U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,266,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
He certainly was. But like you said, the fatigue factor probably contributed. That was his first week of playing more than 5 min/game, every game. Fortunately he didn't fare too terribly against Rubio (they had the same FG%).
It is a tough year for a rookie to break in with the compressed schedule. Normally they say the rookies tend to hit the wall around 2/3rds thru the season. It's gonna be that much worse this year. Any athlete needs a recovery phase, and they are not getting much of one with this schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Default Kudos to Jeremy Lin

I am excited to see Jeremy Lin excel in the NBA, and wish there were more like him. Aside from Kobe, Lin is my favorite player.

I think it is all the more impressive that he is of Chinese heritage. Clean-cut, educated, exceptional work-ethic, talented, and someone who overcame a great deal of adversity to get here, Lin is perfect. I wish the NBA was full of Jeremy Lins.

More Jeremy Lin, less LeBron James.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I haven't seen him in that many games, but I didn't see any similarities to either Nash or Stockton. I think his shooting mechanics are more like Stockton's (shoots more from his shoulder).

Stockton takes over Game 4 of the '97 Finals - YouTube
I've only seen the game against LA, so admittedly it's a small sample. I don't see the Tony Parker comparisons myself. Honestly I'd have to see him more ( and hopefully will be in peron this Friday ), but it is interesting that Magic Johnson of all people used the Nash/ Stockton comparison. Guess we're all seeing different things.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I am excited to see Jeremy Lin excel in the NBA, and wish there were more like him. Aside from Kobe, Lin is my favorite player.

I think it is all the more impressive that he is of Chinese heritage. Clean-cut, educated, exceptional work-ethic, talented, and someone who overcame a great deal of adversity to get here, Lin is perfect. I wish the NBA was full of Jeremy Lins.

More Jeremy Lin, less LeBron James.
floyd motormouth mayweather disagrees. he says its all hype because he is asian and that black people do what he does on a nightly bases and he thinks people should shut up about lin.

while im already tired of the jeremy "flavor" lin myself, i think motormouth is an idiot and he is showing it once again. he apparently doesnt like people of asian descent. he had a lot of choice words for mannys race as well.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:20 AM

51,897 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
floyd motormouth mayweather disagrees. he says its all hype because he is asian and that black people do what he does on a nightly bases and he thinks people should shut up about lin.

while im already tired of the jeremy "flavor" lin myself, i think motormouth is an idiot and he is showing it once again. he apparently doesnt like people of asian descent. he had a lot of choice words for mannys race as well.
Pro-sports are full of idiots.

The NBA in particular has had a lot of bigotry issues over the last 10+ years and Stern has been cracking down with a vengence. Granted most of the bigotry has been of the anti-gay variety.

P.S. If Mayweather told me he was going to count to 3 before beating me up, I'd relax because I figure I would have about a days head start.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,323,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It is a tough year for a rookie to break in with the compressed schedule. Normally they say the rookies tend to hit the wall around 2/3rds thru the season. It's gonna be that much worse this year. Any athlete needs a recovery phase, and they are not getting much of one with this schedule.
Very true. Even though Lin is not technically a rookie, this is his first time getting significant minutes and you're right, the schedule is brutal. You have players getting injured left and right, because the higher powers want a 66-game season. *shakes head*
Am looking forward to the return of Amar'e today

Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,977,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I am as impressed by the hype over Jeremy Lin as anybody. Great finisher, along the lines of a D Rose or D Wade, and maybe even a better passer than either of those two.

But watch this video of a Lin dunk that was featured on youtube today. The lack of D is just absurd. Why do the defenders just stand and watch? It's like their feet are suddenly stuck in fast-drying cement.

I always gotta wonder about the NBA--to what is it staged like pro wrestling? Just several weeks ago there were some news items about how popular the NBA has become in China, and of course China is already a huge entertainment market that will only grow in the next 20 years. Now all of the sudden, we get a successful player of Chinese ancestry out of nowhere.

Being in the Seattle area, I suppose I will always be naturally suspicious of the league as long as Stern is there. What do you think? Am I treading into tinfoil hat territory, or am I onto something?

Jeremy Lin crosses over John Wall, dunks on Wizards - YouTube
I doubt there is a conspiracy but I will admit, I remember the day the knicks won the lottery with Ewing, I was thinking it had to be rigged as the NBA needed new york to have a star and get into contention.

There is just something about David Stern. I can't put my finger on it. He seems sneaky, a weasel or something.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,053,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I doubt there is a conspiracy but I will admit, I remember the day the knicks won the lottery with Ewing, I was thinking it had to be rigged as the NBA needed new york to have a star and get into contention.

There is just something about David Stern. I can't put my finger on it. He seems sneaky, a weasel or something.
In the game fixing scandel, Stern has been accused of being involved.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
In the game fixing scandel, Stern has been accused of being involved.
By whom?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Yeah, and big market New York and until recently the Bulls have been troubled franchises for 15 years. The Knicks have been one of the worst franchises in the past 15 or so years and have had little luck in the draft.

I mean Lebron to Cleveland? When he could have been routed to any number of other towns.

Heck, the hottest team in the NBA and quite possible WC champ is in OKC of all places lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball