U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 PM

8,018 posts, read 6,620,138 times

Advertisements

Who do you think will have a better career? Jeremy Lin or Ricky Rubio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,213,193 times
ok this jeremy lin BS is going to far!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok this jeremy lin BS is going to far!
The only thing worse than the Lin stuff is the over and over and over ESPN and other reporters asking about "Will Dwight Howard go to the Lakers?" garbage.

I'd like to see ONE honest reporter with some cojones point out the logisitical issues with that and state honestly that it's going to be impossible to improve with Fish, Peace and Walton's contracts and that offering something like Gasol for Howard is a weak trade for Orlando. (and no doubt LA would want to try to throw some of the dead contracts in on top of that.)

I hate NBA.com because they are so "PC", ESPN has no teeth anymore to point out the obvious....or maybe I've just missed it.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,213,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The only thing worse than the Lin stuff is the over and over and over ESPN and other reporters asking about "Will Dwight Howard go to the Lakers?" garbage.

I'd like to see ONE honest reporter with some cojones point out the logisitical issues with that and state honestly that it's going to be impossible to improve with Fish, Peace and Walton's contracts and that offering something like Gasol for Howard is a weak trade for Orlando. (and no doubt LA would want to try to throw some of the dead contracts in on top of that.)

I hate NBA.com because they are so "PC", ESPN has no teeth anymore to point out the obvious....or maybe I've just missed it.
thats funny, i read the other day that orlando didnt even want a pau/bynum for howard trade. yet they still think howard is headed their direction.

speaking of crazy
just read an article about delonte west, was (is?) living in his truck/team locker room in dallas. and to top it off, the article started off with "you think jeremy lin living on his brothers couch is a story" or some bs like that. i mean really?

honestly i hope lin either blows up like jordan so they can justify the stupidity, or falls flat on his face so those of us who never believed can get a big FAT i told you so! UGHHHH

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
thats funny, i read the other day that orlando didnt even want a pau/bynum for howard trade. yet they still think howard is headed their direction.

speaking of crazy
just read an article about delonte west, was (is?) living in his truck/team locker room in dallas. and to top it off, the article started off with "you think jeremy lin living on his brothers couch is a story" or some bs like that. i mean really?

honestly i hope lin either blows up like jordan so they can justify the stupidity, or falls flat on his face so those of us who never believed can get a big FAT i told you so! UGHHHH
Dang. West is making 1.2mil this year so I don't know what that is all about if it's true.

Lin is OK, he will likely get beat up here in this tough stretch so then the media etc. will go overboard the other direction. He's *ok* and will be around for a long time IMO. The hype will die down over the next few weeks. (Caveat: I think the potential ticking time-bomb is how Melo interacts.....Lin's popularity could fracture the Knicks as some of thier stars have been exposed and for the first time in his career people are seriously questioning Melo....and that's a stinger for a prima donna since before he could shave.)

Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 PM

904 posts, read 1,637,426 times
Rubio by far.

Put Rubio in NY and Lin in Minnesota, then Rubio gets the hype and horribly large amount of coverage while Lin would get the same around of coverage Rubio gets in Minnesota right now, which isn't much.

Lin is good, but looks "great" just because of all the hype he's getting. I think he slows down during second half of season, but that's just me. In my opinion, Rubio is just a better player and in the coming seasons he's really going to shine.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,856,712 times
Besides better ball control, what advantage does Rubio have over Lin? and the ball control thing will improve with time.

On the other hand, Rubio cant put up big points like Lin.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,078,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Besides better ball control, what advantage does Rubio have over Lin? and the ball control thing will improve with time.

On the other hand, Rubio cant put up big points like Lin.
He's a better shooter, a better defender doesn't turn the ball over as much, a quicker first step, can go left, basically every facet of the game!

Old 03-02-2012, 02:36 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,706,753 times
Rubio's had the top prospects/attention for a good deal of his career in basketball already (he's huge in Spain).

I think Rubio's game is more developed but where Lin will succeed with is in the realm of persistence. Even when Lin is screwing up on the court he's still playing with heart. Technique is good but willpower overcomes lots of obstacles. I feel there's lots and lots of hype around Lin due to his underdog status but that's what people like to root for!

but when it comes down to it Rubio has really good technique, he's legit.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:04 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,010,964 times
Since I am an American conformist and want to be politically correct, I'll say Lin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball