U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 PM

904 posts, read 1,637,809 times

Advertisements

Even though its reported Carmello doesn't want out, I can only hope he does want traded and won't get his way. This is what you get for being a cry baby who demands to get traded to a team of his choice. Good, he got his way and was shipped to NY, now he's on a bad team and many blame him for the Knicks' current woes right now.

Personally, I think the Knicks were dumb for making the trade. They were fine with Amare being the face of the franchise and were headed in a good direction, but good 'ole Melo cries his way into the Knicks' lap and they suck. And where's Jeremy Lin? A few weeks ago he was the second coming of Christ to many.

Typical NY Knicks fashion. Never win anything yet are always relevant for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,429,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Even though its reported Carmello doesn't want out, I can only hope he does want traded and won't get his way. This is what you get for being a cry baby who demands to get traded to a team of his choice. Good, he got his way and was shipped to NY, now he's on a bad team and many blame him for the Knicks' current woes right now.

Personally, I think the Knicks were dumb for making the trade. They were fine with Amare being the face of the franchise and were headed in a good direction, but good 'ole Melo cries his way into the Knicks' lap and they suck. And where's Jeremy Lin? A few weeks ago he was the second coming of Christ to many.

Typical NY Knicks fashion. Never win anything yet are always relevant for some reason.
Knicks will always be relevant because they play in the biggest city in the country.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:52 PM

52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Knicks will always be relevant because they play in the biggest city in the country.
Wow. 23-59 is relevant?

Oh wait, my bad how about 32-50.....is that relevant?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. 23-59 is relevant?

Oh wait, my bad how about 32-50.....is that relevant?
Yup, since the team plays in NYC if they are winning the media will praise them and if they are losing the media will put the coach on the hot seat.

When you are bad and play in a small city ESPN doesn't care if you are 4-30 like the bobcats.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Yup, since the team plays in NYC if they are winning the media will praise them and if they are losing the media will put the coach on the hot seat.

When you are bad and play in a small city ESPN doesn't care if you are 4-30 like the bobcats.
There was about 5-6 years there when the only time I heard about the Knicks was when Isaih was doing something *bad*.

FYI- I can claim the KC Royals are still relevant because I hear about them quite often because I live in the area. It doesn't make then actually relevant though.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
FBJ

Quote:
There was about 5-6 years there when the only time I heard about the Knicks was when Isaih was doing something *bad*.

FYI- I can claim the KC Royals are still relevant because I hear about them quite often because I live in the area. It doesn't make then actually relevant though.
I mean the national media which only cares if a big city team is losing and will have segments on why they are losing. I haven't seen one segment about the Bobcats this season on ESPN about them being 4-30 or the Raptors.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I mean the national media which only cares if a big city team is losing and will have segments on why they are losing. I haven't seen one segment about the Bobcats this season on ESPN about them being 4-30 or the Raptors.
You know this is a story because the Knicks were supposed to be good with Carmelo and Amare. If the Bobcats had added Amare and Carmelo and were staring at not making the playoffs you'd see a whole bunch of threads about it.

Go back 2 years and the only national stuff you'd hear about the Knicks were organizational stuff like Isaih issues or possible trades because they had a lot of cap room.

The media loves a trainwreck which is why the Knicks have gotten attention the last couple years.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
FBJ

Quote:
You know this is a story because the Knicks were supposed to be good with Carmelo and Amare. If the Bobcats had added Amare and Carmelo and were staring at not making the playoffs you'd see a whole bunch of threads about it.

Go back 2 years and the only national stuff you'd hear about the Knicks were organizational stuff like Isaih issues or possible trades because they had a lot of cap room.

The media loves a trainwreck which is why the Knicks have gotten attention the last couple years.
They been getting attention for the past 7 years because I remember when they signed Larry Brown and the whole Marbury vs Brown situation.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
They been getting attention for the past 7 years because I remember when they signed Larry Brown and the whole Marbury vs Brown situation.
Well gee, I guess infighting and horrible contracts makes them relevant then.

If you want to define relevant as soap opera then yes they are incredibly relevant.

They are the snooki of the NBA.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Well gee, I guess infighting and horrible contracts makes them relevant then.

If you want to define relevant as soap opera then yes they are incredibly relevant.

They are the snooki of the NBA.

Well you know they say that New York is the MECCA of basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball