U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
He's fourth in the entire league in scoring. I don't know how much more a guy can do, and he has put up numbers that haven't been seen since Moses Malone, like, 30 years ago.
If a guy's numbers are not helping his team win then I'm not impressed at all. Iverson's numbers led to the sixers to the playoffs and the same thing with Lebron in Cleveland. He needs to figure out what else can he do to help the team WIN MORE GAMES and instead of focusing on individual stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 02:05 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,831,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If a guy's numbers are not helping his team win then I'm not impressed at all. Iverson's numbers led to the sixers to the playoffs and the same thing with Lebron in Cleveland. He needs to figure out what else can he do to help the team WIN MORE GAMES and instead of focusing on individual stats.
So, then, you must feel the same way about that POS egomaniac Dwight Howard, amirite? Everybody in the world is on his jock but he doesn't help his team win.

You need more than ONE PIECE to make runs. Show me a team that won it all and didn't have more than just a Jordan.

Love was worth every penny, and it does help that he is Caucasian since Minnesota is 87% white as well. He will put butts in the seats.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
So, then, you must feel the same way about that POS egomaniac Dwight Howard, amirite? Everybody in the world is on his jock but he doesn't help his team win.

You need more than ONE PIECE to make runs. Show me a team that won it all and didn't have more than just a Jordan.

Love was worth every penny, and it does help that he is Caucasian since Minnesota is 87% white as well. He will put butts in the seats.
Poor example, Not only has Dwight led his team to the playoffs numerous times, he also led them to the Finals in 2009. And we also can't read too much into stats because if Love has 27 pts and 13 rebounds did it come during crucial parts of the game? Or did he get those pts during garbage time when the game out of reach? So stats don't always tell the entire story.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:36 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,831,334 times
Quote:
Poor example, Not only has Dwight led his team to the playoffs numerous times, he also led them to the Finals in 2009. And we also can't read too much into stats because if Love has 27 pts and 13 rebounds did it come during crucial parts of the game? Or did he get those pts during garbage time when the game out of reach? So stats don't always tell the entire story.
Seriously...what exactly would you have done then? Let Love split? Really? Do you honestly think he wasn't worth EVERY penny we've given him? Both sides have (to an extent) more or less agreed that this was a win-win for everyone. Never even mind the fact that Love is a class act, unlike players like Paul and Howard and Melo and Queen James who have no respect whatsoever for the organizations that drafted them and the fans that paid their salaries.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Seriously...what exactly would you have done then? Let Love split? Really? Do you honestly think he wasn't worth EVERY penny we've given him? Both sides have (to an extent) more or less agreed that this was a win-win for everyone. Never even mind the fact that Love is a class act, unlike players like Paul and Howard and Melo and Queen James who have no respect whatsoever for the organizations that drafted them and the fans that paid their salaries.
I'm not saying they should let him go but he wanted a 5 year deal and the team has not sniffed the postseason yet. So let's see if he can help lead the team to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons. Hopefully the Wolves can make the playoffs during his 4 year deal

Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 PM

51,993 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Quote:
Since Love has received a new deal I expect to see the Wolves to be in the playoffs in this season or next season. I'm tired of hearing about how good a player is and his team is a losing franchise.
If they were in the east they'd be in for sure....what does that say about Amare and Melo...both max guys or close to it.

MN is 9-10, that's with Love and a rookie PG and some other pieces. I think Love is absolutely worth the money. He needs work on D but then again....Dirk did too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball