U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
Reputation: 1655

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I read a story the other day, A Rod said Kobe considered retiring last year.

A-Rod: Kobe Bryant considered retirement last season - latimes.com

Also, he's been in the playoffs so much, he's #6 all time in playoff games.

Most playoff games played all-time in NBA history - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

That's a lot of miles on his legs, plus the injuries. True, about Mutombo, he's about 100 years old. What will kobe look like in the playoffs in 3-4 years? Is he going to be scoring in his wheelchair?

I think Kareem was an anomaly, becauase he was able to change his game late in his career. Take away that skyhook, and where is he after 1984 or 85? Probably retired.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I put David Robinson, Hakeem, and Patrick Ewing over him
The Dream vs Kareem is a decent discussion...

But David Robinson & Pat Ewing couldn't hold Kareem's jock...

Kareem is in the discussion for top players of all time. Robinson & Ewing are simply not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The Dream vs Kareem is a decent discussion...

But David Robinson & Pat Ewing couldn't hold Kareem's jock...

Kareem is in the discussion for top players of all time. Robinson & Ewing are simply not...
Like Skip Bayless said this morning, Magic made Kareem. Kareem was nothing until Magic arrived there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Like Skip Bayless said this morning, Magic made Kareem. Kareem was nothing until Magic arrived there
You and Skip have quite a bit in common when it comes to Basketball commentary.

Kareem was considered the best player in the league when Magic joined the Lakers. And had already lead the Bucks to a title several years earlier. Magic was a hell of a player, in my personal top 5, but let's not pretend that he didn't have a hell of a squad in the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Like Skip Bayless said this morning, Magic made Kareem. Kareem was nothing until Magic arrived there


Now we know where you get your lack of basketball knowledge from... a football journalist! you do know that Skip Baseless says things for TV ratings right? if he said the things that made sense people like you wouldnt watch and quote him...

So to think Kareem was nothing before Magic is ridiculous.

The man won 5 League MVP's before Magic and 1 NBA Finals MVP... But yea he was NOTHING until Magic arrived!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post


Now we know where you get your lack of basketball knowledge from... a football journalist! you do know that Skip Baseless says things for TV ratings right? if he said the things that made sense people like you wouldnt watch and quote him...

So to think Kareem was nothing before Magic is ridiculous.

The man won 5 League MVP's before Magic and 1 NBA Finals MVP... But yea he was NOTHING until Magic arrived!
Kareem was "One-Dimensional" on offense and you know it. All he could do is the skyhook which was always a lazy move in my opinion because he was going AWAY from the defender and not right at him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Kareem was "One-Dimensional" on offense and you know it. All he could do is the skyhook which was always a lazy move in my opinion because he was going AWAY from the defender and not right at him
That is without a doubt one of the dopier comments you've made, and the list from you is rather lengthy. So because Kareem mastered a move that was practically indefensible, it was 'lazy' of him to not find less effective ways to score?? It was lazy of him to master a move that allowed him to avoid contact and lengthen his career?

You say stuff to get a reaction, don't you? Well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
That is without a doubt one of the dopier comments you've made, and the list from you is rather lengthy. So because Kareem mastered a move that was practically indefensible, it was 'lazy' of him to not find less effective ways to score?? It was lazy of him to master a move that allowed him to avoid contact and lengthen his career?

You say stuff to get a reaction, don't you? Well done.
So you don't agree he had a goofy style of playing center?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So you don't agree he had a goofy style of playing center?
...................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 01:35 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Kareem was "One-Dimensional" on offense and you know it. All he could do is the skyhook which was always a lazy move in my opinion because he was going AWAY from the defender and not right at him
It's one thing to not like a player... But the stuff your sayin, well... Nm I think it's pointless to discuss this with you because instead of using facts you are using your own warped opinion & logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top