U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
If they don't win it this year, that would be a bust.

Seriously, if they can't do it this year, it absolutely is a bust.

Sorry guy, but if they don't win it this year, it will be a complete failure.
Is the NBA ending after this season? Lol....the Heat still have plenty of team to win titles. I don't know why they're a failure if they don't win THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR. They were poised to win last year, with what was a flawed roster, chemistry concerns, injuries to key players( Miller, Haslem), no offense to speak of, and with all that the only reason they didn't win was because Lebron left his game in the Eastern Conference Finals. If the Lebron James from the Chicago series bothered to show up against Dallas, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times
I think the heat prove that just talent alone doesn't guarantee a title.

It takes talent + coaching + interchangable parts (bench), chemistry and a will to win. The heat kind of remind me of teams from the 90's that tried to pile on talent, and they expected titles....i.e. the Lakers getting gary payton and karl malone in 03. That was a mega line up...malone, payton, shaq, kobe? How could you not win a title?

Or the suns. They've had some great players.

Titles arent guaranteed to anybody....ask patrick ewing, malone, barkley. Lebron has gotten so much media hype, he almost has to guarantee 6 or 8 titles, otherwise its a failure.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:32 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post

It takes talent + coaching + interchangable parts (bench), chemistry and a will to win. The heat kind of remind me of teams from the 90's that tried to pile on talent, and they expected titles....i.e. the Lakers getting gary payton and karl malone. That was a mega line up...malone, payton, shaq, kobe? How could you not win a title?

Titles arent guaranteed to anybody....ask patrick ewing, malone, barkley. Lebron has gotten so much media hype, he almost has to guarantee 6 or 8 titles, otherwise its a failure.
The laker team your referencing was not in the 90s

Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post

It takes talent + coaching + interchangable parts (bench), chemistry and a will to win. The heat kind of remind me of teams from the 90's that tried to pile on talent, and they expected titles....i.e. the Lakers getting gary payton and karl malone in 03. That was a mega line up...malone, payton, shaq, kobe? How could you not win a title?

Or the suns. They've had some great players.

6-8 titles is crack talk and smack talk.

The Lakers team you are referencing had Payton wayyy passt his prime, Malone well past his prime too.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,823,840 times
i'm not a miami fan, but if you really think about it, celtics are done already, and the lakers might have a couple more year while kobe is still hanging on to his youth. after that, there is no other team that is capable of winning a champsionship, miami will shine after kobe hits 35.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
i'm not a miami fan, but if you really think about it, celtics are done already, and the lakers might have a couple more year while kobe is still hanging on to his youth. after that, there is no other team that is capable of winning a champsionship, miami will shine after kobe hits 35.
OKC and the Bulls are both very very capable.

The Bulls with an inexperienced team pushed Miami pretty hard last year and are just getting better.

Heat vs. Bulls tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Living in South Florida, and getting to watch most of the heat games, it does look at times there is not enough ball movement---too much solo activity.

Do you think the Heat will eventually figure this out, or will the best move maybe to move a Wade for a stronger post presence or solid point guard?
The Heat are a LOCK for the finals this season because they have a GOOD BENCH

Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The Bulls with an inexperienced team pushed Miami pretty hard last year and are just getting better.

Heat vs. Bulls tomorrow.

Not anymore, the bulls are without DENG.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:41 PM

3,061 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
No way man. Their bench is not as strong as other teams, and they absolutely do not have "one of the best scoring centers in the leauge," though I am guessing you are saying Bosh is a center, and he starts @ the 4 not the 5.

I guess "loaded with talent" is relative, but I can think of a ton of teams in recent memory that have had a better overall roster. I agree that I can't remember a time where the level of LBJ and Wade played together in their primes like they are, but that would be where the "unprecendented" stuff ends.

Compared to other teams. Their loaded. Look at the lakers. They don't look impressive at all. An aging Kobe trying to prove he's still the best player is going to age him even more going into the playoffs. Boston's not the same team. The Bulls are missing some pieces. Oklahoma city hasn't made any real improvements. San Antonio is too old. And Dallas wiped away their championship caliber team. So tell me, who the heck can beat the Heat????

That's why I said if they can't win "this" year it is a bust..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball