U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to see how close the voting was.

Apparantly the voters aren't holding a grudge against Lebron and he was spectacular in the regular season.
Might also be some east-west vote splitting going on and durant and kobe etc. carved up the pie too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM
FBJ

39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm curious to see how close the voting was.

Apparantly the voters aren't holding a grudge against Lebron and he was spectacular in the regular season.
Might also be some east-west vote splitting going on and durant and kobe etc. carved up the pie too much.
Lebron had a total of 85 1st place votes and Durant had 24

Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 AM

12,977 posts, read 29,635,027 times
I think Durant was robbed. James should not have been MVP. Bryant should not have even been in the discussion and definitely not even the top 15 candidates for MVP.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:42 PM
FBJ

39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think Durant was robbed. James should not have been MVP. Bryant should not have even been in the discussion and definitely not even the top 15 candidates for MVP.
He wasn't robbed, Durant didn't get the MVP because the Thunder lost the number 1 spot in the west to the spurs

Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,050,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

No way Durant deserved the MVP. If he did win it, the award would have lost almost any credibility it had. Lebron was a dominant scorer, defender, a very good rebounder and passer. Durant contributed almost nothing to the last 3. James also shot 54 percent to Durant's 47. James season was one of the best of all time. He won the MVP by a landslide as he should have.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Lebron was a dominant scorer, defender, a very good rebounder and passer. Durant contributed almost nothing to the last 3
Just for the record, Durant averaged 8.0 rebounds, to Lebron's 7.9.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,050,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Just for the record, Durant averaged 8.0 rebounds, to Lebron's 7.9.
I stand corrected about that last point(important). However the rest of my posts stands. I think Lebron as an MVP was a easy choice.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I stand corrected about that last point(important). However the rest of my posts stands. I think Lebron as an MVP was a easy choice.
No-one will argue that Lebron isn't a superior passer and defender. I thought it important to raise the point that Durant is actually a very good rebounder. Passing isn't his forte, however he is improving as a defender( though obviously not in Lebron's league).

Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
I don't think Durant was robbed...

I do think it is interesting that both Lebron and Durant play with another superstar. The point being they both manage the situation well and are still abel to separate themselves as the superior talents in the league.

My expectation is that Durant and Lebron will battle each other for not only MVP's over the next 3-5 years but also NBA Championships. I could see this year being the start of a big time Thunder vs Heat rivalry parallel to the Bird vs Magic, Celics vs Lakers monumental rivalry of the 80's.

Or maybe I'm just rooting for that to unfold as a backdrop for the NBA to ascend...

Old 05-16-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

My expectation is that Durant and Lebron will battle each other for not only MVP's over the next 3-5 years but also NBA Championships. I could see this year being the start of a big time Thunder vs Heat rivalry parallel to the Bird vs Magic, Celics vs Lakers monumental rivalry of the 80's.
The best thing about this is they both play the same position. Even Magic and Bird didn't match-up against each other except on a defensive switch, but with Durant and James both playing SF we should be in for some nice mano-a-mano matchups in the coming seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball