U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM

3,569 posts, read 6,020,375 times

Advertisements

Guy that takes the game too seriously.
smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 AM

457 posts, read 777,573 times
The Glove is the best type of player. I hate dudes who just drive the lane and chuck threes and then play no defense. LOVE THE GLOVE.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,286,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Basketball is NOT a lifetime sport. Just sayin'.
So very true. I am in my mid 30's and I don't play it anymore. I loved playing from childhood into my early 30's. Pick up games aren't worth the time and effort anymore. There are too many guys who have never played organized ball and have no idea how to actually play the game.

The guy that gets on my nerves is the guy trying to live out his Jordan/Kobe/Lebron fantasy on the court. This guy has watched one to many MJ documentaries and comes to the court with the win at all cost mentality. He yells at other guys if they don't make the right play. He is generally belligerent on the court. He takes a loss as a personal demon to be exorcised. Most likely he has other issues he is using basketball to cover up.

When I played my main goal was getting a good run and connecting with other guys who were serious about playing basketball, actually basketball, not streetball. My ego was never attached to the condition of winning or losing.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,286,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben242000 View Post
The Glove is the best type of player. I hate dudes who just drive the lane and chuck threes and then play no defense. LOVE THE GLOVE.
I agree with this 100%. Defense is half of the game. And it takes skill to play it correctly without constantly fouling. I always wanted to team up with guys who could and did play good defense.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 AM

181 posts, read 339,426 times
I personally do not like "lawyers". These are guys that blatantly take 3.5 or more steps, whack you all game and make other absurd claims. When you point it out to them they can put together a defense that defies logic and reason as to why you and every person in the gym is mistaken and he is in fact the ONE true source of honestly.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 AM

181 posts, read 339,426 times
4. The "Pretender": this is the guy that with Under Armour everything, comes to the court wearing Addidas flip-flops, nike knap sack, Head bands, officail NBA socks, a jersey from whatever Rec league he's playing for, the protective sleeve....etc. He gets out on the court and can't shoot, can't drive to the rim, his lay-up percentage is around fifty, he only wants to play with certain people. ,...lol

BTW im 27 and i LOVE basketball...[/quote]

Too Funny. Probably becasue I know this guy

Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM

170 posts, read 489,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
He yells at other guys if they don't make the right play. He is generally belligerent on the court. He takes a loss as a personal demon to be exorcised. Most likely he has other issues he is using basketball to cover up.
There is a guy like this I play with everyweek. No ONE wants to play with him. This kind of player sucks the life out of his team and the game.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM

4,155 posts, read 4,731,477 times
THE TRASHTALKER! Especially AFTER he gets his a** kicked. (i.e. NY Jets)

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,529,289 times
There is only one type of player I really hate: the "ME" player. Unfortunately, their numbers have become legion throughout professional sports.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
There is only one type of player I really hate: the "ME" player. Unfortunately, their numbers have become legion throughout professional sports.
We are not talking about professional sports here Fred
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball