U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,899,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's why Melo coming back is a GOOD THING not a BAD THING
Melo will be in the mix for passes. Jeremy really has good court vision.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 10:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,376,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Melo will be in the mix for passes. Jeremy really has good court vision.

ESPN is just digging for stats now.

"Lin has the most assists of any NBA player who started 6 games which is 9.1 a game"

LOL

Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,208,317 times
here is a stat, jeremy lin is not in the top 50 in assists to turnovers ratio. while he has put up some decent numbers over the last 6 games, he has put up some bad ones too. in the 7 games since h e"blew up he is averaging almost 6 turnovers per game, to 9 assists per game. thats about .67 turnovers for every 1 assist. thats TERRIBLE.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
here is a stat, jeremy lin is not in the top 50 in assists to turnovers ratio. while he has put up some decent numbers over the last 6 games, he has put up some bad ones too. in the 7 games since h e"blew up he is averaging almost 6 turnovers per game, to 9 assists per game. thats about .67 turnovers for every 1 assist. thats TERRIBLE.
We already know that, tell us something we don't know

Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,033,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Yea its not like we've heard anybody say that Give me a break
How many pro athletes have made public statements to that effect? Please name them.

The jist that you so conveniently overlooked is that we have a double standard. Now some jaded NBA player, Andre Iguodala, has also jumped on the race card while dismissing Lin's contributions and performance.

No one is touting Lin as the second coming of Michael Jordan. Knicks fans are just excited and he's managed to breath some life into the team and fans alike. Let them have their moment.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
How many pro athletes have made public statements to that effect? Please name them.

The jist that you so conveniently overlooked is that we have a double standard. Now some jaded NBA player, Andre Iguodala, has also jumped on the race card while dismissing Lin's contributions and performance.

No one is touting Lin as the second coming of Michael Jordan. Knicks fans are just excited and he's managed to breath some life into the team and fans alike. Let them have their moment.
what did iggy say?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,899,895 times
Quote:
Give him another year or two and i think he will cut down on that. This is his only 7th start. I don't doubt he will be working with Nash this offseason to improve if Mike DAntoni is still the coach of the Knicks. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Mike asks Nash to work with Lin.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Give him another year or two and i think he will cut down on that. This is his only 7th start. I don't doubt he will be working with Nash this offseason to improve if Mike DAntoni is still the coach of the Knicks. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Mike asks Nash to work with Lin.
I'm not sold on the hype of this kid. I don't think he lasts the season starting if Davis ever gets healthy.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I'm not sold on the hype of this kid. I don't think he lasts the season starting if Davis ever gets healthy.
stop being a hater and give credit when credit is due.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM

oh i give him credit for 7 decent games. but beyond that, he is under a stat stuffing coach who has never done anything but have some decent regular seasons and a couple ok playoff runs. when he can do it night in and night out for a full season or 5 then i will give him more credit, until then he is filed under flavor of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball