U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Team is Best?
Team A 1 10.00%
Team B 1 10.00%
Team C 0 0%
Team D 4 40.00%
Team E 4 40.00%
Team F 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:23 AM

478 posts, read 601,248 times

Advertisements

Well in the orignal thread I had Kyrie Irving as my starting point guard and not Steve Nash, so I guess I could swap out different players.

My new starting 5
C-Joakim Noah
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
SF-Danilo Gallinari
SG-Kobe Bryant
PG-Brandon Jennings

New Bench
Greg Monroe, Kevin Garnett, Anderson Varejao, Kyrie Irving, Joe Johnson, Andre Iguodala, Jason Terry, Steve Nash

Can the OP be edited to indicate this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,274,358 times
i agree with math, but like i said, i think the 2 voters see the name (ie kobe) and say he is the best player ever, there is no way this team can lose!

as for starting line ups, i dont know where some of these came from. i know davy tried to break the teams down by position on the old post i guess thats where the line ups came from. i know my teams starters where not exactly like are listed. that said, if this where a real team, the lineups could change nightly so who the starters are listed as really is irrelevant imo

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,408,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i agree with math, but like i said, i think the 2 voters see the name (ie kobe) and say he is the best player ever, there is no way this team can lose!

as for starting line ups, i dont know where some of these came from. i know davy tried to break the teams down by position on the old post i guess thats where the line ups came from. i know my teams starters where not exactly like are listed. that said, if this where a real team, the lineups could change nightly so who the starters are listed as really is irrelevant imo
I just did it based on the first player you drafted at each position, I can edit it if you want me to

Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I just did it based on the first player you drafted at each position, I can edit it if you want me to
Not on my team, my center was not the 1st center I drafted. No worries, as I said, a lot of emphasis has been put on the starters but I'm looking more at how the pieces can and should work together, and be interchange

Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,915,259 times
I don't think editing is necessary, we can assume that everyone is free to tweak their lineups depending on matchups, as circumstances dictate.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 AM

52,748 posts, read 42,379,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Well in the orignal thread I had Kyrie Irving as my starting point guard and not Steve Nash, so I guess I could swap out different players.

My new starting 5
C-Joakim Noah
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
SF-Danilo Gallinari
SG-Kobe Bryant
PG-Brandon Jennings

New Bench
Greg Monroe, Kevin Garnett, Anderson Varejao, Kyrie Irving, Joe Johnson, Andre Iguodala, Jason Terry, Steve Nash

Can the OP be edited to indicate this?
Cool. I didn't realize that the teams were put up by draft order. My Bad.

That is a tough crew of starters. Your bench is an explosive bunch too.
I think a lot of people forget just how tough Noah is....kinda like a poor-mans Dwight.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:37 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,915,259 times
Well, a bit late on casting my vote but it came down to the following two teams:

Team B

Starters:

C - JaVale McGee
PF - Kevin Love
SF - LeBron James
SG - Manu Ginobli
PG - Deron Williams

Reserves:

BN: Chauncey Billups
BN: Tony Allen
BN: Kawhi Leonard
BN: Gerald Wallace
BN: Grant Hill
BN: Pau Gasol
BN: Tyson Chandler
BN: Serge Ibaka

Coach: Mike Brown

and......

Team F

Starters:

C - Dwight Howard
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
SF - Luol Deng
SG - Stephen Curry
PG - Russell Westbrook

Reserves:

BN: Ricky Rubio
BN: Monta Ellis
BN: Kyle Korver
BN: Danny Granger
BN: Zach Randolph
BN: David Lee
BN: Nene Hilario
BN: Omer Asik

Coach: Tom Thibeodeau

I'm going with Team B. Just looking at the starting lineup, the biggest advantages are at the center position for Team F, Dwight simply has no peer right now but Lebron has a decided advantage for Team B at the SF spot( though Deng is no scrub). Team F's bench has an offensive advantage, but not enough to negate Team B's defensive advantage. All of these teams can score, so there is a premium on defense. Not saying Team F is weak defensively, particularly with Howard in the middle,Deng, Asik but B has Mcgee, James,Allen,Wallace, Hill,Chandler,Ibaka defensively. And, in this situation of advantages one way or the other, having the best player on the floor is a coup. Team B has Lebron James.

A few other thoughts:

Team A: Young, athletic, explosive, not very good defensively compared to other squads. Inexperience and defense are this team's Achilles heel, and the other teams will exploit both.

Team C: Not a bad team, persay. LOTS of offensive firepower in the starting lineup. I don't like the pairing of Rose and Wade. I think that's a bit redundant as Rose is more or less Wade 2.0 without the defense. Who will play off the ball? Is either capable of really doing it? We know from watching the Heat that it's not Wade's forte. I suspect it's not Rose's either. Bench is pretty solid.

Team D: I feel this is a well-balanced team on both offense and defense. Starting lineup is clearly defined with a pass first point guard( Rondo), an alpha perimeter scorer in Durant, Ray Allen keeping the defense honest from behind the arc, and I think Bynum and Bosh play off each other as Bynum provides a more classic low post bigman's game, while Bosh is more comfortable popping jumpers and using his mobility( compared to many other PFs) to drive. Bench is solid defensively with Duncan( albeit aging), Perkins, Marion, Sefolosha, veteran point guard play with Parker and Miller, and plenty of playoff and championship experience.

Team E: This is an interestingly crafted team. The point guard spot is going to be exploited on defense by more or less everyone's point guard, which will place pressure on Monroe to cover any mistakes. Or you can slide Kobe over, but risk sacrificing some of his offense. The bench I think could have used one less guard, and one more SF-type player. Pretty solid overall.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM

dead

at least we got a bit more talk then last time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or