U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
 
52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Reputation: 32503

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
The Lakers have won the championship 5 times since 2000(2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, and 2010). Of course anything but a championship is a disappointment from organizations like the Lakers or Spurs.
^^^I like this line of thinking.

I also like that the Lakers are going to try to make a run this year even with the deck stacked against them....vs....a rebuild.

What happens to this team if they get blasted out of the playoffs like last year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 596,378 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^I like this line of thinking.

I also like that the Lakers are going to try to make a run this year even with the deck stacked against them....vs....a rebuild.

What happens to this team if they get blasted out of the playoffs like last year?
Bynum had a really good game against Memphis tonight, but the Lakers lost. Bynum is looking really good this year. 18points a game, 12.5 rebounds a game, 58% FG percentage, 2 blocks a game. I wonder if they'll trade Gasol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,394,120 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Bynum had a really good game against Memphis tonight, but the Lakers lost. Bynum is looking really good this year. 18points a game, 12.5 rebounds a game, 58% FG percentage, 2 blocks a game. I wonder if they'll trade Gasol.
What did the future HOFER Sessions do tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: California
2,016 posts, read 2,018,129 times
Reputation: 1776
After seeing last nights game against Memphis, the Lakers are far from a title contending team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
 
52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Reputation: 32503
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Bynum had a really good game against Memphis tonight, but the Lakers lost. Bynum is looking really good this year. 18points a game, 12.5 rebounds a game, 58% FG percentage, 2 blocks a game. I wonder if they'll trade Gasol.
Mephis centers are kinda scrubs but in general yeah....Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league.

I think if the Lakers could get 3 average guys for Pau they'd have a better chance of a championship....which is what might happen in the summer.

FYI- World Peace can't make wide open 3's. That and no bench still are their achilles. I only got to watch maybe 1 quarter but the Lakers D was unimpressive and their starters looked tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM
 
Location: California
2,016 posts, read 2,018,129 times
Reputation: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What did the future HOFER Sessions do tonight?
Against Memphis last night, 18 points, 5 assist, 2 rebounds. Not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
 
52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Reputation: 32503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Against Memphis last night, 18 points, 5 assist, 2 rebounds. Not bad.
Yep, scoring points was not the Lakers problem. Anytime you let an opposing team shoot >50% there is a very high probability of it being a loss.

They got out-rebounded too which is a rarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 12:28 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,394,120 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep, scoring points was not the Lakers problem. Anytime you let an opposing team shoot >50% there is a very high probability of it being a loss.

They got out-rebounded too which is a rarity.
I know that clown Mike Brown better avoid benching the franchise player from here on out. Mike brown really is as dumb as he looks to bench Kobe for Metta World Peace in a game that was in the 4th qtr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
 
758 posts, read 1,037,348 times
Reputation: 324
Hell no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 06:56 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,210,783 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I know that clown Mike Brown better avoid benching the franchise player from here on out. Mike brown really is as dumb as he looks to bench Kobe for Metta World Peace in a game that was in the 4th qtr.
seems to me he is trying to rest his stars, along the lines of what pop does. the difference, pop knows how to do it, brown doesnt. pop tells his guys before hand as well. he tells them your only getting xxxx minutes, or your sitting tonight. brown says hmmmm kobe has been playing a lot of minutes i better sit him NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top