U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM

52,003 posts, read 41,844,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Melo is a good solo player, he is not a team player. He only works hard if he is getting 100% of the attention, which is no longer the case now.

Stat needs to go. He is broke. He cannot dunk, he cannot D. He cannot run. The only reason why the Knicks is keeping him is because no one want him.

I think the best thing to do is Trade both + case for another player that want to win.

Both Melo and Stat account for 50% of Knicks salary.
It was still a major improvement for the Knicks even though many of us thought the players they were bringing in were fatally flawed.

We have to realize that the Knicks used to be the Bobcats...and are now at least sorta-mediocre.

The knicks are like watching the special olympics, when the winner of the 100m dash finishes in like 17 seconds you can't really boo them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,345,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It was still a major improvement for the Knicks even though many of us thought the players they were bringing in were fatally flawed.

We have to realize that the Knicks used to be the Bobcats...and are now at least sorta-mediocre.

The knicks are like watching the special olympics, when the winner of the 100m dash finishes in like 17 seconds you can't really boo them.
I know the NYC papers tomorrow will be roasting Melo and the coach for this current 5 game losing streak which will soon be 6 games after they lose to the Bulls tomorrow

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,546 times
Well, let the roasting begin, 'cause I dont think they are going to beat the Bulls...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Well, let the roasting begin, 'cause I dont think they are going to beat the Bulls...
I will say they need another good shooter on their starting five. Out of the starting five the only shooters you have is Melo and Lin

Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,006,218 times
Why do yall want the Knicks to do so well?

They just suck.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Why do yall want the Knicks to do so well?

They just suck.

I think most people got sucked in from the emergence of Lin and wanted to see how far they could go but since they started playing better teams the LIN hype has died down and so has his performance. Melo and amare are not doing anything either which is a big reason why they can't beat anyone.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,454,462 times
Default The problem with the Knicks?

Jeremy Lin = waaay too many turnovers

Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM

52,003 posts, read 41,844,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I know the NYC papers tomorrow will be roasting Melo and the coach for this current 5 game losing streak which will soon be 6 games after they lose to the Bulls tomorrow
Yeah, the NY media are sharks and smell blood. Not to mention the fact that their relationship with the Dolans is as bad as any in pro-sports that I'm aware of.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, the NY media are sharks and smell blood. Not to mention the fact that their relationship with the Dolans is as bad as any in pro-sports that I'm aware of.
The sports headline for the NY Post was LINSANITY DEFENSE and then mentioned that the coach backed him up. I guess he was being drilled by reporters about whether or not will Lin continue to start after being like garbage the last 3 weeks

Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Phil Jackson doesn't sign on to be the coach of a NBA team without any superstars so you can forget about him coming to New York. Melo and Amare are good players but they are no way near superstar status in the NBA and Phil wouldn't even waste his time.
Phil Jackson is the type of coach that players follow. Melo and Amare are just below the elite and if you add a Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, or someone of their caliber and you are a top 3 eastern conference team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball