U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM

29,786 posts, read 18,116,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
seems to me he is trying to rest his stars, along the lines of what pop does. the difference, pop knows how to do it, brown doesnt. pop tells his guys before hand as well. he tells them your only getting xxxx minutes, or your sitting tonight. brown says hmmmm kobe has been playing a lot of minutes i better sit him NOW!
They played Kobe 39min and Pau 37min last night and gave Bynum a 1/2 night at 21+ min.

The game before in the Memphis loss the Big 3 averaged almost 40min each and every Lakers starter played 34min+.

I don't see the Lakers *really* resting, if they do they are going to soak up losses and they are very likely eyeing the playoff standings.

Just 12 games left but there are a ton of teams within 3 games of them and you know they don't want to lose HCA and maybe lose in the 1st round? That would be the end of that coach.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:41 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,261,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They played Kobe 39min and Pau 37min last night and gave Bynum a 1/2 night at 21+ min.

The game before in the Memphis loss the Big 3 averaged almost 40min each and every Lakers starter played 34min+.

I don't see the Lakers *really* resting, if they do they are going to soak up losses and they are very likely eyeing the playoff standings.

Just 12 games left but there are a ton of teams within 3 games of them and you know they don't want to lose HCA and maybe lose in the 1st round? That would be the end of that coach.
About Bynum being benched last night: He really needs to grow up. His attitude on the bench, not partaking in huddles, and attitude during interviews is horrendous. If the Lakers didn't need him so bad, I'd bench him for being a brat. Hopefully Pau and Kobe can provide some mentoring for him down the final strech, because he needs it.

Now Sessions on the other hand at least seems gracious and provides a spark to the Laker offense that was sorely lacking. I love his style of play, but as far as a title is concerned, I don't think it's going to happen.

This year seemed like a "rebuilding" year. New coach, new offense, HUGE egos, and a healthy still learning Bynum, and it's no surprise they are inconsistent as they are.

Next year though, watch out. Kobe as at least a couple more years in him. The Lakers do need some more help from the bench, so that'd be interesting to see as well.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
About Bynum being benched last night: He really needs to grow up. His attitude on the bench, not partaking in huddles, and attitude during interviews is horrendous. If the Lakers didn't need him so bad, I'd bench him for being a brat. Hopefully Pau and Kobe can provide some mentoring for him down the final strech, because he needs it.

Now Sessions on the other hand at least seems gracious and provides a spark to the Laker offense that was sorely lacking. I love his style of play, but as far as a title is concerned, I don't think it's going to happen.

This year seemed like a "rebuilding" year. New coach, new offense, HUGE egos, and a healthy still learning Bynum, and it's no surprise they are inconsistent as they are.

Next year though, watch out. Kobe as at least a couple more years in him. The Lakers do need some more help from the bench, so that'd be interesting to see as well.
Good comments.

I'm getting the feeling that they might deal Pau in the offseason, amnesty artest and then use the trade and some cap space to go after some veterans to solidify the bench and a solid SF and PF. With those changes....I give them a much much better chance of advancing but despite delusion from Laker's fans about Kobe not aging....he has and that window is closing quickly.

Artest is shooting 26.4% from 3-pt range this season and it's not unusual to see him take 3-4 a night that are usually WIDE open because of kick-outs.

I expect 100% that this is his last year in a Laker's uniform one way or another.

I'd be thinking that all the accolades Bynum is getting like all-star and constant talk about how he is the best center in the west are going straight to his head. He's not as good as he thinks he is, the center position is at an all-time low point. You can't even begin to compare Bynum to Shaq at that age...it's a joke....and Kobe and Pau both make him look good. Part of this is the Laker fanatics blowing him up to be the greatest....like they did with Kobe whom they were saying was better than Shaq long before it was even true. Fortunately Kobe had the passion and fire to keep pushing his game....not to mention the post-Shaq humbling as the Lakers couldn't even make the playoffs while Shaq won another ring.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
FBJ

33,615 posts, read 22,894,364 times
Quote:
seems to me he is trying to rest his stars, along the lines of what pop does. the difference, pop knows how to do it, brown doesnt. pop tells his guys before hand as well. he tells them your only getting xxxx minutes, or your sitting tonight. brown says hmmmm kobe has been playing a lot of minutes i better sit him NOW!
Mike Brown benched Bynum last night for taking a three point shot-lol

Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,261,289 times
Quote:
Good comments.

I'm getting the feeling that they might deal Pau in the offseason, amnesty artest and then use the trade and some cap space to go after some veterans to solidify the bench and a solid SF and PF. With those changes....I give them a much much better chance of advancing but despite delusion from Laker's fans about Kobe not aging....he has and that window is closing quickly.

Artest is shooting 26.4% from 3-pt range this season and it's not unusual to see him take 3-4 a night that are usually WIDE open because of kick-outs.

I expect 100% that this is his last year in a Laker's uniform one way or another.

I'd be thinking that all the accolades Bynum is getting like all-star and constant talk about how he is the best center in the west are going straight to his head. He's not as good as he thinks he is, the center position is at an all-time low point. You can't even begin to compare Bynum to Shaq at that age...it's a joke....and Kobe and Pau both make him look good. Part of this is the Laker fanatics blowing him up to be the greatest....like they did with Kobe whom they were saying was better than Shaq long before it was even true. Fortunately Kobe had the passion and fire to keep pushing his game....not to mention the post-Shaq humbling as the Lakers couldn't even make the playoffs while Shaq won another ring.
World Peace is horrible on offense totally, he hesitates and stutters and it's only been the last few games where he hasn't looked embarrassing. The ONLY redeeming quality is his D and even that isn't enough to keep him.

The Lakers do need some better outside perimeter shooters... and Bynum is really hyped up right now.

Hack-a-Shaq, was EARNED by Shaq because he was constantly in the paint and such a threat. Bynum gets flustered on a double-team, let alone a triple, but again part of that is him still learning. He could be A LOT better than he is now.

Plus Bynum (and the rest of the team) needs to work on his D. The amount of opposing team second chances is ridiculous.

It will be an interesting off season.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
World Peace is horrible on offense totally, he hesitates and stutters and it's only been the last few games where he hasn't looked embarrassing. The ONLY redeeming quality is his D and even that isn't enough to keep him.

The Lakers do need some better outside perimeter shooters... and Bynum is really hyped up right now.

Hack-a-Shaq, was EARNED by Shaq because he was constantly in the paint and such a threat. Bynum gets flustered on a double-team, let alone a triple, but again part of that is him still learning. He could be A LOT better than he is now.

Plus Bynum (and the rest of the team) needs to work on his D. The amount of opposing team second chances is ridiculous.

It will be an interesting off season.
Looking Like the Lakers might be playing Memphis, UT or Dallas in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM
FBJ

33,615 posts, read 22,894,364 times
Quote:
Looking Like the Lakers might be playing Memphis, UT or Dallas in the 1st round of the playoffs.
I think they only go to the 2nd round if they play Utah

Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 PM

5,584 posts, read 3,885,302 times
Quote:

its funny because i read a quote from brown right after this came up here. he says its all part of his attempt to have a relationship with kobe like pop has with duncan it was about rest but as i said, he doesnt know HOW to rest his players. he is trying way to hard to be like pop that it is already beginning to backfire on him

Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
its funny because i read a quote from brown right after this came up here. he says its all part of his attempt to have a relationship with kobe like pop has with duncan it was about rest but as i said, he doesnt know HOW to rest his players. he is trying way to hard to be like pop that it is already beginning to backfire on him
THe big problem with that assumption is that Kobe is like the Spurs players. He isn't. He is much more of a singular talent (except for Duncan) and a complete Diva. This is the guy that helped shove SHAQ out the door.

Not gonna work with Kobe.....not in a million years. I'm not even sure Phil ever got through to Kobe except for his 10 rings and then the humiliating season after Shaq left.

MAYBE next year....but I doubt it, Kobe has arrived at this point of his career and it's his way or the highway.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM

Sessions got take to the prison showers by Westbrook last night.

Kobe took 14 shots in the 2nd half of the game. Only ONE of those was in the paint (barely)
He made 2 of those 14 shots.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Lakers - Shot Chart - March 29, 2012 - ESPN

Play around with this shot chart and look where Durant and Westbrook were getting thier shots from, especially in the 4th quarter. Paint, paint, paint.....Kobe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball