U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 AM

167 posts, read 234,152 times

Advertisements

D'Antoni leaving was the first step in the right direction. Too offensive-minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 AM

2,945 posts, read 3,015,473 times
I starting to like Woodson.

You can clearly see that the Knicks has changed in the 2 games. Their defense has been up. They no longer standing around like they were under D'Antoni. They share the ball. Their assist went up and more distribution.

But those are not the MOST important. The most important is he talks to player 1 on 1. The case with Lin, he said something to Lin in Q2, but I don't know what it is (was closing up for the week for work). Then the case on Smith's technical. I am pretty sure Woodson tell Smith he cannot do that and need to show sportsmanship. This is how you earn respect from players.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 AM

52,125 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
D'Antoni leaving was the first step in the right direction. Too offensive-minded.
Agreed. If he can get melo and Amare to play D he will deserve some sort of nobel prize though.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 AM

52,125 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Good post, it's remarkable how hapless this franchise has been. NYC is considered the basketball capital of the world and they can't put a decent pro team on the court year in and year out. I would be fascinated if they can lure Phil Jackson to see what if anything he can do with them
Phil isn't coming out of retirement to coach THAT.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:20 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,454,988 times
Before all the Knicks fans start going crazy after 2 games let me state this. The Knicks beat a bad team at home on Wednesday and a pacers team at home on Friday. We already seen the Knicks beat a winning team at home but still have yet to see the Knicks beat a winning team on the road.

So the Knicks play the Pacers at Indiana tonight and if they win that then i will take them seriously and look at woodson as maybe the right coach.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:22 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I starting to like Woodson.

You can clearly see that the Knicks has changed in the 2 games. Their defense has been up. They no longer standing around like they were under D'Antoni. They share the ball. Their assist went up and more distribution.

But those are not the MOST important. The most important is he talks to player 1 on 1. The case with Lin, he said something to Lin in Q2, but I don't know what it is (was closing up for the week for work). Then the case on Smith's technical. I am pretty sure Woodson tell Smith he cannot do that and need to show sportsmanship. This is how you earn respect from players.
All teams play hard right after a coach gets fired the following game and maybe the second game. Will it last is the real question?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Good post, it's remarkable how hapless this franchise has been. NYC is considered the basketball capital of the world and they can't put a decent pro team on the court year in and year out. I would be fascinated if they can lure Phil Jackson to see what if anything he can do with them
And Woodson in Atlanta = underachievers....we will see what happens.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
And Woodson in Atlanta = underachievers....we will see what happens.
Exactly, he was let go for a reason. He is not getting any props from me after 3 games with one of the games being a losing team.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM

2,945 posts, read 3,015,473 times
I look at Woodson's record, he is a good coach. May not be a great coach.

Atlanta under his tenures, it has improved every season.

Any team can win game, but you need a combination of great players and great coach to win championship.

This is the reason why Bulls and Lakers didn't win until they hired Phil Jackson as the head coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball