Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Now 2-20, for 7 points. On the other hand, Bynum and Gasol between them have 20 shots. Bynum has 19 and 9, Gasol 21 and 11.

Edit: of course he hits the 3pointer to give them the lead lol
And that is why Kobe is one of the all time greats. Everyone has crappy games, I've seen Mike have HORRIBLE shooting games as well. Kobe still had the balls to shoot the 3 at the end. Lebum James would have passed the abll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeppers.

Kobe went into the paint in the GS scorefest yesterday and made 7/8 from the paint. He ended up shooting >50% and having 40pts. That's what the Lakers need to succeed.

I agree he needs to drive more. I'm worried he's tired, Mike Brown has no idea what timeouts and rotations are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
And that is why Kobe is one of the all time greats. Everyone has crappy games, I've seen Mike have HORRIBLE shooting games as well. Kobe still had the balls to shoot the 3 at the end. Lebum James would have passed the abll

I agree he needs to drive more. I'm worried he's tired, Mike Brown has no idea what timeouts and rotations are.
Had he passed the ball more early when he was in that slump maybe they would not have been in need of the 3.

Who is brown going to rotate? He still has no bench of players to give their stars a break

Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post

Do you rationalize Bynum and Gasol COMBINING for 20 shots, and each of them basically having 20-10 games, while Kobe chucks to 3-20? Has it occurred to you( obviously it didn't to Kobe) that deferring more to two teammates having dramatically better games, would have likely eliminated the need for him to play hero at the end?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Yeah, the Lakers have no bench....that isn't Kobes fault.
However, this likely means they will have dead legs come playoff time....but it has helped prevent some losses. The coach has to pick his poison.

I don't see how bringing Lebron into this excuses Kobe from raining in bad shots from out of the paint while Pau and Bynum are right there.

It's really puzzling how Lakers fans can brag about Bynum (I had one telling me he is as good as Dwight in a thread we had here) but when I say Kobe needs to get the ball into Bynum instead of taking tons of shots out of the paint.....I get jumped on for picking on Kobe. LMAO.

Sorry, but I look forward to the Lakers being bad again for a while if for no other reason than to clear out all the bandwagon becky fans they've accumulated. It has to be maddening to the hardcore Lakers fans too.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM

the lakers fans are some of the least basketball educated fans in all of the nba. they generally have little to no idea what building a team, managing a team, coaching a team, or even playing on a team entails.

it reminds me of one of my other least favorite teams the mavs, back when cuban amnestied mike finley, and every time the spurs went to dallas every dallas fan in the building would boo the crap out of him. i mean they took it like he left the team and had zero idea that the team dumped him in favor of saving some $$$$$. i mean that would be like the spurs booing scola because we traded him away. spurs fans tend to be more educated in the mater of the nba though so that doesnt happen. sure we see through our silver and black glasses but at least we are not totally blind.

go lakers go! i mean las angeles kobes.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Yeah, the Lakers have no bench....that isn't Kobes fault.
However, this likely means they will have dead legs come playoff time....but it has helped prevent some losses. The coach has to pick his poison.

I don't see how bringing Lebron into this excuses Kobe from raining in bad shots from out of the paint while Pau and Bynum are right there.

It's really puzzling how Lakers fans can brag about Bynum (I had one telling me he is as good as Dwight in a thread we had here) but when I say Kobe needs to get the ball into Bynum instead of taking tons of shots out of the paint.....I get jumped on for picking on Kobe. LMAO.

Sorry, but I look forward to the Lakers being bad again for a while if for no other reason than to clear out all the bandwagon becky fans they've accumulated. It has to be maddening to the hardcore Lakers fans too.

Here you go... uh... that was me and without sounding like a broken record. And for the final time, I said... The Lakers do not need Howard because Bynum gives them the same things. Which unless the English language has changed is not saying... "Bynum is as good as Dwight"

And when I look at their stat lines they looks similar to me... And that's with Bynum playing with a ball hog!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the lakers fans are some of the least basketball educated fans in all of the nba. they generally have little to no idea what building a team, managing a team, coaching a team, or even playing on a team entails.
Let's not lose sight... replace that with Kobe fans. Not Laker fans. We are knowledgable about the game. It's the Kobe fans who are not. Because I have NEVER liked Kobe and I am a Lakers fan. I root for whoever is on the court for my team. Unfortunately for me it sounds like I defend Kobe if I am defending my team. But please believe... I do not condone Kobe.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
SHot chart, set it to Kobe.....1 of 21 shots from within the paint.

New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Lakers - Shot Chart - March 31, 2012 - ESPN

But hey, we are just unfairly picking on Kobe because he is the greatest and can't possibly playing differently than the MVP level Kobe that we have seen the last 6 years or so.

We are just meanie poopy pants, that should shut up and give credit to Kobe for winning the game just like ESPN did.

"Kobe overcomes shooting woes to life Lakers to win"

Hand to god, that's what ESPN is saying.

I wonder what Bynum, Gasol and coach are saying.
It's Mike Brown's responsibility to stop letting Kobe shoot so much.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Perhaps, but after 16 years you'd figure Kobe would be disciplined enough to understand that when you're off, and you have two star teammates who were capably handling the load, stop shooting and run the offense through your hot hands. There's no reason why Kobe alone should be shooting as much as Gasol and Bynum combined, especially when he was cold as ice.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
partially so yes, BUT he is only shooting 3 more shots then with phil jackson as his coach. i think browns offense was built around lebron in cle and he is just trying to revamp it around kobe so he is ok with kobe shooting a ton. the differences though, kobe isnt 22-23 yrs old so his body isnt taking to the game time as well, and lebron would actually pass more and defer if he needed to.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Kobe only took 19 shots in the Clippers win and they fed the ball to bynum against the Clippers pathetic centers. Good team-plan and execution of a bad mismatch.

Kobe took 7/19 shots from the paint....a nice balance. I hope people can look back at my scathing commentary about him taking 1 of 20 or 2 of 14 etc. shots from the paint in some of his horrible outings last week and appreciate that there is a big difference between honest analysis and hating on a player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball