U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,905,335 times

Advertisements

Damn.....Durant is the first player to score 50pts(19/28) this season...wow! Very efficient, but shockingly, Westbrook scored 40pts(16/29) also...wow!...also, Ibaka gets a triple double(14pts,15reb,11blks)....what a game! Durant and Lebron are neck and neck for the MVP i think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Damn.....Durant is the first player to score 50pts(19/28) this season...wow! Very efficient, but shockingly, Westbrook scored 40pts(16/29) also...wow!...also, Ibaka gets a triple double(14pts,15reb,11blks)....what a game! Durant and Lebron are neck and neck for the MVP i think.
Won't be Lebron because....

1) A lot of voters are still pissed at him over leaving Cleveland the way he did.
2) They like to spread the vote around
3) There is *some* east vs west rivalry and Rose will split Lebrons votes.

just my opinion.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 AM

478 posts, read 596,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Won't be Lebron because....

1) A lot of voters are still pissed at him over leaving Cleveland the way he did.
2) They like to spread the vote around
3) There is *some* east vs west rivalry and Rose will split Lebrons votes.

just my opinion.
Rose has missed too many games for him to be considered much for mvp, and the Bulls have played just as good when Rose hasn't played, as shocking as that is to say. Right now, I'm still keeping Lebron as my mvp pick. The Heat have the best record in the league as I write this post, and Lebron is still shooting almost 55% from the field. The Heat also played well when D-Wade was injured, and Lebron's game only became better. Now Wade is back, and their chemistry as a team seems to be the best since the big three have played together. Don't get me wrong, I think Durant is having a great year, and that 51 point game last night was amazing. If anybody besides Lebron wins, it'll be Durant.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Rose has missed too many games for him to be considered much for mvp, and the Bulls have played just as good when Rose hasn't played, as shocking as that is to say. Right now, I'm still keeping Lebron as my mvp pick. The Heat have the best record in the league as I write this post, and Lebron is still shooting almost 55% from the field. The Heat also played well when D-Wade was injured, and Lebron's game only became better. Now Wade is back, and their chemistry as a team seems to be the best since the big three have played together. Don't get me wrong, I think Durant is having a great year, and that 51 point game last night was amazing. If anybody besides Lebron wins, it'll be Durant.
Perhaps. I think that it will (assuming nothing major occurs) be close enough that there will be those still upset with Lebron and since he has won 2 already.... Will be an interesting vote.

2010-11 NBA Awards Voting | Basketball-Reference.com

Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 AM

*bump* I still pick Durant to win it all even though they aren't finishing with the best record.

Lebron will get a lot of consideration but I think his previous wins and lingering ill-will over "the decision" will keep him in 2nd place.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,204,001 times
Definitely deserves it!!! He took a Seattle/Oklahoma City franchise from ordinary to contender!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 AM

12,215 posts, read 10,445,882 times
Lebron is probably most worthy, since he was holding the team together with Wade & Bosh out, but these things come down to who sportswriters like the best, so it will likely be Durant. Not to say KD isn't a worthy MVP (he certainly is), but if MVP awards were based solely on talent and player value to an organization, Kobe Bryant would've won three by now.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,886,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*bump* I still pick Durant to win it all even though they aren't finishing with the best record.

Lebron will get a lot of consideration but I think his previous wins and lingering ill-will over "the decision" will keep him in 2nd place.
You have to wonder if Durant coming up small against the Lakers on Sunday will work against him. He folded like an accordion when things got really hot. I don't think 'the decision' will work against Lebron here, in fact I don't see why any of the voters should have that anywhere in their heads. Vote on performance, and results.

If anything, I think Durant will win it just because the voters want to spread the award around a bit first before going back to Lebron.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,211,960 times
most "pundits?" have lebron winning the MVP this year as of the last week or so anyway.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
most "pundits?" have lebron winning the MVP this year as of the last week or so anyway.
Yep, that's the buzz. I will stick with Durant.

The Bulls had a ton of injuries too though and the Heat still finished #2. Place of finish at the end of the regular season is HUGELY related to winning MVP. (See my analysis early in the thread).

I guess we will find out just how much bad blood remains, sports writers are notoriously fickle, biased and hold grudges. There is also regional vote splitting and so on and so forth....it's not always *fair*.

My personal opinion in the matter is not why I'm picking Durant, it's based upon analysis of past voting patterns.

Remember, these are the same dorks that gave at least one of Kobe's MVP's to Nash.

P.S. It may come down to the last few games to see if the Heat or OKC ends up with the 3rd best record in the NBA. I expect a close vote, that may make the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball