U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,006,634 times
Reputation: 2222

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pro-sports are full of idiots.

The NBA in particular has had a lot of bigotry issues over the last 10+ years and Stern has been cracking down with a vengence. Granted most of the bigotry has been of the anti-gay variety.

P.S. If Mayweather told me he was going to count to 3 before beating me up, I'd relax because I figure I would have about a days head start.
So now we all hate on Mayweather because of his comment?

I can't say I disagree with Mayweather but he should not have said what he did.

Uh no. You would be down on the ground after he counts 1. Defend yourself at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
So now we all hate on Mayweather because of his comment?

I can't say I disagree with Mayweather but he should not have said what he did.

Uh no. You would be down on the ground after he counts 1. Defend yourself at all times.
hate on motormouth because he is a big flapping bag of vinegar and water mix. its not this comment, its every comment, its his attitude, its the fact he beats chics, its the ridiculous racist rants he has posted up on youtube, and the comments he makes all the time about all sorts of people. this is just one in a long list.

pretty much motormouth is an idiot, even with his comments about lin. im not on the lin band wagon but his asian race is only a small part of it. i mean motormouth says black players do the same thing all the time, well when/who was the last undrafted black player to out play kobe, AND to blow up s rookie of the year/#1 draft pick? lin is the 1st player in something like 30years or so to score more then 20 through his 1st 5 starts of his career. so once again it has little to nothing to do with his race and more to do with his freak blowup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
 
52,028 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
So now we all hate on Mayweather because of his comment?

I can't say I disagree with Mayweather but he should not have said what he did.

Uh no. You would be down on the ground after he counts 1. Defend yourself at all times.
I don't hate mayweather, I just think he's an idiot.

And no, it's not just because lin is Asian....he is a D-league player that got a chance to play and made the most of it. I mean seriously....a SCRUB...has 4-5 20+ point games for a bigtime franchise that had been struggling. This story is HUGE and helped greatly by him crediting his teamates and so forth.

Lastly, mayweathers comments are racist. I get sick and tired of people like him making comments disparaging other races, gays etc. and then playing it off that it's *ok* for them to make statements like that because their race gives them a free pass....hence why he is an idiot.

P.S. You are right mayweather would knock me out after 1, he probably get's frustrated after that number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,006,634 times
Reputation: 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
hate on motormouth because he is a big flapping bag of vinegar and water mix. its not this comment, its every comment, its his attitude, its the fact he beats chics, its the ridiculous racist rants he has posted up on youtube, and the comments he makes all the time about all sorts of people. this is just one in a long list.

pretty much motormouth is an idiot, even with his comments about lin. im not on the lin band wagon but his asian race is only a small part of it. i mean motormouth says black players do the same thing all the time, well when/who was the last undrafted black player to out play kobe, AND to blow up s rookie of the year/#1 draft pick? lin is the 1st player in something like 30years or so to score more then 20 through his 1st 5 starts of his career. so once again it has little to nothing to do with his race and more to do with his freak blowup.
Stone Cold Steve Austin also beat up his girlfriend yet many people like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,326,617 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
So now we all hate on Mayweather because of his comment?

I can't say I disagree with Mayweather but he should not have said what he did.

Uh no. You would be down on the ground after he counts 1. Defend yourself at all times.
So we shouldn't hate those who make racist comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Stone Cold Steve Austin also beat up his girlfriend yet many people like him.
lol, and yet everyone knows steve austins "tough guy" act is just that, an act. motormouths "act isnt an act at all that is him daily, in his life he is that big prick.

and on the other side, not everyone hates motormouth, but a lot of us do, and a lot of us believe he brings that on himself daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Mayweather is certified idiot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,006,634 times
Reputation: 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Mayweather is certified idiot
A bit cocky, yes. An idiot, no. I don't see how anyone undefeated in boxing is an idiot no matter how much you hate him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,006,634 times
Reputation: 2222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So we shouldn't hate those who make racist comments?
They weren't "racist". The comments made to Manny from Mayweather were racist.

I actually agree with what Mayweather said but he should have worded it better.

Yes, race is a big reason why they are blowing up Lin so much.

Asians are not expected to play basketball this well. So when Lin started doing well, the media blew it up like it was the second coming of Christ.

Btw, I am a huge Jeremy Lin fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
A bit cocky, yes. An idiot, no. I don't see how anyone undefeated in boxing is an idiot no matter how much you hate him.
I just don't like bigots. His comments was stupid and uncalled for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top