Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times

Advertisements

Living in South Florida, and getting to watch most of the heat games, it does look at times there is not enough ball movement---too much solo activity.

Do you think the Heat will eventually figure this out, or will the best move maybe to move a Wade for a stronger post presence or solid point guard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Honestly if they don't win a title this year with all that talent, there is something very wrong..

Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Wade has played in MIA his whole career, convinced LBJ to come play with him, and people are suggesting MIA will trade Wade? I don't think so. They will give this at least 2-3 more years, even if they don't win it all this year.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:00 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
The reality is, Wade already has his title. The pressure isn't on him to win another one, as it is on Lebron to live up to winning 8 titles and making it look easy in the process as he boasted. Not winning a ring hurts Lebron's all-time ranking way more than it hurts Wade.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Talk about unreasonable expectations.

They've played 1 season together and made the NBA Finals. OH THE HORROR!
This year despite injuries they are still going to be the #1 or #2 seed in the east and are on par with the top teams.

It takes time to gel and learn to play together, it's not because they have too much talent or like the color blue or whatever....it just takes time for guys to learn to fit and play with each other.

What's scary is that the Heat are still improving in terms of team cohesion....while the Bulls are still improving due to their youthfulness. Which one will improve more? Which one will platuea?

Anyone with a problem with the Heat and talk about making major personnel changes has the patience of a fruit fly.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I fully expect the Heat to win a title in the next 4 years or so. The ONLY big threat I see to them is if the Bulls manage to land Howard or something along those lines. That's not to say that they will win it every year, I think the Bulls will knock em off here and there anyway.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Talk about unreasonable expectations.

They've played 1 season together and made the NBA Finals. OH THE HORROR!
This year despite injuries they are still going to be the #1 or #2 seed in the east and are on par with the top teams.

It takes time to gel and learn to play together, it's not because they have too much talent or like the color blue or whatever....it just takes time for guys to learn to fit and play with each other.

What's scary is that the Heat are still improving in terms of team cohesion....while the Bulls are still improving due to their youthfulness. Which one will improve more? Which one will platuea?

Anyone with a problem with the Heat and talk about making major personnel changes has the patience of a fruit fly.

It's not unreasonable at all when you consider all their talent. They are loaded at every position even bench players are flat out scorers. If they don't win it this year, that would be a bust. I can't remember a team this loaded with talent in all my life. I am nearing forty. Seriously, if they can't do it this year, it absolutely is a bust.

You got two of the top five players in the league (wade and Lebron). You got one of the best scoring centers in the league. Who looks much improved. You have sharp shooters from every angle and a bench that could be a team within itself. Sorry guy, but if they don't win it this year, it will be a complete failure.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
It's not unreasonable at all when you consider all their talent. They are loaded at every position even bench players are flat out scorers. If they don't win it this year, that would be a bust. I can't remember a team this loaded with talent in all my life. I am nearing forty. Seriously, if they can't do it this year, it absolutely is a bust.

You got two of the top five players in the league (wade and Lebron). You got one of the best scoring centers in the league. Who looks much improved. You have sharp shooters from every angle and a bench that could be a team within itself. Sorry guy, but if they don't win it this year, it will be a complete failure.
No way man. Their bench is not as strong as other teams, and they absolutely do not have "one of the best scoring centers in the leauge," though I am guessing you are saying Bosh is a center, and he starts @ the 4 not the 5.

I guess "loaded with talent" is relative, but I can think of a ton of teams in recent memory that have had a better overall roster. I agree that I can't remember a time where the level of LBJ and Wade played together in their primes like they are, but that would be where the "unprecendented" stuff ends.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM

I think the fans down here are impatient and expectations for the heat are extremely high.

There is a lot of pressure for them to win, and the bar unfortuanatly was set by them during their days of europhia after signing lebron-----his guarntees of four, no five, no six championships during their celebratory days together after the signing.

I am not an alarmist----if they dont win this year, it will indeed be a disappointment for the fans down here. I think a lot of them are jumping on the show me bandwagon------they will believe Lebron can produce a title when they see one.

I will say this for him----hes changed his game a little this year----hes not firing up the threes from all over----hes going to the basket more and drawing a lot of fouls.

When the playoffs come around he has to step up----he hasnt the last three or four years, and the fans here are worried about that pattern.

If they dont win it this year, I do think some changes will be made----it doesnt pay to speculate now, but you can feel the heat on the Heat down here----Im sure Riley and Mickey Aronson expect the big prize.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM

I do agree with Orangeish-----the heat roster is not that imposing.

There isnt much in the middle with Anthony-----the point guard play has been very spotty----and the bench with the exception of Haslem has been a disappointment. If Mike Miller comes back firing and Shane Battier steps it up things will look a little better.

Which begs the question---do you really need three superstars on a team to win it all----or can you win with two stars, decent post play, an effective point guard, and a semblance of a bench with some team chemstry.

I think Dallas proved last year that you dont need three supers to win----they had chemistry, solid coaching, and great interchangeable parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball