U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,001,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
<breaks out the hand puppets>

It's Deron Williams, a 3x allstar and 2x all-nba player

vs. a nobody d-leaguer riding the end of the bench.

Still can't figure out why it's noteworthy that the scrub had a big game?

---------------------------------------------------------------
It's like you are walking through the woods and you see this bobcat go racing past tackle and kill an elk. Your friend is amazed that this little bobcat pulled off such a feat but you reply it's no big deal because you saw a grizzly bear do the same thing once.
I never said it wasn't noteworthy.

I am saying that they were over hyping it all over the place.

They are still talking about Jeremy Lin EVERY day in the media.

Having a few games where he did well does not deserve this kind of attention.

Jeremy Lin is no longer an underdog, he is a proven NBA player now, so we can stop hearing about it every day.

Remember Sarunas Marcialionis? To me, he was better than Jeremy Lin and wasn't he like only the second foreign player to ever play in the NBA and he NEVER got the attention Jeremy Lin did.

Sarunas would mop the floor with Lin.

Steve Nash was another underdog type of player, his struggles in the NBA almost made him quite. Since then he has been one of the best passers, won the MVP a few times been an All Star, yet Nash was NEVER hyped like Jeremy Lin.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 02-28-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------
It's like you are walking through the woods and you see this bobcat go racing past tackle and kill an elk. Your friend is amazed that this little bobcat pulled off such a feat but you reply it's no big deal because you saw a grizzly bear do the same thing once.
while pretty funny, the problem is apparently most people are now expecting that bobcat to kill an elk day in and day out. instead of realizing it was/is a flash in the pan so many people are taking it as the new norm.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Quote:
Lin won't be with the Knicks after this season if he plays well. They have no $$$ to spend to match other teams offers.

At this point I'd state that he will be a starting PG or at least 6th man getting solid minutes somewhere in the league next year. I'm hesitant to be more specific because of his free agency status and it depends upon what team he might go to.
i dont know about them not having the money. IF lin has continued success this season the knicks can still pay him 2-2.5m and have a full midlevel exception, and only need about 3 players to field a team. the knicks will be over the cap next year either way imo.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:37 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,633,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You can tell that teams have been studying film on him. Miami completely shut him down.
Studying? hahaha o please. Enough with the exaggerations.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
Lin is the best option the Knicks have at the point...heck, it sure isnt Baron Davis. I am sure that Lin knows that teams will be better prepared for him--he isnt going to take everyone by surprise. However, I still think he can be productive. Shoot, the Knicks only need him to be solid--it is Melo and Amare that are supposed to be the man on this team...

ESPN overhypes everything. I can understand the excitement in the beginning...but jeez, let the guy (and us, please!) breathe...

Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i dont know about them not having the money. IF lin has continued success this season the knicks can still pay him 2-2.5m and have a full midlevel exception, and only need about 3 players to field a team. the knicks will be over the cap next year either way imo.
Lin with a solid game last night. 9 assists, 1 TO's good FG%.

I have and will continue to predict that some team out there would be very happy to have him for 4-5mil a year....and I don't see the Knicks scraping up that kind of cap space.

Remember, it's the whole freaking NBA that can throw offers at the Knicks for him, highest bid wins. Heck, some of the stupid franchises may overbid for him.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Lin with a solid game last night. 9 assists, 1 TO's good FG%.

I have and will continue to predict that some team out there would be very happy to have him for 4-5mil a year....and I don't see the Knicks scraping up that kind of cap space.

Remember, it's the whole freaking NBA that can throw offers at the Knicks for him, highest bid wins. Heck, some of the stupid franchises may overbid for him.
Remember he hasn't done anything yet, the Knicks have 3 road games coming up against the Mavs, Spurs, and Bulls.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Remember he hasn't done anything yet, .
Dude.

Want to bet he's not a starter on an NBA team next year?
Let's say....either change our status line for a month or not post for a week?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Dude.

Want to bet he's not a starter on an NBA team next year?
Let's say....either change our status line for a month or not post for a week?
Ok I will do the status line bet. But he still has more work to do. Just like when you start a new job. You are being closely evaluated for 90 days so even if you had a good first 3 weeks. It has to continue for 2 more months so you can prove you belong.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok I will do the status line bet. But he still has more work to do. Just like when you start a new job. You are being closely evaluated for 90 days so even if you had a good first 3 weeks. It has to continue for 2 more months so you can prove you belong.
Yeah....because so far...he has just been lucky....

Hey, the guy isn't ever going to be a top PG....but dang.....you are worse in the negative than the ESPN guys that were sucking his....thumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball