U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just found out derrick rose has to miss a week because of BACK SPASMS which means they will be some losses coming up
Earlier you said Deng was out months, which was wrong, now this?

Here is a quote from Derrick after yesterday:

Quote:
"For right now, I'll be playing next game. It's nothing like I'm going to be sitting out. I always want to think positive and just try and keep things going that way."
Can you link where you see he will miss a week? I think he might sit one of the next two, but Id like to know where do you get your info.

As far as losses, the only two games in the next five days for the Bulls are vs the Hornets and the Bobcats, maybe the two worst teams in the league, so I don't see the Bulls losing either of those two with or without Derrick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2012, 06:27 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Earlier you said Deng was out months, which was wrong, now this?

Here is a quote from Derrick after yesterday:

Can you link where you see he will miss a week? I think he might sit one of the next two, but Id like to know where do you get your info.

As far as losses, the only two games in the next five days for the Bulls are vs the Hornets and the Bobcats, maybe the two worst teams in the league, so I don't see the Bulls losing either of those two with or without Derrick.
i get all my sports news from espn and that's where i heard the info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2012, 06:33 PM
 
Location: DMV
10,136 posts, read 11,640,377 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Flip Saunders is a failure so not why sure he was hired in the first place. And i guess i found out why the wizards are so bad........They can't shoot"
Flip is very overrated as a coach. He got credit for developing Garnett but really it was Kevin McHale who developed him. Then he got credit for the Detroit team even though they went to the Finals two years prior to him coming and they regressed in the postseason once he came.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
i get all my sports news from espn and that's where i heard the info
He is playing tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
 
51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
And the 76'ers can't even win at home tonight.....gonna be a bloodbath when they have to go on the road eventually. LOL.

Fortunately, being good is enough to win the atlantic before you get buzz-sawed by the heat or bulls. Bwah ha ha ha. I was being kind to Philly's surge above mediocrity before but since TV&SG has been trolling I'm gonna grind them all the way to their demise....especially as they *choke* down the stretch with road games but still limp into the 3rd seed with the 4-5th best record. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And the 76'ers can't even win at home tonight.....gonna be a bloodbath when they have to go on the road eventually. LOL.

Fortunately, being good is enough to win the atlantic before you get buzz-sawed by the heat or bulls. Bwah ha ha ha. I was being kind to Philly's surge above mediocrity before but since TV&SG has been trolling I'm gonna grind them all the way to their demise....especially as they *choke* down the stretch with road games but still limp into the 3rd seed with the 4-5th best record. LOL.
Just getting back home from the Sixers Game tonight and I was surprised the Spurs won. I figured the Sixers would win with ease but I noticed the Spurs were really good in their half court offense which means the Sixers didn't have many fast break opportunities. The Spurs forced the Sixers to beat them in a half court offense and they couldn't do it.

The Spurs didn't miss a lot of shots tonight in their half court offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
He is playing tonight.
So basically ESPN give inaccurate information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So basically ESPN give inaccurate information
They never said it as far as I can tell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
They never said it as far as I can tell
I was watching PTI and they showed Rose headed to the locker room with back spasms and then it was mentioned he may sit out a week since they are not playing any good teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2012, 07:27 AM
 
51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Reputation: 32364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just getting back home from the Sixers Game tonight and I was surprised the Spurs won. I figured the Sixers would win with ease but I noticed the Spurs were really good in their half court offense which means the Sixers didn't have many fast break opportunities. The Spurs forced the Sixers to beat them in a half court offense and they couldn't do it.

The Spurs didn't miss a lot of shots tonight in their half court offense.
....and the Heat lose too. Bulls starting to pad their lead in the east and they've already played 18 road games so far this season.

MVP is going to come down to Rose and Durant at this rate...with Durant the likely winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top