U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

makes you wonder, is this going the way of "the decision" with lebron and the knicks or is this more legit?

Quote:
Dwight Howard's request for a strong supporting cast and the possibility of signing an extension with the Magic is a ruse as he plans on eventually signing with the Nets, according to sources.

“Dwight’s gone, and [Magic CEO] Alex Martins is the only person who doesn’t believe that,” a league source with knowledge of Howard’s intentions told Yahoo! Sports.

Howard has created the illusion that he may remain with the Magic because he reportedly dislikes confrontation and believes a trade is no longer in his best long-term interests.

Howard is privately telling people the acquisition of better complementary players could convince him to stay, leagues sources told Marc J. Spears.

But Howard's camp, according to sources, is clear that Howard will sign with the Nets at the start of free agency.

Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy know Howard is set to leave the Magic and would like a trade.

“Otis and Stan want the circus to end,” one source close to them said. “They want a deal.”

Martins has improved the franchise’s relationship with Howard, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports. But as one source talking to Martins and Howard said: “That’s great, but [Dwight’s] still going to leave.



Read more: Howard Determined To End Up With Nets - RealGM Wiretap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
JL
 
7,351 posts, read 11,880,681 times
Reputation: 7198
Warriors have traded Ellis, Udoh, Brown for the Buck's Bogut, Jackson....interesting trade. If Bogut can stay healthy, he and Lee will be beastly. This trade should rejuvenate Jackson. Now , the Bucks will have Ellis and Jennings in the backcourt.

Kwame Brown is an expiring contract, so he most likely won't be back next season.

Here is the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

Last edited by JL; 03-13-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Warriors have traded Ellis, Udoh, Brown for the Buck's Bogut, Jackson....interesting trade. If Bogut can stay healthy, he and Lee will be beastly. This trade should rejuvenate Jackson. Now , the Bucks will have Ellis and Jennings in the backcourt.
The Bucks definitely going to the playoffs now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Warriors have traded Ellis, Udoh, Brown for the Buck's Bogut, Jackson....interesting trade. If Bogut can stay healthy, he and Lee will be beastly. This trade should rejuvenate Jackson. Now , the Bucks will have Ellis and Jennings in the backcourt.
Hmm at quick glance I think bucks got te better of it. Gotta digest more though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
seems like the bucks got crap for the 3rd best center in the league, and very good swing man who they just didnt like. ellis is one of the most over rated players in the league imo, and kwame brown? ugh!

yes bogut has leg/foot issues AGAIN but still you dont give up a VERY good big man for a guy who takes terrible shots, doesnt defend, and rarely passes. how are jennings and ellis going to get along? neither of them likes to give up the ball from what i have seen.

seems like they both made a deal just to make a deal. if anything this is better for the warriors. think about it, ellis and curry used to have to share the ball, now curry can learn from jackson (whom i expect will have a better attitude) and he will not have a legit big who will have to be respected on both ends of the floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
 
51,912 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32385
I don't buy Dwight going to the Nets. They are so far from good he'd be out of the Orlando frying pan and into the NJ fire. Oh well, it's his call and it might just be a dumb move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't buy Dwight going to the Nets. They are so far from good he'd be out of the Orlando frying pan and into the NJ fire. Oh well, it's his call and it might just be a dumb move.
I don't understand the Nets talk either since they have so many holes to fill. So he is supposed to go to the Nets because of Derron Williams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
He would go to the nets because the nets are moving to NYC and they are not the knicks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
He would go to the nets because the nets are moving to NYC and they are not the knicks
Playing in NYC means nothing if you are playing on a bad team. Carmelo Anthony is finding that out right now as the Knicks still have a losing record when he plays which is 38-44.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
seems like the bucks got crap for the 3rd best center in the league, and very good swing man who they just didnt like. ellis is one of the most over rated players in the league imo, and kwame brown? ugh!

yes bogut has leg/foot issues AGAIN but still you dont give up a VERY good big man for a guy who takes terrible shots, doesnt defend, and rarely passes. how are jennings and ellis going to get along? neither of them likes to give up the ball from what i have seen.

seems like they both made a deal just to make a deal. if anything this is better for the warriors. think about it, ellis and curry used to have to share the ball, now curry can learn from jackson (whom i expect will have a better attitude) and he will not have a legit big who will have to be respected on both ends of the floor.
Learn from Steven Jackson? Insert <motherofgod.jpeg>

Bougts injuries at this point have to be a huge concern. 3rd best center in the league, maybe, but the center position is a total joke after Howard and Bynum.

Ellis might be the best player in this deal, and Milwaukee has two good scorers in the backcourt. They are still a long way from being an elite EC team, but I think a talented scoring guard, is a better direction than an injury plagued big.

Edit:

Quote:
curry can learn from jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top