Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The bottom line is that Kobe this year is taking 23.4 shots a game at 42.5%.

He looked like crap vs. the Thunder and utterly choked in the 2nd half.
If you don't care what the Lakers do and don't really support them. Why do you care how Kobe does?

In everyone of your last few posts, you find a way to bad mouth Kobe.

Please, if Kobe never wins another ring, he has made his mark in the NBA.

The Lakers' failings isn't only due to Kobe, the whole team needs to play better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Jordan at 33 was voted the quickest person in the league. That dude was an athletic freak. He had the quickest first step in I've ever seen. Funny thing is, he always walked like an old man...lol.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
ah come on Greg, that's one of the best part of arguing sports! the big what ifs
Perhaps, just wasn't of the mindset to be debating it yesterday, because what-if debates are ultimately pointless. None of us have a real clue how Kobe would have performed in the 80's, or how Shaq and Jordan would have co-existed.

Try this on for size: if Kobe had played in the 80s, that means there wouldn't have been a Jordan for him to model his game after. So, what would Kobe's game look like without Jordan's blueprint to follow? There's a nice what-if for you to ponder over.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 AM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
If you don't care what the Lakers do and don't really support them. Why do you care how Kobe does?

In everyone of your last few posts, you find a way to bad mouth Kobe.

Please, if Kobe never wins another ring, he has made his mark in the NBA.

The Lakers' failings isn't only due to Kobe, the whole team needs to play better.
I've called Kobe the 2nd bets SG to play the game so spare me the "he has made his mark" crap. We all know that.

The Lakers failings are that they have no bench and Kobe (and this is the key point as to why I started this thread) has decided that since the Lakers aren't going anywhere in the playoffs he is going to stat pad to bolster his run at top scorer of all time etc. He is 100% legacy building.

Sorry, I don't care whom the player is. If you are shooting 42.5% and taking 23 shots a game while you have an all star PF and Center.....you are not helping the team. He flat out shot them out of the Thunder game in the 2nd half. Dispute this if you want to try. 2/14 and only one shot from the paint in the 2nd half.

I am seeing the same Kobe I saw after Shaq left and before Phil came back and got his head on straight. After that happened, Kobe was the best player in the NBA for several years. This is the first year in quite a while where I can't consider him at that level.

I'm criticizing Kobe because.....he deserves it.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:25 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
7 minutes left in the 4th vs NOH and Kobe is 0-15 and 0-7 from 3, with zero points. WOW!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 PM

Now 2-20, for 7 points. On the other hand, Bynum and Gasol between them have 20 shots. Bynum has 19 and 9, Gasol 21 and 11.

Edit: of course he hits the 3pointer to give them the lead lol

Old 03-31-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
7 minutes left in the 4th vs NOH and Kobe is 0-15 and 0-7 from 3, with zero points. WOW!
SHot chart, set it to Kobe.....1 of 21 shots from within the paint.

New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Lakers - Shot Chart - March 31, 2012 - ESPN

But hey, we are just unfairly picking on Kobe because he is the greatest and can't possibly playing differently than the MVP level Kobe that we have seen the last 6 years or so.

We are just meanie poopy pants, that should shut up and give credit to Kobe for winning the game just like ESPN did.

"Kobe overcomes shooting woes to life Lakers to win"

Hand to god, that's what ESPN is saying.

I wonder what Bynum, Gasol and coach are saying.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
SHot chart, set it to Kobe.....1 of 21 shots from within the paint.

New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Lakers - Shot Chart - March 31, 2012 - ESPN

But hey, we are just unfairly picking on Kobe because he is the greatest and can't possibly playing differently than the MVP level Kobe that we have seen the last 6 years or so.

We are just meanie poopy pants, that should shut up and give credit to Kobe for winning the game just like ESPN did.

"Kobe overcomes shooting woes to life Lakers to win"

Hand to god, that's what ESPN is saying.

I wonder what Bynum, Gasol and coach are saying.
You mean currently or of all time??? I heard some guy name Michael Jordan was the greatest of all time.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You mean currently or of all time??? I heard some guy name Michael Jordan was the greatest of all time.
Lol I think Math was being sarcastic....

Old 04-02-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Lol I think Math was being sarcastic....
Yeppers.

Kobe went into the paint in the GS scorefest yesterday and made 7/8 from the paint. He ended up shooting >50% and having 40pts. That's what the Lakers need to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball