U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 AM
 
Location: 10 Years Later from ...
8,052 posts, read 5,484,514 times
Reputation: 2680

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It started last season and it's about time. I really hope ESPN can acquire this contract eventually.
I disagree. ESPN has ruined the NBA coverage. Looked at the product on ESPN versus TNT, HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I thought TNT did a great job with the tournament last year. Looking forward to it this year. I personally don't want ESPN to get anymore sports, they have completely gone down hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,443 posts, read 24,644,716 times
Reputation: 8004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I disagree. ESPN has ruined the NBA coverage. Looked at the product on ESPN versus TNT, HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I thought TNT did a great job with the tournament last year. Looking forward to it this year. I personally don't want ESPN to get anymore sports, they have completely gone down hill.
ESPN has good coverage of the NBA but just a crappy studio show. TNT on the otherhand has good and a good studio show which is why I always wanted the NBA Finals to air on TNT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
 
Location: 10 Years Later from ...
8,052 posts, read 5,484,514 times
Reputation: 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
ESPN has good coverage of the NBA but just a crappy studio show. TNT on the otherhand has good and a good studio show which is why I always wanted the NBA Finals to air on TNT
NBC back in the day runs circles around ESPN. They do not have great coverage at all. I don't like when they have Doris Burke commentating. She is so annoying. She is so bias towards the superstar players like many of the people at ESPN. I just can't take their coverage serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,443 posts, read 24,644,716 times
Reputation: 8004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
NBC back in the day runs circles around ESPN. They do not have great coverage at all. I don't like when they have Doris Burke commentating. She is so annoying. She is so bias towards the superstar players like many of the people at ESPN. I just can't take their coverage serious.
I enjoy Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown on ESPN and consider the number one team for the NBA even though ESPN considers Mike breen and Jeff Vangundy as the top team. I don't like Van Gundy because he complains too much on the air and act like someone is forcing him to take the job. You never get that with Hubie brown or Tirco. On TNT i love Kevin harlan because he is so enthusiastic and you can tell he loves his job. His excitment makes me forget about all the things below when watching the game

Being unemployed
pile of medical bills
Rejection letters from employers.


If you can make me forget about all of the above then that means you are good-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
1,954 posts, read 1,007,560 times
Reputation: 800
The day ESPN aquires the right to air the NCAA tournament is the day I stop watching the NCAA tournament. ESPN does a terrible job with the women's tournament, but I have to live with it because it's the only option availible on the women's side. ESPN aquiring the men's tournament would push the women's tournament onto some obscure TV network if it's even on TV at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
 
Location: 10 Years Later from ...
8,052 posts, read 5,484,514 times
Reputation: 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I enjoy Mike Tirico and Hubie Brown on ESPN and consider the number one team for the NBA even though ESPN considers Mike breen and Jeff Vangundy as the top team. I don't like Van Gundy because he complains too much on the air and act like someone is forcing him to take the job. You never get that with Hubie brown or Tirco. On TNT i love Kevin harlan because he is so enthusiastic and you can tell he loves his job. His excitment makes me forget about all the things below when watching the game

Being unemployed
pile of medical bills
Rejection letters from employers.


If you can make me forget about all of the above then that means you are good-lol
Sorry to hear all that, I pray things get better for you.

To your point, I do like Hubie. I like Tirico on football better though. I also like Mike Breen, but sometimes the coverage is annoying. The whole Linsanity thing and stuff like that completely takes away from the actual game. I feel as though they focus too much on the side issues instead of the actual games. That's why I like TNT. I honestly miss Doug Collins. He was the best. Besides that, I just honestly miss those NBA on NBC weekend games. I haven't seen anything that can top that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 04:56 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,443 posts, read 24,644,716 times
Reputation: 8004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Sorry to hear all that, I pray things get better for you.

To your point, I do like Hubie. I like Tirico on football better though. I also like Mike Breen, but sometimes the coverage is annoying. The whole Linsanity thing and stuff like that completely takes away from the actual game. I feel as though they focus too much on the side issues instead of the actual games. That's why I like TNT. I honestly miss Doug Collins. He was the best. Besides that, I just honestly miss those NBA on NBC weekend games. I haven't seen anything that can top that.
Doug was kind of a whiner too when it came to being a play by play analyst. So I didn't really enjoy listening to him that much but I do wish he was still on TNT because if he was the Sixers would not be winning right now lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Here or There
2,137 posts, read 936,993 times
Reputation: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It started last season and it's about time. I really hope ESPN can acquire this contract eventually.
Heck no! I defintely DO NOT want ESPN to get the rights to this. When I heard that CBS might have to renegotiate, the first thing I thought was--"Hope ESPN doesnt get it."

A matter of fact, I believe part of the reason CBS is in with Turner was to keep ESPN OUT. I really dont totally enjoy ESPN having some BCS rights, so I dont want them to ruin March Madness as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Syracuse, New York
1,870 posts, read 842,767 times
Reputation: 1211
Yeah, we don't need Dookie V ruining the championship game by talking about a Duke team that got eliminated a week earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,443 posts, read 24,644,716 times
Reputation: 8004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Yeah, we don't need Dookie V ruining the championship game by talking about a Duke team that got eliminated a week earlier.
I can't believe that man is still on ESPN doing college basketball. I still remember being in middle school and was wondering why my friends would always say this on the court when we played basketball........."Get a TO baby"

That was in 1988, and then in 1989 I saw him and said..."Oh that's where they got that from"

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top