U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Man. . .who is this kid, and where in the f_ck did he come from?

I'm not a big basketball fan. However, given that I live in L.A. and that my GF is a diehard Laker fan, I have no choice but to watch Laker games. I was mesmerized as I watched Jeremy Lin outplay and run circles around seasoned veterans.

Jeremy Lin is impressive. It was truly refreshing to watch his moves and game. If this is the new face of the NBA, then I will definitely be watching more pro-basketball games.

I can see him receiving some major $$$ offers from either the Clippers or the Lakers. He will be a great asset and a perfect fit to the L.A. teams. And given the way things are starting to stack up, I can see him going to the Clippers.
That spin move on the break last night was SICK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 PM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,059,476 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

3. Going around other basketball boards, I'm seeing Nash comparisons. Obviously not on the level of Nash as a playmaker, but there are some similarities in terms of dribbling style, shooting mechanics, speed, height and how they play the pick and roll. Lin plays what I would call at a deliberate pace, not super quick, but he's rarely out of control, is excellent at maintaining his dribble, and has a good ability to change pace and direction.
I don't get the Nash comparisons. I think Tony Parker is a much more similar player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I don't get the Nash comparisons. I think Tony Parker is a much more similar player.
Yeah because nash was more of a distributor and parker is more of a slasher to the hoop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Reputation: 32404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I don't get the Nash comparisons. I think Tony Parker is a much more similar player.
Tony Parker was also a 2nd round (meaning ho-hum) draft pick if I recall.

The league and even the HOF is full of guys that were overlooked until they got break. It's not because they are asian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Reputation: 32404
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Man. . .who is this kid, and where in the f_ck did he come from?

I'm not a big basketball fan. However, given that I live in L.A. and that my GF is a diehard Laker fan, I have no choice but to watch Laker games. I was mesmerized as I watched Jeremy Lin outplay and run circles around seasoned veterans.

Jeremy Lin is impressive. It was truly refreshing to watch his moves and game. If this is the new face of the NBA, then I will definitely be watching more pro-basketball games.

I can see him receiving some major $$$ offers from either the Clippers or the Lakers. He will be a great asset and a perfect fit to the L.A. teams. And given the way things are starting to stack up, I can see him going to the Clippers.
Chris Paul is already on the clippers....but you can bet your A$$ the Lakers, their 3 good players and their bench with the depth and quality of a puddle of poo leaking out of a port-a-potty.....would LOVE to get Lin (along with many others).

Lin is in a fascinating position seeing as how he is essentially a completely free agent? I think the Knicks contract with him may not even run the full year. I don't know, just that guys like him often get 30 or 60 day contracts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 AM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,059,476 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Chris Paul is already on the clippers....but you can bet your A$$ the Lakers, their 3 good players and their bench with the depth and quality of a puddle of poo leaking out of a port-a-potty.....would LOVE to get Lin (along with many others).

Lin is in a fascinating position seeing as how he is essentially a completely free agent? I think the Knicks contract with him may not even run the full year. I don't know, just that guys like him often get 30 or 60 day contracts.
Not really a free agent. The Knicks can guarantee his salary(800k for the year) and I would think they would. He would be a restricted FA next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,059,476 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah because nash was more of a distributor and parker is more of a slasher to the hoop.
Nash however is a vastly superior shooter to Lin. It's true Lin is a better passer but I think Parker is the better comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I don't get the Nash comparisons. I think Tony Parker is a much more similar player.
Don't see that one, personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Nash however is a vastly superior shooter to Lin. It's true Lin is a better passer but I think Parker is the better comparison.
The comparison isn't based on Lin being anywhere near Nash as a shooter. As I pointed out earlier, shooting mechanics( as in shooting form, not shooting accuracy), dribbling, speed, and how they pick their spots playing the pick and roll, I do see some resemblances. I don't see the Parker comparison myself, hell even Magic Johnson said he sees similarities to Nash and Stockton, and who's more of an authority on Point Guard play than him??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
bad news for the knicks is carmello is returning soon lol
Hahaha! As someone else said, what happens when thing 1 and 2 both get back? Hopefully, they will get in line and let Lin run things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top