U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,252,636 times

Advertisements

that falls right into the article i posted yesterday. funny how people would normally not notice a game like that for kobe. they just say "yeah kobe had 23 and 9" without looking at the 7-25 line he had. or the fact that he made 8 fts and id be willing to be 1/2 of those attempts where borderline no calls but HE IS KOBE so the refs give them to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM

52,504 posts, read 42,204,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
that falls right into the article i posted yesterday. funny how people would normally not notice a game like that for kobe. they just say "yeah kobe had 23 and 9" without looking at the 7-25 line he had. or the fact that he made 8 fts and id be willing to be 1/2 of those attempts where borderline no calls but HE IS KOBE so the refs give them to him.
Kobe is a cagey vet, he knows how to draw fouls....<points at Dwayne Wade>

I've been negative of Kobe in the post Shaq years where he was trying so hard to prove how great he was and shot the Lakers right out of the playoffs while everyone oohed and ahhhhed and blamed his not having quality teamates for why he had to shoot so many poor shots.

I then praised him when Phil got him to calm down,take good shots, involve his teamates and his FG% shot up and the Lakers won championships.

He has now regressed back to the old Kobe. The one that causal fans thought was much better than he really was at the time.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM

3,522 posts, read 3,954,118 times
I honestly don't know if people are just becoming more stupid or people have finally let their brains get fried by whatever drug they are taking..

Are you seriously asking me if some guy no one has ever heard of puts a team into title contention?

Next you'll be asking if DRose should be shipped.

It's an upgrade...I'm going to have to politely ask you to take the dick out of your own ass and give the other gay laker fans a chance to finish...seriously. open wide....

Old 03-30-2012, 04:27 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,028,681 times
Who cares?

They sure weren't going to win a title this year with Fisher.

3rd seed isn't so bad, geez.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,662,025 times
All I want to know is Sessions still HOP material? Last week he was the MISSING PIECE to carry the Lakers to their next title.

How many pts did he have last night? LOL

Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Who cares?

They sure weren't going to win a title this year with Fisher.

3rd seed isn't so bad, geez.
Wow. They are edging out the Clippers for that awesome 3rd seed..../golf clap
Maybe the 76'ers will become 3rd seed pen-pals with them?

Old 03-30-2012, 11:11 PM

478 posts, read 599,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
All I want to know is Sessions still HOP material? Last week he was the MISSING PIECE to carry the Lakers to their next title.

How many pts did he have last night? LOL
You mean Hall of Fame material (HOF)? Who said that if you wouldn't mind qouting where someone said that. I'm not even a Lakers fan, I'm a Cavs fan lol. All I was saying is that he was an upgrade over what the Lakers had at the PG position, and I'd consider Sessions to be a good point guard. Not great, not a future hall of famer, but at this point he's better than Derek Fisher or Steve Blake.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
You mean Hall of Fame material (HOF)? Who said that if you wouldn't mind qouting where someone said that. I'm not even a Lakers fan, I'm a Cavs fan lol. All I was saying is that he was an upgrade over what the Lakers had at the PG position, and I'd consider Sessions to be a good point guard. Not great, not a future hall of famer, but at this point he's better than Derek Fisher or Steve Blake.
I know, TVSG is just mocking the OP.

While Sessions is indeed an upgrade, they could have still used Fisher to strengthen their bench. Dumping Fisher was 100% a salary cap \ tax move.

The way Kobe is playing now they may not get out of the 1st round.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
After watching him play the past few games, and starting his first game last night against Portland, where he had 20 point and 11 assist, I think he adds an element to the Laker arsenal that they hadn’t had from the point guard position in a long time.

Getting Sessions without giving up anyone of significance is a better trade then the one that was nixed by Commissioner Stern for Chris Paul. It’s too bad this trade wasn’t made earlier instead of the Chris Paul trade attempt. We still might have a clear headed Lamar Odom too.
BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH.......if Sessions were a thanksgiving Turkey....then westbrook has declared him delicious and served him up to the family by now.

Seriously. Everyone re-read this thread. Hey, I was wrong about Durant not winning MVP...I own that....but THIS thread is just dammmmn funny.

Oh, but at least ESPN made an excuse for them as being "weary"....and Sessions managed 2pts and 3 assists in 26mins. LMFAO.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,028,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Kobe is a cagey vet, he knows how to draw fouls....<points at Dwayne Wade>

I've been negative of Kobe in the post Shaq years where he was trying so hard to prove how great he was and shot the Lakers right out of the playoffs while everyone oohed and ahhhhed and blamed his not having quality teamates for why he had to shoot so many poor shots.

I then praised him when Phil got him to calm down,take good shots, involve his teamates and his FG% shot up and the Lakers won championships.

He has now regressed back to the old Kobe. The one that causal fans thought was much better than he really was at the time.
To tell you the truth. Kobe doesn't really have a great supporting cast, so I can understand why he takes so many shots sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or