U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you be surprised if the Chicago Bulls won the title in 2012?
Yes 8 33.33%
No 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2012, 03:09 PM
 
52,796 posts, read 42,409,278 times
Reputation: 33064

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No one is watching the playoffs if they are on vacation which leads me to believe he is not a diehard Bulls fan.
LMAO. Watched most of the ECF last year while on vacation. Painfull as it was. My gf is a native southsider (Chicago) so hell ya she is as into it as I am.

Show up here the 2nd week in June and I will buy you a drink.

Siesta Key Restaurant | Daiquiri Deck Raw Bar Siesta | Sarasota Oyster Bar Live Music

The waitresses are omg......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
13,264 posts, read 18,178,252 times
Reputation: 14747
The Chicago Bulls may win the NBA Finals only if the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup. I kind of enjoy the fact that Pittsburgh (12) has won one more professional sports championship than Chicago (11) since 1960.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,040,013 times
Reputation: 2222
I love how everyone jumps on the Bulls bandwagon. Lets see if they can get past the Heat in the playoffs.

Remember last year when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA but still didn't make it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,614 posts, read 50,814,626 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I love how everyone jumps on the Bulls bandwagon. Lets see if they can get past the Heat in the playoffs.

Remember last year when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA but still didn't make it?
The pressure is definitely on the Bulls to make the Finals because if they don't the season will be a complete failure since they will have the best record again and failed to make the postseason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,411,386 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The Chicago Bulls may win the NBA Finals only if the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup. I kind of enjoy the fact that Pittsburgh (12) has won one more professional sports championship than Chicago (11) since 1960.
Weird, I've never heard of a Pittsburgh/chicago rivalry. I actually found the fanbase's fairly friendly to us when I've went to PNC... I always thought the teams and fanbase's were similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I love how everyone jumps on the Bulls bandwagon. Lets see if they can get past the Heat in the playoffs.

Remember last year when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA but still didn't make it?
I'm not exposed to much media outside of Chicago, but I don't see much of a bulls bandwagon. Most people don't give them much of a chance vs the heat. I voted no in the poll, only because I don't view the bulls as total long shot, but I'd bet on the heat if Push came to shove. The bulls are clearly good, but flawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 AM
 
900 posts, read 2,066,048 times
Reputation: 676
Nope, especially since the Knicks beat them this past Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
 
52,796 posts, read 42,409,278 times
Reputation: 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The pressure is definitely on the Bulls to make the Finals because if they don't the season will be a complete failure since they will have the best record again and failed to make the postseason.
The Bulls are still pretty green in terms of playoff experience and best record doesn't matter when you square off against a particular team that you match up well against. Not to mention that the Bulls are a deeper team than Miami which helps them weather injuries and win in the regular season.

With that said, I won't view it as a failure because the Bulls are still young and improving and are still paying their dues so to speak.

It wouldn't shock me if they beat the Heat, but I give the Heat the edge.

P.S. Miami would have had about the same or better record than the Bulls last year after you get past their first 20 games or so when they were adjusting to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
 
52,796 posts, read 42,409,278 times
Reputation: 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Weird, I've never heard of a Pittsburgh/chicago rivalry. I actually found the fanbase's fairly friendly to us when I've went to PNC... I always thought the teams and fanbase's were similar.



I'm not exposed to much media outside of Chicago, but I don't see much of a bulls bandwagon. Most people don't give them much of a chance vs the heat. I voted no in the poll, only because I don't view the bulls as total long shot, but I'd bet on the heat if Push came to shove. The bulls are clearly good, but flawed.
Yeah, I haven't noticed much Bulls bandwagoning. There are wayyyyyy more Miami bandwagoners and of course the Lakers are still hauling a bunch around.

I don't want to knock some of those people too hard though because a lot of them will actually become lifelong fans of some of those teams and won't just leap off the bandwagon in a few years when the teams hit rough patches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,614 posts, read 50,814,626 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Bulls are still pretty green in terms of playoff experience and best record doesn't matter when you square off against a particular team that you match up well against. Not to mention that the Bulls are a deeper team than Miami which helps them weather injuries and win in the regular season.

With that said, I won't view it as a failure because the Bulls are still young and improving and are still paying their dues so to speak.

It wouldn't shock me if they beat the Heat, but I give the Heat the edge.

P.S. Miami would have had about the same or better record than the Bulls last year after you get past their first 20 games or so when they were adjusting to each other.
I been watching the NBA for over 25 years and the last time I checked, when a team in either conference has the best record they are expected to make the Finals or the season is a failure. If the season is not considered a failure then what would be the point of fighting to get HCA all through the playoffs? I don't think any team with the number 1 seed who was knocked out in round 1 was satisfied with their season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
 
52,796 posts, read 42,409,278 times
Reputation: 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I been watching the NBA for over 25 years and the last time I checked, when a team in either conference has the best record they are expected to make the Finals or the season is a failure. If the season is not considered a failure then what would be the point of fighting to get HCA all through the playoffs? I don't think any team with the number 1 seed who was knocked out in round 1 was satisfied with their season.
I can name at least 4 NBA teams that should be disappointed if they don't make the finals this year. Not all of them can be the #1 seed in each conference.

Miami has a shelf life of 3-4 years before age starts to take it's toll. Bulls don't, and lack the deep playoff and finals experience of a Miami or San Antonio.

Just being realistic, I understand your points but sometimes you just have to pay your dues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top