U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 PM

31,019 posts, read 19,286,814 times

Advertisements

Come on TVSG....you call him nothing without magic when IRL he had a more impressive career pre-magic than magic would have in his career.....and you call the all-time leading scorer in the NBA 1-dimensional.

Step back from the computer....take a walk, take a nap....whatever it takes to clear your head bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 AM

1,670 posts, read 2,713,950 times
Kobe will get close that's for sure. He might need to have a couple real good seasons though in the next few years to counter the later part of his career. He definitely has 5+ years if he stays healthly. One has to wonder though if Kobe had a Pippen and Jordan had a Shaq. You can also wonder if Jordan played straight through to 2000 how many points and titles he would've gotten.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
FBJ

35,229 posts, read 24,526,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Kobe will get close that's for sure. He might need to have a couple real good seasons though in the next few years to counter the later part of his career. He definitely has 5+ years if he stays healthly. One has to wonder though if Kobe had a Pippen and Jordan had a Shaq. You can also wonder if Jordan played straight through to 2000 how many points and titles he would've gotten.
I would love to see Kobe get 7 rings before he retires so he can pass Michael Jordan but it probably won't happen because the West has just gotten so much better in the past years.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I would love to see Kobe get 7 rings before he retires so he can pass Michael Jordan but it probably won't happen because the West has just gotten so much better in the past years.
The West hasn't gotten better, the Lakers have gotten worse. I don't understand how people can look at the Celtics and be like "oh they've fallen off with age and losing players like Perkins".....and then turn around and not recognize the Lakers have pretty much had the same thing occur.

Heck, I'd almost argue that the west is WEAKER than it was 2-3 years ago, especially this year. The top 3 western powerhouses have all had age, injury and defection problems.

Look how many guys have gone to the east from the west.
Amare, Melo, Chandler, Boozer, Deron. That's 5 guys that have been on all-nba (defensive in Chandlers case) in recent years that have gone east to west and ZERO that I can see have gone west to east.

Then you have the consolidation of talent in the east into Miami.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The West hasn't gotten better, the Lakers have gotten worse. I don't understand how people can look at the Celtics and be like "oh they've fallen off with age and losing players like Perkins".....and then turn around and not recognize the Lakers have pretty much had the same thing occur.

Heck, I'd almost argue that the west is WEAKER than it was 2-3 years ago, especially this year. The top 3 western powerhouses have all had age, injury and defection problems.

Look how many guys have gone to the east from the west.
Amare, Melo, Chandler, Boozer, Deron. That's 5 guys that have been on all-nba (defensive in Chandlers case) in recent years that have gone east to west and ZERO that I can see have gone west to east.

Then you have the consolidation of talent in the east into Miami.

The Lakers are situated a little differently than the Celtics because their top 3 players are all under 35 years older with Kobe being 34 and Gasol an bynum being under 30. The Celtics on the otherhand best three players are 35 and older with Allen being the oldest at 37.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
The Lakers are situated a little differently than the Celtics because their top 3 players are all under 35 years older with Kobe being 34 and Gasol an bynum being under 30. The Celtics on the otherhand best three players are 35 and older with Allen being the oldest at 37.
Sigh, where is Velma, Shaggy and Scooby when you need them.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 PM

3,542 posts, read 1,967,876 times
Quote:
Gasol is 32. Bynum is young, after that you've got Artest at 33, Fisher at 37, and a bunch of mostly average/mediocre role players playing behind Kobe.

I like how you said the Celtics 3 best players are all over 35, but totally ignore the fact that Rondo is 25. Reality is both teams are past their peak in their current iteration, so we can expect their lineups to look quite different in 2-3 years.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Gasol is 32. Bynum is young, after that you've got Artest at 33, Fisher at 37, and a bunch of mostly average/mediocre role players playing behind Kobe.

I like how you said the Celtics 3 best players are all over 35, but totally ignore the fact that Rondo is 25. Reality is both teams are past their peak in their current iteration, so we can expect their lineups to look quite different in 2-3 years.
Wow I had no idea that Gasol was over 30 and thought he was 28 or 29. But even with that if gasol and kobe remains together they will have about 3 good years left with each other. Allen. KG, and Pierce on the otherhand are just about done playing with each other
and one of them will be gone which will probably be KG at the end of the season.

BTW: I didn't mention Artest because I don't consider him one of their best three players.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 PM

3,542 posts, read 1,967,876 times
Quote:

BTW: I didn't mention Artest because I don't consider him one of their best three players.
I didn't say that you did, still worth a mention.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I didn't say that you did, still worth a mention.
Someone noted yesterday that Artest only plays his best games when going up against Pierce and the Celtics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball