U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
 
51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Reputation: 32413

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
It's Mike Brown's responsibility to stop letting Kobe shoot so much.
I struggle with how to respond to this....because if Kobe tells him to screw off what happens? Brown will be on the hot seat.

So I guess I will say that it's Browns responsibility to motivate and communicate with Kobe to take better shots (I won't even say fewer because if he is getting good looks and making >50% then so be it.)

However, Brown can't actually stop Kobe from doing whatever he wants without starting a huge fight which he would ultimately lose.

I'm getting excited about the playoffs because while I don't see the Lakers winning a championship (they just don't have the bench and are erratic) they might be able to cause some WC upset(s).

Gasol is looking more and more replaceable with Bynum out there. They are going to trade him for some solid players to fill their bench holes....Peace might get waived too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Gasol is looking more and more replaceable with Bynum out there. They are going to trade him for some solid players to fill their bench holes....Peace might get waived too.
Gasol still provides them, along with Bynum, a Center-Power Forward combo that few teams can match. Bynum is also historically injury prone( though he's been healthy this year). Trading off Gasol is a risky move for them, especially if Bynum goes down and of course Odom was dealt in the off-season. Sessions has provided them a significant boost over Fisher, if anything they need to cut ties with Artest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
 
51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Reputation: 32413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Gasol still provides them, along with Bynum, a Center-Power Forward combo that few teams can match. Bynum is also historically injury prone( though he's been healthy this year). Trading off Gasol is a risky move for them, especially if Bynum goes down and of course Odom was dealt in the off-season. Sessions has provided them a significant boost over Fisher, if anything they need to cut ties with Artest.
I'm just speculating that if they could pick up a 3 decent players for Gasol and garbage....it might be a net gain for the Lakers.

If they get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs they might roll the dice on a Gasol for pieces trade as if it doesn't pan out it's not like they broke up a sqaud that oculd win a championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
 
1,742 posts, read 5,001,884 times
Reputation: 714
Shouldn't they have some more money though without Odom, Fisher, Walton? The Lakers are only a player or two away from being best in the west, so that's incentive for someone to go. Spurs aren't going to get better and Deron will only help Dallas so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Shouldn't they have some more money though without Odom, Fisher, Walton? The Lakers are only a player or two away from being best in the west, so that's incentive for someone to go. Spurs aren't going to get better and Deron will only help Dallas so much.
ok so for the 900000th time, the lakers have no money to play with even after dropping the mentioned players.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers

next year they are on the books for 63,833,666 WITHOUT bynums option, sessions option, jordan hills option, goudelocks option, or morris' options being picked up. if by chance they picked up every option thats $90,190,210 the yare on the books for next season, AND they would still be required to pick up 2 more players just to make league minimum roster size. even the following seaon after next they are on the books for $76209269 with all options picked up, and still needing 7 players to meet league minimum roster. kobe is absolutely screwing the lakers cap space. also bynum is going to be looking for a pay day after next season. he is already making 16.5 mil next season (provided his option is picked up, im sure it will be) so he is going to be looking for duncan/garnett type money, 20+mil/season.

with kobe getting older, pau getting older, and bynum getting well, less and less cooperative the lakers are not the destination they once where.

spurs have a much brighter future just in the fact alone that they have money coming up to play with, and a very solid core of young guys to build around. lakers are going to have to blow it up after this season, fire sale style just to keep from spending $150 mil on payroll with taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
 
51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Reputation: 32413
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok so for the 900000th time, the lakers have no money to play with even after dropping the mentioned players.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers

next year they are on the books for 63,833,666 WITHOUT bynums option, sessions option, jordan hills option, goudelocks option, or morris' options being picked up. if by chance they picked up every option thats $90,190,210 the yare on the books for next season, AND they would still be required to pick up 2 more players just to make league minimum roster size. even the following seaon after next they are on the books for $76209269 with all options picked up, and still needing 7 players to meet league minimum roster. kobe is absolutely screwing the lakers cap space. also bynum is going to be looking for a pay day after next season. he is already making 16.5 mil next season (provided his option is picked up, im sure it will be) so he is going to be looking for duncan/garnett type money, 20+mil/season.

with kobe getting older, pau getting older, and bynum getting well, less and less cooperative the lakers are not the destination they once where.

spurs have a much brighter future just in the fact alone that they have money coming up to play with, and a very solid core of young guys to build around. lakers are going to have to blow it up after this season, fire sale style just to keep from spending $150 mil on payroll with taxes.
But, but, but....I heard Dwight Howard was going to join the Lakers starting 6 next year....oh wait...I have a text from my gf about her new pomeranian. She's having it's nails done and like OMG it's in Lakers colors Red and gold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,004,641 times
Reputation: 2222
If Bynum keeps up his bad bahavior, he'll be off the time before Gasol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Reputation: 1982
So durant is .1 points better the Kobe. Kobe will 39points in the last game against the kings to get the scoring title.

Any "bets" on the over under on the 39 points??

I'm thinking he hits 40 and stops just to get that title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,887,058 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So durant is .1 points better the Kobe. Kobe will 39points in the last game against the kings to get the scoring title.

Any "bets" on the over under on the 39 points??

I'm thinking he hits 40 and stops just to get that title.
Somebody with a twitter account needs to let the Kings know about this so they can double Kobe as much as possible...
Seriously though, Brown needs to bench Kobe and let him rest. No need for scoring title...gotta look at the big picture, BUT the ego in Kobe might want to play anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Somebody with a twitter account needs to let the Kings know about this so they can double Kobe as much as possible...
Seriously though, Brown needs to bench Kobe and let him rest. No need for scoring title...gotta look at the big picture, BUT the ego in Kobe might want to play anyway.
This will be the true test of if Kobe cares about the legacy or not. If Kobe sits or doesn't try then MAYBE he isn't worried. If he goes for 50 then it's obvious. If he is close (30+/- points), then I expect he starts gunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top