Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
There are only 7 rounds in the NFL draft. Isn't that low? He was the 4th string quarterback in new england. Give me a break .

Ortiz wasn't an everyday till got to Boston. And David Ortiz isn't black. Jeez you are really on the ball today.
I'm surprised you didn't cite Michael Jordan being cut from his HS basketball team as proof Lin is getting undue attention.

Ortiz is multi-racial, sorry to offend your sensibilities. I went with the label most everyone in the US would apply if shown a picture of him. Or do you somehow think the dominican republic is latino because of last names?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:14 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,530,564 times
Jeremy's situation is really unprecedented. I don't think some of you realize what he has done. This is a guy who went to Harvard, undrafted, cut by two teams, and play fantastic in 7 games w/o two stars. Maybe he won't pan out in the long run, but the attention he is getting for his unprecedented play is deserving. The attention is amplified by being in NY and the fact that he is Asian American, but make no mistake, he has earned this.

He was one of the best ballers in HS from California and even Stanford(he lives across the street from them) wouldn't recruit him. I can understand about the pros not drafting him due to their "look for physical talent", but 2nd tier Div I schools were turning him down even. All he wanted to do was play ball. At least Flip Murray and Tom Brady were drafted.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,521 times
I'm of the opinion that a good part of Jeremy Lin's success is that he's got fresh legs while everybody else is already worn down from a jam-packed NBA schedule.

The success of a mediocrity like Lin just tells me I was right to avoid the NBA this season.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i agree with MOST of this entire post. ehh not so much. i mean is that like saying because im white and i didnt vote for obama, dont like his policies and think he is top 2-3 worst presidents this country has ever had, does that make me a racist? media will tell you that i am but i say it has nothing to with color, has everything to do with the job he has done.

same thing with lin, i dont buy the hype, i dont see that he is anything more then a flash in the pan/flavor of the month. when he gets a full season or 2 in and is still producing decent numbers, i will pass judgement at that time. for now, dont buy the hype, it only feeds the stern!
I see what you're saying.

Go on youtube and go to the news section of yahoo. So many people keep on saying that blacks don't support Jeremy Lin because blacks are racist and always want the spotlight on them.

So many people are saying that blacks are jealous of Jeremy Lin because they wish they could have the attention of Lin.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

Go on youtube and go to the news section of yahoo. So many people keep on saying that blacks don't support Jeremy Lin because blacks are racist and always want the spotlight on them.

So many people are saying that blacks are jealous of Jeremy Lin because they wish they could have the attention of Lin.
Some blacks are jealous of him and some blacks are not

Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Jeremy's situation is really unprecedented. I don't think some of you realize what he has done. This is a guy who went to Harvard, undrafted, cut by two teams, and play fantastic in 7 games w/o two stars. Maybe he won't pan out in the long run, but the attention he is getting for his unprecedented play is deserving. The attention is amplified by being in NY and the fact that he is Asian American, but make no mistake, he has earned this.

He was one of the best ballers in HS from California and even Stanford(he lives across the street from them) wouldn't recruit him. I can understand about the pros not drafting him due to their "look for physical talent", but 2nd tier Div I schools were turning him down even. All he wanted to do was play ball. At least Flip Murray and Tom Brady were drafted.
I realize what he has done. I wish him the best and I wish he would start doing commercials to make more money.

Saying that, they are over doing it and do not need to be reminded of it every day.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Call you when he wins a championship? Did Derrick Rose win one???
Derrick Rose is a proven allstar bro. He has gotten farther than Lin.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Some blacks are jealous of him and some blacks are not
I agree with you.

I am not jealous of him and support him 100 percent.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

All I can say is welcome aboard! Welcome to the world of whitey, ridiculous accusations of racism! A lot of black people do it to us all the time so I'm sorry if I can't offer sympathy.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
All I can say is welcome aboard! Welcome to the world of whitey, ridiculous accusations of racism! A lot of black people do it to us all the time so I'm sorry if I can't offer sympathy.
I don't want sympathy my brotha!

All I want is some patrone and bucket of fried chicken!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball