U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 AM

2,944 posts, read 3,008,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
He certainely needs to pick it up, because after being exposed Lin has been bad and Baron Davis is getting closer to ready to take his job. And unless you get pts instead of 3 for a basket, then how being a minimum wage bench player means next to nothing.
Lin is doing a fine job. He is actually getting better. There Knicks has a great line up, but something happened 2 weeks ago then turned a turned-around Knicks back to where they were, a slow, lack of energy team.

I will give you 5 seconds to think about it.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...

RIGHT, 2 weeks ago, Anthony returns and they are doing bad. The Knicks is back to how they were when Anthony was playing before he was injured. Anthony is a good player, just not a good team-player. He offers no defense, which is what Knicks lacking. He stand there, yet, standing most of the time and expecting the ball. If you haven't notice already, when Anthony is in the game, the Knicks is in a deficit almost all the time. The Knicks only start scoring after Anthony is benched.

The Knicks start Line up should be:
Chandler
Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

A better line up would be:
Howards (trade Anthony and Chandler for superman)
Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

If someone want Stoudemire, trade him as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,504,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How many pro-football players have they made a movie about? Why some borderline roster player that had a minor pro-career? Probably because he's white right?

What about that Rudy guy? He must have been a 4 time all-american at Notre Dame for them to make a movie about him....either that or he was asian.

------------------------------------------------------------------
To recap: A walk-on scrub gets playing time with a struggling Knicks team solely due to injuries and they go on a win streak without their stars.

Can you see any other reason besides his race that might capture the interest of the US public which loves the underdog?

Hmmm, nice angle I have not thought of that one

Why not add another point guard but make him a filippino with a club foot?

Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM

52,013 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, nice angle I have not thought of that one

Why not add another point guard but make him a filippino with a club foot?
good one.

What the NBA REALLY needs is a Chinese Hermaphrodite that has converted to Judaism. Now THAT is some box office draw!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,504,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
good one.

What the NBA REALLY needs is a Chinese Hermaphrodite that has converted to Judaism. Now THAT is some box office draw!

Naw, that was better

Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,065,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Lin is doing a fine job. He is actually getting better. There Knicks has a great line up, but something happened 2 weeks ago then turned a turned-around Knicks back to where they were, a slow, lack of energy team.

RIGHT, 2 weeks ago, Anthony returns and they are doing bad. The Knicks is back to how they were when Anthony was playing before he was injured. Anthony is a good player, just not a good team-player. He offers no defense, which is what Knicks lacking. He stand there, yet, standing most of the time and expecting the ball. If you haven't notice already, when Anthony is in the game, the Knicks is in a deficit almost all the time. The Knicks only start scoring after Anthony is benched.
It's not Anthony's fault Lin can't dribble to his left or he takes 3 tables to the lane and picks up his dribble every play or that he can't dribble the ball past half court against any decent defense. Or he can't do anything when he gets trapped on the pick and roll. The truth is Lin is a borderline starting point guard.

Quote:
Chandler
Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

The second lineup isn't happening, and the first one isn't even good enough to get into the playoffs. I can't figure out why Fields even gets any playing time. Did you watch Novak try to cover Shawn Marion last night?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 PM

900 posts, read 2,049,067 times
Ever since Melo came back Lin's star has dimmed but I still think he has it in him to score 20 something points a game again.

Melo is just getting on my nerves, from his interviews I thought he was a likeable mature person but by the time I saw him play on the court I see he's a very immature vengeful player that let's his emotions get in the way of the game to the team's detriment. During one game he blatantly tripped another player in full view of everyone, not on the sneak or behind another player but a few seconds after play had slowed. Stupid. He seams to argue a lot with other opposing players keeping up a see-saw battle with the one player. All this causes loses. I also get the feeling Melo is trying to replace Lin in the headlines but simply hasn't been able to pull it off.

I say don't play Lin and Melo together but put one in for awhile then play the other alternately.

Last edited by luvnyc; 03-07-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM

900 posts, read 2,049,067 times
Quote:

Chandler
Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

Shumpert
Novak
Fields
Lin

Exactly!

I think Anthony's attitude sucks. I first heard about Anthony's name by way of his wife La La Vazquez and that show that I maybe watched once or twice but never knew anything about his talent.

Why was Anthony such a hot commodity to come here anyway? I'm just not seeing the bonus on the court by him.

I think Lin has tried to accommodate Anthony being back in the game but lowering his own playing style (that hustle is hardly there anymore) by giving Anthony the ball but Anthony can't follow through he misses most of the time when he shoots.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM

Even since Melo came back, the Knicks is 2 - 6. No energy. No defense.

Why? Why would anyone want to put up the defense or any energy when there is 1 person that always standing? Did you notice when Melo is in the game, the Knicks get slaughtered?

It is unfortunate that when Melo is in, Lin is in with him. Put Davis as start and Lin with the 2nd team and you will see the problem is with Melo, not Lin.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,020 times
So where was the Linsanity tonight? In fact where were the Knicks tonight? Because they failed to show up and failed to offer up any kind of resistance to San Antonio at the AT&T Center. Not really a revelation but it would have been nice to see what all the incredible, over the top hype was about with Lin. Lin was outplayed and outclassed in every possible way by Tony Parker and only showed hinself to be nothing more than a mediocre point guard tonight. But the really annoying part about the tremendous hype Lin and the Knicks have received is that's all been more or less unfounded. In the end New York is nothing more than a middling, slightly below average team and likely will not make much noise in the playoffs. Next.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Point guard is only good if the other team running and create open space for themselves, not standing around expecting the ball. This is what Knicks starter is doing. Since Melo returns, Knicks is 2 - 6. If you have watch their games, the Knicks always in a deficit when Melo was in. It is unfortunate that when Melo was in, Lin was in too. Lin cannot create play for player that just stood there. Once they got the ball, they just do the jumper.

Both Melo and Amare are the problem.

Melo - No longer hold the ball most of the time. He still play the game like he is a 1 man show. He offer no defense.

Amare - He is broken. He is too slow and too weak to be a power forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball