U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you be surprised if the Chicago Bulls won the title in 2012?
Yes 8 33.33%
No 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

i say screw the pundits, SPURS/BULLS finals!!!! (spurs in 7 of course)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
I only see it happening if the Bulls players continue to play like they have been since Rose been out. If they can maintain that level of play once Rose comes then I see no reason why they should atleast be in the Finals. I think the Spurs may be too tough for any East team in the Finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
478 posts, read 594,887 times
Reputation: 323
I voted yes, only because Rose has had a lot of injury issues this year. I think the Bulls have played great without him playing, but if he's still dealing with injuries in the playoffs, Imo I don't see them being able to beat the Heat in a 7 game series unless Rose is healthy. If he is, I think the Bulls should be the favorites out of the East, if not, than it's Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,629,032 times
Reputation: 683
The Bulls need another reliable scorer. No one has been consistent as a second option for Rose, or as a first option while he's been out. Watson, Deng, Lucas, Boozer, even Korver have all had good games, but none has been consistently good. This will be especially important against Miami when they put LeBron on Rose. That should create a mismatch elsewhere, but the Bulls don't have another option to be able to exploit that.
Deng really hasn't played well since being voted into the All-Star game. Boozer is a dumbass, and does more harm than good if his jumper isn't falling (and sometimes even when it is). He is a marginal defender, and is always committing stupid fouls. Personally I much prefer Taj Gibson over Boozer.
If no one steps up as a scorer, then they lose games to teams like New Jersey, or get taken to overtime by teams like Toronto. That does not equal championship material. I hope they can put the pieces together, and Rose can stay healthy. Unfortunately I don't see it this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
The Bulls need another reliable scorer. No one has been consistent as a second option for Rose, or as a first option while he's been out. Watson, Deng, Lucas, Boozer, even Korver have all had good games, but none has been consistently good. This will be especially important against Miami when they put LeBron on Rose. That should create a mismatch elsewhere, but the Bulls don't have another option to be able to exploit that.
Deng really hasn't played well since being voted into the All-Star game. Boozer is a dumbass, and does more harm than good if his jumper isn't falling (and sometimes even when it is). He is a marginal defender, and is always committing stupid fouls. Personally I much prefer Taj Gibson over Boozer.
If no one steps up as a scorer, then they lose games to teams like New Jersey, or get taken to overtime by teams like Toronto. That does not equal championship material. I hope they can put the pieces together, and Rose can stay healthy. Unfortunately I don't see it this season.
How have they been winning all these games without Rose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
 
637 posts, read 784,693 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How have they been winning all these games without Rose?
Here's the Bulls hater logic:

Does it matter? it's the regular season. During the playoffs, superstars become superstars

Every win for the Bulls shows how DRose is exposed as a worthless MVP
Every loss for the Bulls shows how reliant the team is on DRose

Even if they win the #1 seed, they still lost last year to the Miami Heat 4-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
Here's the Bulls hater logic:

Does it matter? it's the regular season. During the playoffs, superstars become superstars

Every win for the Bulls shows how DRose is exposed as a worthless MVP
Every loss for the Bulls shows how reliant the team is on DRose

Even if they win the #1 seed, they still lost last year to the Miami Heat 4-1
The fact you use the word "logic" to describe this thought train makes my brain hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM
 
637 posts, read 784,693 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The fact you use the word "logic" to describe this thought train makes my brain hurt.
It's things I've heard from various commentators following the NBA. It gets stupider than that probably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,050,585 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
The Bulls need another reliable scorer. No one has been consistent as a second option for Rose, or as a first option while he's been out. Watson, Deng, Lucas, Boozer, even Korver have all had good games, but none has been consistently good. This will be especially important against Miami when they put LeBron on Rose. That should create a mismatch elsewhere, but the Bulls don't have another option to be able to exploit that.
Deng really hasn't played well since being voted into the All-Star game. Boozer is a dumbass, and does more harm than good if his jumper isn't falling (and sometimes even when it is). He is a marginal defender, and is always committing stupid fouls. Personally I much prefer Taj Gibson over Boozer.
If no one steps up as a scorer, then they lose games to teams like New Jersey, or get taken to overtime by teams like Toronto. That does not equal championship material. I hope they can put the pieces together, and Rose can stay healthy. Unfortunately I don't see it this season.
Or even Rondo who is a great defender as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Reputation: 1655
I would say yes if Rose was unable to play the rest of the year--which shouldnt be the case; otherwise, no.

I dont trust in Boozer in the playoffs...I will have to see that to believe it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top