Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I am not saying it wasn't impressive. But the Lakers are the not the real Lakers like they were a few years ago and unfortunately are a shell of their former selves.

Darent Williams scored 38 points against the Knicks and we barely heard about it.
That's because Derrin Williams is black and has been doing that since he been in the league. It was nothing new
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
You can tell that teams have been studying film on him. Miami completely shut him down.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
what i thought was interesting, MELO is TIRED of all the lin hype. (melo and i have something in common)
last night craig sager talked to him during the game. he asked him something along the lines of how well will he and lin mesh after the break, and melo said something to the extent of "man im just trying to enjoy the game today, im trying to enjoy the break. every time he was asked anything about lin, he brushed the question off or ignored it all together.

looks like the only place melo doesnt have defense is on the court because he was blocking the reporters shots all weekend.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You can tell that teams have been studying film on him. Miami completely shut him down.
They stated that they didn't do anything different for him. I kind of doubt that, but as a point guard, he needs to understand this and read the defense. If he can find ways to make himself effective and efficient while getting his teammates good opportunities, he will be in this league a long time.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
how is that impressive? stern robbed the lakers when they didnt allow the trade for chris paul. then odom and other lakers learned they would have been traded. also the fact kobe bryants wife divorces him.

all of this in the back of the lakers palyers mind. you think a team with all this going on can play a decent game?

of course any above average player can score 38 against the lakers at this point.

frankly, i cant wait until this jeremy lin bs ends. his 15 minutes of fame will be over soon. you can take that to the bank.
They weren't going to be much better. They didn't have a bench before either. That has been the biggest problem with this team for this year. Trading for Chris Paul would have possibly made it worse.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
1. That he can play well OUTSIDE of Madison Square Garden

He seems to play his best basketball in NYC which included wins over the Mavs and Lakers but on the road he struggled against the Raptors and Timberwolves even though the Knicks were able to still win.

2. That he can play well enough on the road to help the Knicks beat a winning team.

The Knicks failed their first test against a winning team last night against the Heat with Lin having a horrible game. After the All-Star game the Knicks travel to Dallas, San Antonio, and then Chicago. Even if the Knicks lose all three games if Lin has a bad game in all 3 games then his short NBA career maybe coming to an end soon.

So Lin has a lot to show after the All-Star Break
WHy does Lin have to do all this? Amare and Melo weren't doing squat before Lin or after him.

Let's remember, Lin is by reasonable expectations a mediocre starting NBA point guard, give or take.

Talk of his NBA career coming to an end is hillariously off. Anyone projecting him as unable to be an effective 6th-8th man on any number of teams hasn't been paying attention and are likely just in back-lash against idiots predicting he's going to be an all-nba level player or already is.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
what i thought was interesting, MELO is TIRED of all the lin hype. (melo and i have something in common)
last night craig sager talked to him during the game. he asked him something along the lines of how well will he and lin mesh after the break, and melo said something to the extent of "man im just trying to enjoy the game today, im trying to enjoy the break. every time he was asked anything about lin, he brushed the question off or ignored it all together.

looks like the only place melo doesnt have defense is on the court because he was blocking the reporters shots all weekend.
Melo is a D-bag. His image got brutalized by being out and having Lin carry the team even if against light opposition.

It's not Lin's fault Melo is getting called out, it was even starting to happen pre-Lin. Will Melo react like a petulant child (most likely) or will he finally start working on his game?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Oh I realize all this about melo, but I think it is funny how he refused to speak on the Lin subject.

I stick by my earlier statements, I don't think Lin is going to keep the start job, I don't think he is anywhere remotely as good as he is hyped to be and I think he is already starting to crack a little (ie his exhaustion at the Asg.)

I give him credit for what he has done but I think the ride is already headed down hill.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

I have to agree, it was no need to Sager to bring up Lin's name at that point so I could see why Melo became annoyed

Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
WHy does Lin have to do all this? Amare and Melo weren't doing squat before Lin or after him.

Let's remember, Lin is by reasonable expectations a mediocre starting NBA point guard, give or take.

Talk of his NBA career coming to an end is hillariously off. Anyone projecting him as unable to be an effective 6th-8th man on any number of teams hasn't been paying attention and are likely just in back-lash against idiots predicting he's going to be an all-nba level player or already is.
Are you really asking me that? It's because Amare and Melo are already established as stars in the NBA and Lin has more to prove. I thought that would be obvious. Now he had 2 nice games against the Lakers and Mavs but now we have to see him play well on the road against good teams and not just at MSG. That's why I said his performance against the Mavs, Spurs, and Bulls on the road will be key in determining if he bought his own place too fast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball