U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
 
2,944 posts, read 3,006,114 times
Reputation: 1109

Advertisements

Lin get the attention is not because his is asian. Yi is asain too, but no one talks about him.

Lin story is interesting because he is an underdog, just like the Knicks in 1999. Knicks hasn't been this excited since 1999. It is about freaking time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Lin get the attention is not because his is asian. Yi is asain too, but no one talks about him.

Lin story is interesting because he is an underdog, just like the Knicks in 1999. Knicks hasn't been this excited since 1999. It is about freaking time.
Well the excitment won't really start until they make the playoffs. They have to battle with the Bucks the next 5 weeks for the last spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Lin get the attention is not because his is asian. Yi is asain too, but no one talks about him.

Lin story is interesting because he is an underdog, just like the Knicks in 1999. Knicks hasn't been this excited since 1999. It is about freaking time.
They blew all their cap and are still mediocre. Anyone getting excited about the Knicks needs a 2nd lobotomy.

Mark my words.

1) Until the Dolans stop meddling or sell the team, the Knicks will never prosper.
2) Even if the above happens, the Knicks are STILL 10 years away from being a contender.

I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They blew all their cap and are still mediocre. Anyone getting excited about the Knicks needs a 2nd lobotomy.

Mark my words.

1) Until the Dolans stop meddling or sell the team, the Knicks will never prosper.
2) Even if the above happens, the Knicks are STILL 10 years away from being a contender.

I love it.
10 years though? lol Is that because Lebron and wade will no longer be in the league?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 AM
 
2,944 posts, read 3,006,114 times
Reputation: 1109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
10 years though? lol Is that because Lebron and wade will no longer be in the league?
Don't need 10 years. This and the next 2 or 3 years will be their peak. If they cannot win a champion, they will never able too.

Young and better players are emerging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,061 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Reputation: 5386
Since this is a Jeremy Lin discussion, I will give him his props. He has looked much better over the Knicks five game winning streak. It seems he is looking a little more comfortable in his role. Nice fourth quarter last night from him. He really stepped it up. I was a bit impressed. I hope I was wrong about this kid. Maybe I need to take a second look at him, or give him a little more time. I think the whole team in general needed a little time to gel. Look at Miami early in the season last year. They stunk. People expected way too much to soon. They weren't given adequate time to gel.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 03-22-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
10 years though? lol Is that because Lebron and wade will no longer be in the league?
10 years because the Knicks are cap-locked for at least 3 more years and won't be bad enough to get picks.

So, they can't even *start* to rebuild for a while yet and then it's going to take time for the players to develop and fill in the right pieces and so forth.

Might not take 10 years but one would have to think a minimum of 6 years if everything goes right and the Dolans aren't walking around putting Isaih back in charge or meddling in trades etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
JL
 
7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Check out some tests that BAM did on Lin and his counter parts(John Wall, Derick Rose, Kyrie Irving). They crunched numbers on athleticism, intelligence, etc. and his pre-draft combine sort of speak. Interesting stuff...

SLAM ONLINE | » Life in the Fast Lane

Part1: - The BAM Box Score

Part2: The "Lin"side Point Guard Review - The BAM Box Score

Part3(Reliability&Credibility): - The BAM Box Score
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
 
900 posts, read 2,047,217 times
Reputation: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Since this is a Jeremy Lin discussion, I will give him his props. He has looked much better over the Knicks five game winning streak. It seems he is looking a little more comfortable in his role. Nice fourth quarter last night from him. He really stepped it up. I was a bit impressed. I hope I was wrong about this kid. Maybe I need to take a second look at him, or give him a little more time. I think the whole team in general needed a little time to gel. Look at Miami early in the season last year. They stunk. People expected way too much to soon. They weren't given adequate time to gel.
Finally, someone sees the light! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
10 years because the Knicks are cap-locked for at least 3 more years and won't be bad enough to get picks.

So, they can't even *start* to rebuild for a while yet and then it's going to take time for the players to develop and fill in the right pieces and so forth.

Might not take 10 years but one would have to think a minimum of 6 years if everything goes right and the Dolans aren't walking around putting Isaih back in charge or meddling in trades etc.
10 years? 6 years?

I think within 5. If the Knicks are even blessed to make the playoffs this year I say they won't last long within it, but I do think they'll become stronger. They'd be a better team without that Anthony and I see Novak becoming even more of a threat along with Lin and others. Amare needs to step up his game big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Finally, someone sees the light! lol



10 years? 6 years?

I think within 5. If the Knicks are even blessed to make the playoffs this year I say they won't last long within it, but I do think they'll become stronger. They'd be a better team without that Anthony and I see Novak becoming even more of a threat along with Lin and others. Amare needs to step up his game big time.
Novak better start adding a little more to his game because once that shot stops falling he will be out of the league. Kyle korver was a similar player when he first entered the league and now he can dribble and get to the basket, post up, and can run the fast break.

Novak has only shown he can hit jumpers when he is "wide open".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top