last minute you know.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Wolves are right to wait this one out. Last night he could have suffered a career ending injury against the Rockets. He could get hit by a bus walking over to the arena today to sign his contract. Has that Rooski satelite crashed to earth yet? It's best to wait these things out until the last minute you know.
Well, he is a restricted FA so the T-wolves can wait until the summer after another team makes him an offer and then match it.

The downside for the T-wolves is that waiting that long can alienate both that player as well as other players on the team.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Since Love has received a new deal I expect to see the Wolves to be in the playoffs in this season or next season. I'm tired of hearing about how good a player is and his team is a losing franchise.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Don't know about this year as the West is stacked, but they are a fun team to watch. I believe in Addelman as well.

And Rubio has just been a joy to watch. He is a stud and certainly in the running for ROTY at this point.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:29 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Quote:
Don't know about this year as the West is stacked, but they are a fun team to watch. I believe in Addelman as well.

And Rubio has just been a joy to watch. He is a stud and certainly in the running for ROTY at this point.
Well i'm sure he wasn't given a 4 year deal just so he can continue to average a double-double and his team misses the postseason.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:45 PM

He's fourth in the entire league in scoring. I don't know how much more a guy can do, and he has put up numbers that haven't been seen since Moses Malone, like, 30 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball