U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times

Advertisements

ESPN has reported that Amare will be out 2 to 4 weeks which means they will be losing a big chunk of their offense. So Melo will have to start playing better which probably won't happen and with Lin being injured due to a knee it doesn't look like the Knicks can make the playoffs now. They have a huge game tonight against the Magic and then the Hawks on friday which would have been tough if everyone was playing.

So is the Knicks playoff hopes done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:28 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
No way. Looks like the 8 seed will need to be around .500 maybe even a couple game below. All they have to do is outplay the bucks, who they already have a lead on to get in.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
No way. Looks like the 8 seed will need to be around .500 maybe even a couple game below. All they have to do is outplay the bucks, who they already have a lead on to get in.
That Monta Ellis trade was looking bad until he went off last night against the Hawks which was a big win for them to move closer to the 8th spot. I just think that Amare is a better offensive option than Melo and who just stands still and shoots a fade away shot. We will see how it works out tonight against the Orlando Magic.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
The fact that melo has a strained groin, amare being out also can't help. I say 50/50 shot they make it, either way they are 1st round exiting if they do make it.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The fact that melo has a strained groin, amare being out also can't help. I say 50/50 shot they make it, either way they are 1st round exiting if they do make it.
Yeah they would have to get the 6th spot in order to have a chance in beating a 1st round opponent. No way are they beating the Bulls in round 1 of the playoffs.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:46 PM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Even before this I took one look at the Knicks schedule and wondered if they would survive the first 2 weeks of April.

At Indy
At Orlando
Bulls
At Bulls
At Milwaukee
Washington
Miami
Boston

2 game lead, 12 games to go....they're likely gonna go 2-6 through that stretch.
Milwaukees schedule is much easier but still....they need to make up 2 games and they are a .500 team at best. That means even if they go 6-6, the Knicks just need 4-8 or so to keep even.

I think the Knicks might narrowly hold on, coin flip unless Milwaukee gets motivated and goes on a tear against their marginal opponents.

It's very likely that it will just come down to whomever wins the April 11 match-up since that's a 1 -game swing right there.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Even before this I took one look at the Knicks schedule and wondered if they would survive the first 2 weeks of April.

At Indy
At Orlando
Bulls
At Bulls
At Milwaukee
Washington
Miami
Boston

2 game lead, 12 games to go....they're likely gonna go 2-6 through that stretch.
Milwaukees schedule is much easier but still....they need to make up 2 games and they are a .500 team at best. That means even if they go 6-6, the Knicks just need 4-8 or so to keep even.

I think the Knicks might narrowly hold on, coin flip unless Milwaukee gets motivated and goes on a tear against their marginal opponents.

It's very likely that it will just come down to whomever wins the April 11 match-up since that's a 1 -game swing right there.

The Knicks season is over after looking at that schedule. Plus I'm listening to ESPN NY right now and found out in addition to Amare being out, Lin is also out the next 3 games. Lin and Amare was the main two players producing points which was so obvious in the Philly game last wednesday. So the Bucks will be playing the Bulls in the 1st round.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM

Someone on the knicks must have read my post, they are beating the Magic by 31 right now at the end of the 3rd qtr

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 PM

900 posts, read 2,046,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Someone on the knicks must have read my post, they are beating the Magic by 31 right now at the end of the 3rd qtr
Hmp! Read your posts?

What about mine? Although it wasn't a choice but still you could clearly see that Melo and Lin don't belong in the game at the same time. I think Lin is overcompensating when Melo is in to make sure Melo is "attended to" and Melo probably was feeling the "Linsanity" pressure and doing it to himself.

I think when Lin is in a game without Melo he probably feels freer, and to try different plays, with Melo in with him he passes to Melo more often it seems than even the other teammates.

When Melo played tonight without Lin he made more shots and carried the team onto a win, even with the groin acting up.

I have to admit Melo surprised me, he finally stepped up but he still needs to practice his shots.

But on the real, do you really think anyone from the Knicks organization read these boards?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Hmp! Read your posts?

What about mine? Although it wasn't a choice but still you could clearly see that Melo and Lin don't belong in the game at the same time. I think Lin is overcompensating when Melo is in to make sure Melo is "attended to" and Melo probably was feeling the "Linsanity" pressure and doing it to himself.

I think when Lin is in a game without Melo he probably feels freer, and to try different plays, with Melo in with him he passes to Melo more often it seems than even the other teammates.

When Melo played tonight without Lin he made more shots and carried the team onto a win, even with the groin acting up.

I have to admit Melo surprised me, he finally stepped up but he still needs to practice his shots.

But on the real, do you really think anyone from the Knicks organization read these boards?

I thought it was obvious I was joking about the Knicks reading my thread-lol

Melo knows he has no choice but to step up because a coach has resigned/gotfired and two key players were out. So what else could he do but step up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball