Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,023,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
They each played like 2 quarters yesterday. Chandler has the most minutes, almost 27 minutes.

Another thing is Lin has been play a lot less minute since Davis joined the team. He used to get like 40+ minutes in the 7 games he started. Then David joined, and he was play around 30 minutes.
I have said it repeatedly, Barron Davis will end the season running the show for the Knicks. Lin was/is over rated and a flash in the pan IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,635,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I have said it repeatedly, Barron Davis will end the season running the show for the Knicks. Lin was/is over rated and a flash in the pan IMO.
Yep. Though I think he may find a spot on a team as a backup/second team guy. He may even make a few million. Good for him. But the hopefully the fanaticism will die down and we will stop getting these Nash and Kobe(!) comparisons.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM

4,064 posts, read 4,108,143 times
Quote:
What you are base in don't make any business sense. NBA is a business, if you are the GM of Knicks, who are you going to push?

Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM

you are going to push the better fit, the more productive and established player.

since when has ANY team pushed the lesser player just because he had a few good games.

barron davis is the better player, the more established player, and the better fit. lin was a flash in the pan, he will come and go, as evident by the more and more minutes davis is already taking from him. the only reason lin had the starting role is because davis was injured and has been out for a very long time.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,247,866 times
...So is Jeremy Lin still the second coming of Christ? I thought he was a few weeks ago. He'd have a 15 minute segment every time he blinked his eyes haha.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,503,155 times
linsanity turned into lin****ty pretty quickly

these new age basketballs fans are the worst

Old 03-16-2012, 06:58 AM

4,064 posts, read 4,108,143 times
Quote:
you are going to push the better fit, the more productive and established player.

since when has ANY team pushed the lesser player just because he had a few good games.

barron davis is the better player, the more established player, and the better fit. lin was a flash in the pan, he will come and go, as evident by the more and more minutes davis is already taking from him. the only reason lin had the starting role is because davis was injured and has been out for a very long time.
If you are talking about the starters, yes Davis would be a better fit. Melo would love Davis because Melo will get his wish to get 30+ shoots a game.

Lin is better with the younger team who will run the court. Put Lin with Jeffery, Shumper, Novak and Smith

Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,132,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
linsanity turned into lin****ty pretty quickly

these new age basketballs fans are the worst

I agree. Quick to appoint anybody this or that. Give a player a little time and they will always be exposed..

I knew Jeremy Lin was no good. I called it before it happened. You know how I knew...I gave it the good ole' eye test. Plus, I figured in how he played/ for how long/ and against who..

So many people jumped to conclusions that I got embarrissed..

I seen a kid who had a prayer luck jump shot. Couldn't dribble to the left. Had bad timing. Or unsure timing. You know where your dribbling and a man gets open for a brief second, you toss them the easy pass/ dunk whatever. He hesitated too much. Wouldn't make the easy pass and pull back out and go to the next option. which wasn't the best option. You could see that he wasn't really sure of himself. When to pass it when not too. And when he shot the ball, it was a feeling of like, "gee wiz, I hope this kid makes it". It was just too obvious. Painfully obvious for some of us. He doesn't have much toughness either. Every little hit, he is laboring some part of his body. Kind of week if you ask me. And where is this explosiveness that many were talking about. The only thing exploding with him is his quick turn to the bench..I'm not even sure the NBA fits him. He might be better off going back to the D-league..I know alot more talented guys that are not playing in the NBA.

And these comparisons to Kobe are literally the funniest thing I have ever heard when talking basketball...Wow..That's just disrespectful to the max..

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Never said he was near Kobe's level but I said he's on his way.

Even (sorry) pre-rape trial Kobe wasn't present day Kobe. Sure he put up numbers but there were still other players outshining him (Jordan) in his early days. After that trial and when Shaq joined LA that really lit a fire under Kobe. Those squabbles with Shaq made Kobe want to prove he was the man, the MVP. Kobe's energy took it to another level.

I say Lin is the same sort of player. Just be patient we'll see.
Pre-rape trial Kobe? You mean the one who averaged 30 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and had a streak of nine 40 point games in 2003?

He's not near, or on his way to, anything resembling Kobe Bryant. This is really a laughable comparison.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Yup I been saying it, and it's starting to look like Lin is headed out of the starting Lin e-up.

With Mike Woodson now the head coach of the Knicks, the change in style changes the entire equation for Jeremy Lin.

Lin emerged in Mike D'Antoni's system, which played to his strengths of the pick-and-roll and a free-flow offense.

Woodson wants to run his offense through Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

“Woody’s inclination would not be to play him,” said a person who has worked with Woodson.

Lin could lose the starting job to Baron Davis, who has been in the NBA for more than a decade and is a better defender.

Toney Douglas could also get another chance under Woodson, as he has always been a very good defender even while struggling to grasp D'Antoni's system.

Via Howard Beck/New York Times

Read more: Woodson Changes Equation On Lins Role - RealGM Wiretap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball