U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,376,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Seriously man...? He's a humble guy, he probably really does love the attention just doesn't want to show it and hurt his reputation (That's called good PR). The dude went to Harvard so he's smart enough to know what's going on, he'd be a total idiot to not stay in the spotlight as much as possible, especially when he has the option to accept doing whatever it is their offering him for All-Star weekend. Like previously stated, the man was sleeping on his brothers couch and getting barely any playing time, then suddenly he is the biggest NBA star right now. No way he'd take himself out of the spotlight, it may not last long. Soak it up when possible. Not to mention, he needs all the TV time possible because after this season he's going to get PAID by someone if not the Knicks.
knicks are not letting him go anywhere else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,662,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
He should be in there. It's about who the fans want to see.
It's this still a competitive sport or a choreographed masterpiece?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
knicks are not letting him go anywhere else
Knicks have 59.1 mil tied into 7 players, which is already 1.9 mil over the cap. They will still need to sign out a roster. Since Lin and Fields should command good contracts, NY might not be able to entice them to stay.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Knicks have 59.1 mil tied into 7 players, which is already 1.9 mil over the cap. They will still need to sign out a roster. Since Lin and Fields should command good contracts, NY might not be able to entice them to stay.
Lin will be a Knick next season

Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM

52,075 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lin will be a Knick next season
Who are the going to waive to do that? Serious question.

I'd guess right now that Lin would be able to get about $4-5mil a year from someone else in the league quite easily.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
It's this still a competitive sport or a choreographed masterpiece?
Ever seen the NFL all-pro game? They aren't exactly playing 100%.
What about the home run derby?
Celebrity golf tournaments?

The NBA all-star game is a light-hearted entertainment event. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Who are the going to waive to do that? Serious question.

I'd guess right now that Lin would be able to get about $4-5mil a year from someone else in the league quite easily.
Baron davis?

Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,208,317 times
The Knicks will actually be under the cap but will only have 7 players. I expect Davis will take over when Lin comes back to earth.

Davis is on a 1 yr vet mini
I'm contract, how are they gonna waive a free agent?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The Knicks will actually be under the cap but will only have 7 players. I expect Davis will take over when Lin comes back to earth.

So when is Mr. Davis going to be ready? Or is he going to wear a suit the entire season?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

1. Lin is good enough to keep playing and I think we are both in agreement that he's already had some rough games that are glossed over. Besides, why not develop Lin who also brings hustle and attitude to the whole team....he does energize the team.

2. Didn't know about Davis being on a 1yr. I just don't know what their cap situation will look like because lin will likely cost them 4-5mil to retain when other teams start bidding. (IMO that *may* be a fair amount for him so for arguments sake lets just say a 3 yr deal @ 4mil a year for Lin)

Do the Knicks have the cap room or would they have to use their amnesty?

I don't know, trying to learn more. Other teams might over-pay for Lin to help attendance (Golden State?) which would suck for the Knicks to have to match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball