U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times

Advertisements

Wow, after 6 games Lin maybe part of All Star weekend in the shooting competition

Source: NBA is hoping to add NY Knicks sensation Jeremy*Lin to All-Star Weekend in Orlando* - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:50 PM

7,744 posts, read 6,149,250 times
He should be in there. It's about who the fans want to see.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
after 6 games? do ALL the fans want to see him or just the most important ones up there in NYC, oh and in sternys office? total crap! he has to earn his way onto a team, and he was not voted in, the coaches didnt pick him, and only a hand full of fans want to see him. outside of the east coast im willing to bet that the fans are like, "wow that lin kid is making waves....... oh well back to my spurs/thunder/rockets/lakers/trailblazers........"

the real travesty is that a guy like matt bonner, who has consistently been a top 3 point shooter year in and year out is STILL not added to the 3 point contest while the heat have 2 guys, and kevin love?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 AM

1,662 posts, read 2,670,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
He should be in there. It's about who the fans want to see.
I agree, it will definitely beef up the ratings for the game.

Besides, he might have played just 7 games but he's part in the nba for awhile now. If he had been given a chance to play who knows where what kind of stats he might have accumulated.

I think part of the reason he's given this chance is also because of all the chances he wasn't given in the past - ie. no scholarship to division I team, not drafted and no chance with the Rockets or Houston. Even the Knicks were guilty of coming close to cutting him!

The guy can play and deserves it!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post

Besides, he might have played just 7 games but he's part in the nba for awhile now. If he had been given a chance to play who knows where what kind of stats he might have accumulated.

I think part of the reason he's given this chance is also because of all the chances he wasn't given in the past - ie. no scholarship to division I team, not drafted and no chance with the Rockets or Houston. Even the Knicks were guilty of coming close to cutting him!

The guy can play and deserves it!
soooo because the guy was cut by 3 teams before getting a chance in NYC, and has had 6 starts where he put up some decent numbers and he couldnt get a scholarship to college BUT still went to harvard and got a top rated education, hen he is deserving of an all star nod? who would you kick off the east roster to get him a spot?

is he more deserving then guys like say john wall? his numbers are better. or say josh smith? or how about even ryan anderson? all 3 guys IMO are more deserving then lin.

i say lets wait till the end of the season, or maybe even a whole season before crowing the kid with an all star bid. hell china is going to vote him in till the end of his career from here on out anyway.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
after 6 games? do ALL the fans want to see him or just the most important ones up there in NYC, oh and in sternys office? total crap! he has to earn his way onto a team, and he was not voted in, the coaches didnt pick him, and only a hand full of fans want to see him. outside of the east coast im willing to bet that the fans are like, "wow that lin kid is making waves....... oh well back to my spurs/thunder/rockets/lakers/trailblazers........"

the real travesty is that a guy like matt bonner, who has consistently been a top 3 point shooter year in and year out is STILL not added to the 3 point contest while the heat have 2 guys, and kevin love?
It's just a shooting competition and it's a total fan-popularity contest.

I lost all respect and outrage over anything "all-star" related after Yao and McGrady kept getting voted on the team despite not even playing.

So, <shrug>.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's just a shooting competition and it's a total fan-popularity contest.

I lost all respect and outrage over anything "all-star" related after Yao and McGrady kept getting voted on the team despite not even playing.

So, <shrug>.
i agree except, how many fans did jason kapono have? or james jones? or how about deaquan cook?

its a travesty i tell you! A TRAVESTY!!!!

FREE MATT BONNER!

i think the league is scared of the red rockets 3 point abilities!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,774 times
He is rumored to help Iman Shumpert in the dunk contest.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i agree except, how many fans did jason kapono have? or james jones? or how about deaquan cook?

its a travesty i tell you! A TRAVESTY!!!!

FREE MATT BONNER!

i think the league is scared of the red rockets 3 point abilities!
I never watch all-star weekend anyway so I'm clueless about that stuff.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,536,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Bingo! Nailed the whole issue in one sentence. It's not about Lin, or excitement, or even the fans. It's about ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball